Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
They usually do. I posted a copy of the rules in the thread that discusses this.

It seems like Mint is $999 during the week (no seats yet taken in the seat map fwiw).
JetBlue finally realized they were pricing Mint too low on this route and have raised the prices on this route. They are kind of fluctuating between 699 to 999 (haven't settled on a pricing model yet). So I think if you put a price alert for < $700, you will get notified at some point.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by tphuang
JetBlue finally realized they were pricing Mint too low on this route and have raised the prices on this route. They are kind of fluctuating between 699 to 999 (haven't settled on a pricing model yet). So I think if you put a price alert for < $700, you will get notified at some point.
Nice tip, thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:39 pm
RJ1

Does AA typically sub out the 77W on this route? I'm looking at some travel in September, and previously the 77W was scheduled both ways, but now the flight in that time slot is showing as the A321.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dciolli
It looks like the 77W has now been pulled off this route for mid-November as well. I just got EF alerts that my flights on 11/10 and 11/11 for my mileage run to SJU were downgraded to a 32B. Would AA allow me to cancel the flight without penalty due to the equipment change? I know the International General Rules allow this, but the change happened on a domestic route and SJU isn't truly international.
My AA 275 in late november was downgauged as well however the agent i spoke with (after AA called me with schedule change) claimed it was never a 777. I refused to accept changes and asked to call back later.

What's the best way to confirm it was indeed a 777 and how can they possibly not see it on their end? Is it just a case HUCA?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Did you get the same seat? HUCA is the best, they should be able to see the aircraft swap.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:40 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by fedechat
Did you get the same seat? HUCA is the best, they should be able to see the aircraft swap.
My flight has also been downgauged, and there is no seat availability in first. I have my original seat assignments, but those are now in the back. What do I do now? I have not called AA yet.

edit: ending up calling AA. Initial agent unwilling to rebook me on another flight, even though the downgauged aircraft has no first seats available, and inventory is showing zero available for sale. I also cited the reduced connection time in MIA (down to the MCT of 40 min), but the initial agent was still unwilling to help. I persisted, and a supervisor rebooked me without hesitation.
JonNYC and akarneboge like this.

Last edited by RJ1; Aug 14, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Now the 77W is off LAX-MIA from sometime in November until 12/15
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:02 am

Now the 77W is off LAX-MIA from sometime in November until 12/15
It's off indefinitely, AA just hasn't loaded the latest schedule update past 12/14. With the 789 taking over LAX-SYD, they don't need to rotate a 77W in on a domestic segment anymore; they can source the 77Ws for LAX-HKG and LAX-LHR by flying a W pattern.
JonNYC and akarneboge like this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by strangiatotheme
It's off indefinitely, AA just hasn't loaded the latest schedule update past 12/14. With the 789 taking over LAX-SYD, they don't need to rotate a 77W in on a domestic segment anymore; they can source the 77Ws for LAX-HKG and LAX-LHR by flying a W pattern.
Oh no, I fly LAX-MIA monthly, and there's been a widebody on it for over 10 years.

Well, this change will save me from chasing Ex Plat next year. Virgin, here I come!

Last edited by beachfan; Aug 15, 2017 at 10:06 am
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Oh no, I fly LAX-MIA monthly, and there's been a widebody on it for over 10 years.

Well, this change will save me from chasing Ex Plat next year. Virgin, here I come!
You might check out JetBlue as Virgin will be destroyed by Alaska relatively soon. The JetBlue Mint product on FLL-LAX/SFO is better anyway though.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:52 pm

Yes but I can't upgrade to mint and can't pay the $2k they want for my dates (with all seats in mint still open (which I know is not the same as unsold)
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320
The JetBlue Mint product on FLL-LAX/SFO is better anyway though.
Indeed
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Yes but I can't upgrade to mint and can't pay the $2k they want for my dates (with all seats in mint still open (which I know is not the same as unsold)
What cabin are you buying on Virgin, and how is it better than Jetblue?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:46 pm

I have never flown either. Nor did I say I did.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I have never flown either. Nor did I say I did.
Gotcha. I'm just curious as to why you chose Virgin over Jetblue in your earlier post. I'm open to switching to Virgin if they have a better offering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.