Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Anyone done the red eye lately? Just curious how the menu is looking? Is F getting 2 app choices to at least distinguish somewhat from J? I'm guessing no soup since its the red eye.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The scheduling keeps changing. Now two 787s in the route in December -both redeyes!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
The scheduling keeps changing. Now two 787s in the route in December -both redeyes!
And they keep changing which flight has the widebody. Very frustrating.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:28 pm

And both are 788's, thats not good. Absolute no interest to rock on a red eye or be forced to take the last row right by the galley to avoid that. And I cant stand those seats rocking aside.

Maybe things will change by then. I just had a very pleasant 77W red eye in F but I still say the A321T F FA is always great whereas its hit and miss on this 77W MIA route. However, I do love that seat and I always sleep good with out having to deal with a foot well.

Crazy to me why anyone would take the normal A321 to Miami. I was talking to someone in F on the 1245am and they were going to get no food, 2-2 set up in a recliner seat but for same price you get a flat bed, amenities and a 4 course meal.
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I assume that AA 340 is the only LAX-MIA 77W currently? The ~11 pm departure?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I noted that the other day; disappointing.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:26 pm

Yup.. Just flew it last week again and for me I really enjoy the red eye and with that seat in FF to have the large ottoman is really nice. Just wish it was an hour longer of flight time to get a little more snooze..

I think thats the only 77W flying domestically right now. One thing about Covid I did like was 4 77W's a day JFK/MIA, a few between DFW & MIA and about 7 or 8 a day LA/MIA.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Yup.. Just flew it last week again and for me I really enjoy the red eye and with that seat in FF to have the large ottoman is really nice. Just wish it was an hour longer of flight time to get a little more snooze..

I think thats the only 77W flying domestically right now. One thing about Covid I did like was 4 77W's a day JFK/MIA, a few between DFW & MIA and about 7 or 8 a day LA/MIA.
Yah, well, with summer schedules, they're wanted on international so I don't blame them. We're booked on 340 in early august - certainly better than being miserable flying on a short hop via ORD or DFW. LAX-ORD redeyes are murder - regardless of class of service.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:26 pm

Yah, well, with summer schedules, they're wanted on international so I don't blame them. We're booked on 340 in early august - certainly better than being miserable flying on a short hop via ORD or DFW. LAX-ORD redeyes are murder - regardless of class of service.
No doubt on ORD red eye. Did it once, never again. 340 is a great flight. Flew it 6 or 7 x over Covid. Sure beats the 1245am with no food & recliner Oasis seats.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I did the 77W on Monday in F from MIA to LAX. Flight operated on-time. Blankets and pillows provided. No PDB's but a bottle of water was handed out whilst still on the ground. Average service from the FA. She seemed kind of scatter-brained. Asking the same questions multiple times. She was unfamiliar with the menu. I said I wanted the soup course. She said there was no soup. I reminded her it was on the menu. She then checked and confirmed there was soup...so I got soup. Two apps offered of which you could choose one. I had pre-ordered the chicken cacciatore. Other than the tortilla soup, the lunch was lousy. I didn't care for the starter and the chicken was completely dried out and tasteless. Pretty disappointing overall. Nothing about the food or service seemed remotely premium. Shame really. The seat was nice though. Oh, I almost forgot, the tray table was not working correctly. The half of the tray closest to me was bent down on an angle almost rendering it unusable. I was concerned the food would spill right into my lap. In the end, it worked out but I had to be careful. I did point it out to the FA but I don't know if she wrote it up.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
my bad. There are 3 787s, one daytime
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 1F
I did the 77W on Monday in F from MIA to LAX. Flight operated on-time. Blankets and pillows provided. No PDB's but a bottle of water was handed out whilst still on the ground. Average service from the FA. She seemed kind of scatter-brained. Asking the same questions multiple times. She was unfamiliar with the menu. I said I wanted the soup course. She said there was no soup. I reminded her it was on the menu. She then checked and confirmed there was soup...so I got soup. Two apps offered of which you could choose one. I had pre-ordered the chicken cacciatore. Other than the tortilla soup, the lunch was lousy. I didn't care for the starter and the chicken was completely dried out and tasteless. Pretty disappointing overall. Nothing about the food or service seemed remotely premium. Shame really. The seat was nice though. Oh, I almost forgot, the tray table was not working correctly. The half of the tray closest to me was bent down on an angle almost rendering it unusable. I was concerned the food would spill right into my lap. In the end, it worked out but I had to be careful. I did point it out to the FA but I don't know if she wrote it up.
2J by any chance? Had same broken tray 4 months ago. I ate facing window at the "desk"
Seat 1F likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:38 pm

my bad. There are 3 787s, one daytime
3 too many 788's for me Might give Jet Blue another go for next MIA trip. Just flew them home and it was the best of my 4 Mint experiences. I just cant stand the seat. It lowers you down Your feet are on the floor. So weird not having an ottoman or at least a foot well, at roughly the same level of the seat.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
2J by any chance? Had same broken tray 4 months ago. I ate facing window at the "desk"
Haha. No it was 1A I'm afraid. There must be several of these faulty trays throughout the 77W system F cabin.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Because great is what we’re going for
Seat 1F and ValleyEarl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.