Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HELP DESK: AA - US CRS & PSS Merger 17 Oct 2015 - Issues, Q & A, Etc.

HELP DESK: AA - US CRS & PSS Merger 17 Oct 2015 - Issues, Q & A, Etc.

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 27, 15, 12:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
HELP DESK: AA - US Merger Completion 17 Oct 2015: Program Issues, Problems, Questions, etc.
"One system. One code." As of October 17, 2015.

ASK YOUR PROGRAM MERGER-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE

N.B. LAA = Legacy American Airlines, LUS = Legacy US Airways, being used as differentiators to help members see where threads might have originated, which A319, A321 or 757 is being discussed in a particular thread, which fleet a particular aircraft came from, etc.

AA and US Computer Reservations and Passenger Services Systems Merge 18 Jul - 16 Oct 2015; US Shares data moved to AA Sabre (with the QIK overlay used by US) during 90 day "draindown" process.

29 October 2015

A message from CEO Doug Parker

Dear FName,

I'm happy to share we are now one airline. All our flights are operating as American Airlines, and the US Airways brand belongs to history.

I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued loyalty as we've worked to become one. Integrating two airlines is no easy task, but today, we're operating a single website and reservations system.

As a valued customer, this means our policies and elite benefits are fully aligned, creating a seamless travel experience for you. You'll notice airport kiosks and signs are all branded American, and all our regional carriers now fly under the American Eagle name.

We've worked hard to build you a better airline, but the work does not end here. We're committed to improving and pushing further down the path to restore American as the greatest airline in the world.

Thank you for flying with us.

Doug Parker
Chairman & CEO
American Airlines

LEARN MORE
Note: The "pre-consolidated AA and US fora have now been closed to further posting; all current and relevant threads have been merged into this forum. If you feel there is a thread your Moderator team has missed, please read the ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of this forum to see how that can be remedied.
Executive summary:
  • All flights changed to AA, reservations and bookings controls to Sabre and aa.com for flights effective 17 October.

• All US Shares data moved to AA Sabre by 17 Oct; the QIK interface used with Shares has been added to Sabre.

• US Airways site us airways.com now closed, redirects to aa.com

• On Saturday, 17 October, AA had 20% higher than normal staffing to assist.

• On Saturday, 17 October, AA reduced load by 200 flights for that day.

• All policies going forward will be Legacy American Airlines, unless otherwise modified. US Airways policies will no longer apply.

• Full rebranding (other than aircraft reprinting, which will proceed well into 2016 at least) occurred by October 17 - all flight coding, kiosk and ticket counter, lounge (previously completed), etc.

• The US Airways brand ceased to exist 17 October 2015.
[/COLOR]

OCTOBER 17 2015 CHANGES: The AA front page now links to nhttps://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/arriving.jsp, which lists changes on October 17 at BOS, DCA, SFO.

BOS: Special notice Link

Beginning October 17, we’ll only operate out of Terminal B. There will be 3 check-in locations, marked outside by gate number.
DCA: Special notice Link

Beginning October 17, we’ll operate out of Terminals B and C. American Shuttle flights and ticket counters will move to Terminal B, as well as ticket counters for Priority. Ticket counters for Main Cabin will be in Terminal C.
SFO: Special notice Link

We operate out of Terminals 1 and 2. Ticket counters are only available in Terminal 2..
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 17, 15, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Arrow HELP DESK: AA - US CRS & PSS Merger 17 Oct 2015 - Issues, Q & A, Etc.

At MIA this morning doesn't appear to be any issues but I'm in the D15 AC which is away from the former US gates in E. USairways.com is still up but if you try to do a booking it reverts to aa.com.
Old Oct 17, 15, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
And it seems like usairways.com is now redirecting to aa.com. That change was implemented within the last hour or so.
Old Oct 17, 15, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01 View Post
And it seems like usairways.com is now redirecting to aa.com. That change was implemented within the last hour or so.

That is what I have noticed as well. I did check out the US Airways app and it is still going.
Old Oct 17, 15, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
At DCA, US Airways signage is pretty much gone, including on all airport-controlled signs and directional information. A couple of the large posters showing concessions throughout the airport still have references to US.

Of course, the largest indicator of the US "brand" remains in full force: The planes themselves. I suspect the US brand will be around for a long, long time.
Old Oct 17, 15, 11:29 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
I'm assuming that since I've not seen any articles about meltdowns/mass cancellations that the integration went well today?????
Old Oct 17, 15, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
Originally Posted by rove312 View Post
From what I can tell the last US flight to be completed was 796 PHL-TLV, which arrived early at 14.30 Israel time or 7.30 a.m. EDT, but not a route that AA wants to give a lot of attention.
That's hilarious.
Old Oct 17, 15, 1:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by morrisunc View Post
I'm assuming that since I've not seen any articles about meltdowns/mass cancellations that the integration went well today?????
Shhhh! It ain't over until it's over.
Old Oct 17, 15, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by kevindavis338 View Post
That is what I have noticed as well. I did check out the US Airways app and it is still going.
Supposedly the app will be disabled tomorrow (the 18th).

UPDATE: as another poster mentions below about Android, iPhone now also has two popups about not being connected to the Internet and about the app being discontinued. Then it takes you to the App Store to view the 1 1/2 star AA app.

Last edited by Carl; Oct 17, 15 at 1:42 pm Reason: Update
Old Oct 17, 15, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
My US app (Android) loads, but then has two pop ups, the first indicates the support for app is dead, and links you to the Play store to download the AA version. Then it indicates that it is not connected to the Internet, so its functions are also crippled.
Old Oct 17, 15, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Of course, the largest indicator of the US "brand" remains in full force: The planes themselves. I suspect the US brand will be around for a long, long time.
I do understand that repainting the planes can take quite some time without major disruptions to flight schedules. However, it does surprise me that they've had nearly two years to plan the new uniforms, and yet apparently US workers will still be wearing the current ones until sometime next year. That's fine by me, of course, as I'd much rather be served by someone with a blue apron that says "Bonnie" rather than "Mrs. Thompson" (the archaic AA way that is reminiscent mostly of former Bell telephone companies).
Old Oct 17, 15, 1:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I do understand that repainting the planes can take quite some time without major disruptions to flight schedules. However, it does surprise me that they've had nearly two years to plan the new uniforms, and yet apparently US workers will still be wearing the current ones until sometime next year. That's fine by me, of course, as I'd much rather be served by someone with a blue apron that says "Bonnie" rather than "Mrs. Thompson" (the archaic AA way that is reminiscent mostly of former Bell telephone companies).
The aircraft can't object to new color schemes.
Old Oct 17, 15, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Supposedly the app will be disabled tomorrow (the 18th).

UPDATE: as another poster mentions below about Android, iPhone now also has two popups about not being connected to the Internet and about the app being discontinued. Then it takes you to the App Store to view the 1 1/2 star AA app.
I did check it out and I saw the message. I removed it from my phone.. Also I noticed it is no longer listed on Google Play (since I have an Android).
Old Oct 17, 15, 11:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
SFO Changes

The AA website doesn't show it, but the 40s gates in Terminal 1 at SFO are now connected by an airside corridor from Terminal 2. If your flight is in Terminal 1, you can check your bags and deal with ticketing and security in Terminal 2, visit the Admirals Club if you want, and then walk over to Terminal 1 via the airside corridor for your flight.

I don't think you can even check your bags in Terminal 1 anymore.

Last edited by pdquick; Oct 17, 15 at 11:35 pm
Old Oct 18, 15, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by pdquick View Post
The AA website doesn't show it, but the 40s gates in Terminal 1 at SFO are now connected by an airside corridor from Terminal 2. If your flight is in Terminal 1, you can check your bags and deal with ticketing and security in Terminal 2, visit the Admirals Club if you want, and then walk over to Terminal 1 via the airside corridor for your flight.

I don't think you can even check your bags in Terminal 1 anymore.
Only the ticketing lobby in terminal 2 remains open. The corridor has been open a few months now; much easier for members using T-1 wanting to use the very nice (particularly given it's an interim lounge) Admirals Club and its stellar staff.

Special notice Link

We operate out of Terminals 1 and 2. Ticket counters are only available in Terminal 2.
Old Oct 18, 15, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At LAX, while both AA and US existed, US flights departed from Terminal 6, while AA flights departed from Terminal 4. Now that US doesn't exist, does AA still have flights from Terminal 6, and if so, how do they explain which flights those are? (Are they just those flights to LUS hubs, for example?)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: