FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   2016 Program Year Elite Status Buyback / Renew / Boost (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1716781-2016-program-year-elite-status-buyback-renew-boost-consolidated.html)

ty97 Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by nall (Post 25730936)
Any interesting details to note?

I did not read the page in full but it was only the FAQ page, so no pricing. Two things that stuck out to me (if this was the final version) was
1. You appeared to need to have elite status in 2015 (earned in 2014 I presume?) to be eligible
2. No boost to EXP. Gold and PLT only.

Of course, the details could change before it comes public (assuming it ever becomes public) and who knows what the prices will be.

ty97 Nov 17, 2015 5:57 pm

https://elite2016.aa.com/faq.cfm has the updated page that we saw on the 2015 site earlier today.

and https://elite2016.aa.com/login.cfm has a login box to see what your options are. No idea if the login is active or not.

A C&P of the FAQ page

American Airlines Elite Status Offer Program
Frequently Asked Questions

How long do I have to purchase the offer?
Offers must be purchased by July 31, 2016, unless otherwise stated.

How do I check my 2015 AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, points and segment balance?
Log in to aa.com, select "My Account" and review your elite qualifying mileage balances.

What are the eligibility criteria for participation in the elite status renewal offer?
To be eligible for elite status renewal, you need to hold Executive Platinum, Platinum or Gold status in the AAdvantage program valid through February 29, 2016. No additional flight activity requirements apply.

Customers who are receiving temporary elite status as part of a special challenge offer are not eligible for elite status renewal unless they successfully complete the special challenge.

Can I be eligible for both an AAdvantage elite status boost and elite status renewal offer at the same time?
Yes. Depending on your AAdvantage elite status level ending February 29, 2016, and your 2015 AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, points or segment balance, you may be eligible for two different offers.

If I hold AAdvantage Executive Platinum status through February 29, 2016, can I still renew my Executive Platinum status even if I don't end 2015 within 15,000 elite-qualifying miles or points, or 15 segments of re-qualifying?
No. You will need to meet the required thresholds in order to be eligible to use this offer to retain your AAdvantage Executive Platinum status.

If I hold AAdvantage Executive Platinum status through February 29, 2016, but don't have enough activity to retain it, can I boost to a different level?
Yes. As an Executive Platinum member, even if you have not qualified for any elite status level for 2016, you can boost your elite status to Gold or Platinum, or if you have qualified for AAdvantage Gold status for 2016, you can boost your elite status level to Platinum.

If I do not hold AAdvantage elite status for 2015, can I boost myself to AAdvantage Platinum status?
No. As a non-elite status member, you may only boost yourself to AAdvantage Gold status, provided you meet the required 2015 AAdvantage elite-qualifying balance threshold. You will not be eligible to use this offer to obtain AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum status.

I received an offer for Executive Platinum status. How many systemwide upgrades will I receive if I purchase the offer?
When purchasing an Executive Platinum offer, you will receive eight systemwide upgrades.

If I accept this offer, will the elite status expire on 1/31/2017 or 2/28/2017?
The elite status will be valid through 2/28/2017.

Do I need to be subscribed to American's email products in order to participate in this offer?
No. Although you will need to provide an email address to receive your receipt should you decide to participate in this offer.

If my 2015 AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, points or segment balance changes after December 31, 2015, due to a delayed or missing flight posting, will that be taken into account when determining the offers that I am eligible to purchase?
Yes. Your offer eligibility will be determined based on your 2015 elite-qualifying miles, points or segment balance at the time you make your purchase. It could take up to 3 days for your offer and pricing to reflect new or recently posted activity. Please be sure all flight activity is posted to your account prior to selecting an offer. Any changes to your 2015 elite-qualifying balance after you have purchased an elite status offer will not result in a refund.

Once I've completed my purchase transaction, can I change my mind and request a refund?
No. Once your purchase is complete, the offer is non-refundable.

If I purchase the Gold status boost and later decide I would like to switch to the Platinum status boost, is that possible?
If you are eligible to purchase either a Gold or Platinum status boost, you may switch to the higher elite status level. Please contact AAdvantage Customer Service to make this change.

Once the purchase transaction is complete, you will not be able to switch from a higher to a lower elite status offer, e.g. from a Platinum status boost to the lower Gold status boost.

How long will it take for my elite status to be updated in my account after I purchase an offer?
If you are purchasing an elite status level higher than your elite status level valid through February 29, 2016, your new status will be effective within 5 business days of the purchase being completed. If you are purchasing an elite status level that is the same or lower than your elite status level valid through February 29, 2016, the effective date of your new status will be March 1, 2016, or if the purchase is completed after that date, within 5 business days of the purchase being completed.

When will I receive my new AAdvantage elite status card?
You will receive your new credentials within 4 to 6 weeks of the effective date of your new status.

Who can I call if I have questions about this offer or my completed transaction?
Please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

How can I tell if my transaction was processed?
You will immediately receive a confirmation number on your transaction screen, and a separate email will be sent to you with that confirmation number notifying you that your credit card was charged.

What will be reflected on my credit card statement when I receive my monthly bill?
Your statement will indicate a purchase from American Airlines. The description will read "AAdvantage elite boost."

Which credit cards may I use to accept this offer?
You may use any valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card. If you use your CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ credit card, you will earn miles for the purchase.

If I accept this offer using my CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ or AAdvantageŽ Aviator™ MasterCardŽ credit card, will I also earn miles for the money I spend on the transaction?
Yes. You will earn AAdvantage miles based on the amount paid. However, this transaction will not qualify for earning double miles.

Can someone else pay for this offer on my behalf?
Yes. The credit card used to accept this offer may be in anyone's name; it does not have to be in your name.

Are my online purchases secure?
Protecting your order is a priority. The AAdvantage program makes every effort to protect your online order information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL encrypts your order information to avoid the decoding of that information by anyone other than the AAdvantage program and eBay. To check the security of your connection, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active.

Is the personal order information I provide confidential?
The AAdvantage program recognizes that it must maintain and use this customer information responsibly. We use customer information for AAdvantage program marketing and promotional purposes only. We do not sell member information to any outside company or third party.

erik123 Nov 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Log-in is now active.

Berg42 Nov 17, 2015 7:48 pm

It's posted

Visit http://elite2016.aa.com/
Pretty sneaky this year. You have to login and then they give you your price. Presumably based on number of segments. I've traveled a lot less this year and won't have status... My offer was $649 for gold. My wife was offered $499 but has another 8 segments left in the year. Not sure if it drops by segment or if it is grouped like previous years' offers (I think that is correct grammar).

blueheronNC Nov 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm currently Platinum but am only at 20k miles this year. The login is offering me $499 for Gold and $1199 for Platinum to extend through Feb 2017.

MADPhil Nov 17, 2015 8:53 pm

My wife is at about 39k EQP so far and was offered PLT for $1,199. I have credited 0 this year and was offered nothing! I think this is about the same as last year's offers.

TAPAL10 Nov 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Just logged in, I am 8436 miles short of EXP, they want to sell it for $1799. WTH?

Flying it first week of December anyhow. Crazy.

swag Nov 18, 2015 5:20 am

I'm at 41K EQM, my offer is $899 for PLT.

(I already have tickets booked to get me there BIS.)

rolivi Nov 18, 2015 5:24 am

The boost site it active

Prices look about the same as last year

JY1024 Nov 18, 2015 8:12 am

Originally Posted by TAPAL10 (Post 25732050)
Just logged in, I am 8436 miles short of EXP, they want to sell it for $1799. WTH?

Flying it first week of December anyhow. Crazy.

Glad you're able to get your requal squared away. ^ I'll have mine done shortly as well. :)

Though I don't think that price is really that crazy. I have many coworkers/friends who's travel schedules are pretty hectic and uncertain. If they don't have any more work trips coming up or can't take time off away from home/family during the end of the year for a mileage run, they'd be more than happy to cough up $1800 of their own cash to not have to fly up to 15,000 EQM/EQP or up to 15 segments.

steve65341 Nov 18, 2015 8:22 am

Platinum with <10,000 EQM this year due to moving over to UA. Offer is $649 for gold or $1199 for platinum. Not interested in the least.

bacampbe Nov 18, 2015 8:35 am

My wife is gold with under 10k EQM, and got the same offer for keeping gold. She did not get a boost-to-platinum offer (she did last year, but didn't take it.) Is anyone seeing boost-to-next-level offers?

I am platinum with 37K EQM so far, and got the $1199 offer to keep it.

869 Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

Roughly 3k short of EXP right now with more than enough booked to clear the hurdle. $1199 to EXP offered. Ha! My next work trip is a $75 RT to LGA. Can I get 5,556 miles, Mr Doug?

cmd320 Nov 18, 2015 8:58 am

About the only way I'd be interested in a status boost on AA is if they were offering them on a complimentary basis. Otherwise they can go pound sand if they think I'll pay them $1200 for garbage PLT status.

lz80521 Nov 18, 2015 9:04 am

3 segments to re-qualify for Gold. Offered $399 to renew.