Too late to recapture targeted offer?

Old Oct 15, 15, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Too late to recapture targeted offer?

Twice this year I got mailers for the "buy up to Gold" promo. I ignored them because I haven't been traveling.

Now I'm changing jobs and will be flying to SoCal roughly every other week. Sucks to be me!

Is there any way for me to recapture that targeted promo and get in on it, or do I just need to plan on accumulating status the old-fashioned way?
Old Oct 15, 15, 7:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Not to copy someone else, but, what did AA said when you called them?
Old Oct 15, 15, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Originally Posted by arollins View Post
Not to copy someone else, but, what did AA said when you called them?
First they said "oh, I'll transfer you, please hold" and then I got a dial tone.

When I called back, the nice lady said that the status challenge program had ended, and that "Boost & Renew" should be making a reappearance in mid-November.

So, short answer: no, there's no way for me to recapture the original targeted offer; I just have to wait until the Boost & Renew window reopens. Until then, back of the bus.
Old Oct 15, 15, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by paulr View Post
Until then, back of the bus.
Buying gold status isn't likely to move you too far towards the front unfortunately.
Old Oct 15, 15, 10:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by paulr View Post
First they said "oh, I'll transfer you, please hold" and then I got a dial tone.

When I called back, the nice lady said that the status challenge program had ended, and that "Boost & Renew" should be making a reappearance in mid-November.

So, short answer: no, there's no way for me to recapture the original targeted offer; I just have to wait until the Boost & Renew window reopens. Until then, back of the bus.
Well, the status challenge program the agent was talking about is the one open to anyone, and it indeed closed.

Your offers were targeted offers, and to the best of my knowledge those are still open.

In your case, perhaps you can post more about the nature and conditions of your offers, and whether the offer was limited to specific dates. No specifics, we can't help much - you already had your time wasted by having the agent tell you the "come one, come all" challenge was over.

Search this Thread