Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change J Award to F Award With Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Change J Award to F Award With Miles?

I used 37k AA miles for a J ticket next May going from FRA to JNB. I now have more miles in my AA account. The mileage chart shows 50K AA miles for first class. If I call AA, can they change my BA ticket from Y to F for 12,500 miles?

Also, would the fuel surcharge change? (paid $310 for fuel/taxes/fees for each Y ticket).

Finally, on the BA A380, is it worth 12,500 miles to go from Y to first? (14 hour flight).
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bluefive5
I used 37k AA miles for a J ticket next May going from FRA to JNB. I now have more miles in my AA account. The mileage chart shows 50K AA miles for first class. If I call AA, can they change my BA ticket from Y to F for 12,500 miles?

Also, would the fuel surcharge change? (paid $310 for fuel/taxes/fees for each Y ticket).

Finally, on the BA A380, is it worth 12,500 miles to go from Y to first? (14 hour flight).
Yes, they can, and you should not incur any redeposit or change fees.

The Air Passenger Duty is the same for J and F, but the YQ surcharges will probably be somewhat more.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"The Air Passenger Duty is the same for J and F"

True, and in this case, the APD will be 0 GBP, since the trip is originating outside the U.K.

Other taxes/fees might or might not be higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.