Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Domestic Connections on J/F International Awards Only Available in Y ?

Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic

Hi all,

I am posting this in the "Combined" section as it involves a future trip.

When surfing AA.com for availablity of a J/F European MilesAAver award, it now indicates all domestic connections (eg: LGA-MIA before MIA-CDG) as available ONLY in Coach, with a red mention: "Premium cabin not available on one flight"
This appears to be systematic on all the flights and dates combinations I looked at.

Is this a glitch, a coincidence, or a new restrictive policy ? My previous experience was that the domestic part of such trips was far easier to find in F than the international component in J/F.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Are you finding F SAAver award seats available on LGA-MIA as a stand-alone redemption?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I see some coach + business itins, but I also see some first + first + business itins on DTW-CDG. So no, domestic segments in coach doesn't appear to be a policy for TATL business saver awards.

Maybe they think a LGA-CDG traveler really ought to make his way to JFK.

Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
My previous experience was that the domestic part of such trips was far easier to find in F than the international component in J/F.
My experience has not been as such. I find AA SAAver availability for feeder flights to be generally quite terrible. I've had CX F itineraries busted by the lack of DCA-JFK options (of course in that case I just bought the ticket cash).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
...Maybe they think a LGA-CDG traveler really ought to make his way to JFK.
If they make the JFK flights available, I'll take them
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Seems to be a policy change, but only on certain flights. When I looked for CDG-MIA-STL in J, the MIA-STL leg books in F via CLT, but Y via DFW or ORD (or nonstop in the 319 *shudder*) unless it was the late, late hub flight.Does anyone know if this at least gets you MCE on the domestic leg?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Am glad to see this posting.

My experience lately has been the exact opposite to/from GIG (Rio) and GRU (Sao Paulo) - Milesaver domestic award space available to/from SFO/LAX in premium cabin, but international now being booked T-class (economy) to/from the MIA/JFK gateway. (Fare is 50K miles nonetheless). Seems to me to be a policy decision. Is that effectively having a devaluation of the Milesaver award by making one leg of these multi-leg itineraries basically stand-by for the premium cabin?

Anyone else having this experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.