FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LUS: Dinner with US FA "GalleyWench" Tue 27 Oct 6 PM Lowell, NC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1716530-lus-dinner-us-fa-galleywench-tue-27-oct-6-pm-lowell-nc.html)

coachrowsey Oct 13, 2015 6:34 pm

LUS: Dinner with US FA "GalleyWench" Tue 27 Oct 6 PM Lowell, NC

I trust the mods will let this remain here & thanks in advance guys.

Sorry for the short notice as this is a one night kind of thing when she will have one night available. GalleyWench was one of the most popular posters here & I know folks would love to meet her.
Hillybilly's BBQ 720 McAdenville Rd. Lowell,NC. This is easy to find exit 23 off I 85 South. Who's in ?
GalleyWench
coachrowsey +1
AvidFlye r1990
GJ83

phlwookie Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Would love to make it. My calendar is pretty much completely up in the air that week yet so can't commit yet, but the proximity to the CLT airport certainly makes it more possible. Will update once I know, thanks for the heads up.

CPRich Oct 13, 2015 8:02 pm

One of the few FT get togethers that I would love to attend, but I think I'm on the West Coast that week. I'll keep an eye out for changes and possible CLT routings.

JDiver Oct 14, 2015 10:17 am

Argh! I was hoping to be able to attend this, but of course the person whose schedule most important is GalleyWench's. My doc has my full attention for three days that week, and the 27th is smack dab in the middle. I'd prefer some 'cue and company, but...

Though I'm not one of the regular denizens of the US pre-merger forum other than as moderator and occasional contributor, I had wanted to attend so I could personally thank GalleyWench for her longtime contributions to this forum and wish her success in her personal and professional endeavors going forward with the new, blended airline.

gj83 Oct 14, 2015 10:22 am

I am in!

coachrowsey Oct 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by gj83 (Post 25563909)
I am in!

Awesome...will see you then.

AvidFlyer1990 Oct 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Moved to CLT sometime ago, and I'd love the chance to get to know some FT'ers in the area. If non-US/AA flyers are welcome (actually I did fly with them twice, in F :p ), please put me down as a strong maybe! :)

JY1024 Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 25586864)
Moved to CLT sometime ago, and I'd love the chance to get to know some FT'ers in the area. If non-US/AA flyers are welcome (actually I did fly with them twice, in F :p ), please put me down as a strong maybe! :)

Gatherings Of Members ("Dos")

A gathering of FlyerTalk members, often referred to as a "Do," is to be posted in the CommunityBuzz Forum, but the main thread may be in a different forum and then cross referenced to CommunityBuzz. Members may not be excluded from events announced on FlyerTalk based on factors such as gender, age, number of posts or location.
All FTers are welcome. :)

coachrowsey Oct 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 25586864)

Hope you can make it.

AvidFlyer1990 Oct 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 25587250)
All FTers are welcome. :)

Originally Posted by coachrowsey (Post 25588043)
Hope you can make it.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for the warm welcome, guys! Much appreciated! I'm in! Will probably leave work a little early. :)

FriendlySkies Oct 20, 2015 12:45 am

Sorry to have not seen this sooner. Hope to attend the next time one of these DOs occurs.

coachrowsey Oct 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 25589164)
Sorry to have not seen this sooner. Hope to attend the next time one of these DOs occurs.

I sure wish you could've made it.

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 25561065)
One of the few FT get togethers that I would love to attend, but I think I'm on the West Coast that week. I'll keep an eye out for changes and possible CLT routings.

Wish you could make it.

phlwookie Oct 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Was hoping for a late change, but my work schedule doesn't take me through NC tomorrow. Please send my regards.

coachrowsey Oct 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie (Post 25619921)
Was hoping for a late change, but my work schedule doesn't take me through NC tomorrow. Please send my regards.

Will do. Sorry you make it. Hopefully next time.

gj83 Oct 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Something has come up so I will not be able to make it until around 7 pm.