Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I see the 22.5K and 37.5K respectively for J & F to MIA but I am not seeing it with JFK added on. ...
As HofstraJet and I just discussed (above), award (and $$) prices are dynamic both in magnitude and in timing. As I wrote, I booked LAX-MIA-JFK in J for 22,500 a few days ago, within 12 hours the fewest miles I saw for any of those flights that same day was at least twice as many miles.

I’ve saved a lot of AA miles over the years, never did buy that “earn ‘em and burn ‘em theory”, even more pleased with that decision now, don’t even think about $$ prices other than to compare my pennies per mile redemption value. I am loving the current redeposit fee waiver, makes these decisions much easier, thank you AA.

I’m able to side sleep on the A321T, the bathroom ratio doesn’t bother me and I’m a window seat person so the shoulder-bags-banging-into-my-shoulder-during-boarding is not a concern. And I’ve never found an international F seat and/or meal to be worth much more than J. All that might change after my experience on these flights, especially with a few more years under my belt, a little less flexibility and a few more aches and pains … everywhere !

BREAK

Anyone: previous posts above indicate no pillows/blankets in F/J on 772 and 77W flights between LAX and MIA and also between JFK and MIA, is that still true?

Thank you.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Anyone: previous posts above indicate no pillows/blankets in F/J on 772 and 77W flights between LAX and MIA and also between JFK and MIA, is that still true?
The MIA-LAX 777s have been hit-or-miss for me all year with pillows/blankets in F/J. I haven't flown that route since June, but prior to that I was doing it several times per month earlier in 2021. For me, it was about 50/50 whether they were provisioned. More of the recent reports I've read here seem to indicate they are now more consistently provided. I wouldn't expect anything on JFK-MIA, similar to all the other non-Flagship domestic routes the 777 is currently deployed on. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
As HofstraJet and I just discussed (above), award (and $$) prices are dynamic both in magnitude and in timing. As I wrote, I booked LAX-MIA-JFK in J for 22,500 a few days ago, within 12 hours the fewest miles I saw for any of those flights that same day was at least twice as many miles.

I’ve saved a lot of AA miles over the years, never did buy that “earn ‘em and burn ‘em theory”, even more pleased with that decision now, don’t even think about $$ prices other than to compare my pennies per mile redemption value. I am loving the current redeposit fee waiver, makes these decisions much easier, thank you AA.

I’m able to side sleep on the A321T, the bathroom ratio doesn’t bother me and I’m a window seat person so the shoulder-bags-banging-into-my-shoulder-during-boarding is not a concern. And I’ve never found an international F seat and/or meal to be worth much more than J. All that might change after my experience on these flights, especially with a few more years under my belt, a little less flexibility and a few more aches and pains … everywhere !

BREAK

Thank you.
Pillows/blankets for LAX/MIA is hit and miss but more that you will get them. F can be the thinner blanket and smaller pillow not the better set it is supposed to get. I flew the route quite a few times since the new year and got them every time except once.

Mia/Jfk there is no amenity service as far as amenity kit, blanket, pillow etc. Just a normal route but with the bonus of the lie flat seats.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:24 pm

Anyone been on one of these flights where J is listed as Refreshments but F has breakfast, lunch, dinner listed? Just want to make sure its a glitch.

Also, any one been on a red eye recently where it now says Snack instead of Dinner. What exactly is the snack?

Thx
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I flew LAX-MIA and MIA-LAX in the past few days in J. Both flights were during the day. LAX-MIA no pillow/blanket, MIA-LAX Casper-branded pillows/blankets for everyone. The snack on my daytime flight today was a chocolate chip cookie (not warmed) in individual plastic packaging. No option of snickerdoodle.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
I flew LAX-MIA and MIA-LAX in the past few days in J. Both flights were during the day. LAX-MIA no pillow/blanket, MIA-LAX Casper-branded pillows/blankets for everyone. The snack on my daytime flight today was a chocolate chip cookie (not warmed) in individual plastic packaging. No option of snickerdoodle.
Thanks for the info. So bad they had no pillow or blanket on a premium Transcon..

You had full meal service though right? I think its been a glitch but some of the J earlier in the day to mid day flights were saying Refreshments instead of breakfast/lunch.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Yes, I had full meal service both ways. On board, I liked the black cod entree, though it did smell funny. Stuffed chicken entree is a hard avoid, very dry. The food was serviceable but if you have the time, I'd recommend eating at the FL.

I also wolfed down some food at the Flagship Lounge prior to both legs (I got to the lounge with like 5-10 mins to spare in both cases). The food in the MIA FL today was exceptional.

Crew on today's MIA-LAX was superb. Combined with the great hard/soft product in MIA's FL, I thought today AA delivered a total product on par with or better than pre-pandemic CX J.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
Yes, I had full meal service both ways. On board, I liked the black cod entree, though it did smell funny. Stuffed chicken entree is a hard avoid, very dry. The food was serviceable but if you have the time, I'd recommend eating at the FL.

I also wolfed down some food at the Flagship Lounge prior to both legs (I got to the lounge with like 5-10 mins to spare in both cases). The food in the MIA FL today was exceptional.

Crew on today's MIA-LAX was superb. Combined with the great hard/soft product in MIA's FL, I thought today AA delivered a total product on par with or better than pre-pandemic CX J.
Thats great to hear. I get some really nice AA crews sometimes, seems to be on the shorter haul domestics but sometimes on the 77W to MIA. Def. makes a difference.

I'll be hitting FL and FFD upon arrival and before coming home. Cant wait. Glad to hear FL was looking good. The menu for FFD sounds really interesting, cant wait to try it.

When you said FL on both ends I thought maybe I missed something on LAX opening up but obviously you meant both MIA ends.

Agree the Cod is good and chicken is dry... For all the effort to get FL and FFD up and running I dont get the poor food on the plane. If its still the cold chicken app that is absolutely disgusting. The goat cheese tomato thing is fine but thats just cause I love chevre. It really isnt anything special. No sundaes, no cheese course, no bread basket uggghh..
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thanks for the info. So bad they had no pillow or blanket on a premium Transcon..

You had full meal service though right? I think its been a glitch but some of the J earlier in the day to mid day flights were saying Refreshments instead of breakfast/lunch.
MIA LAX is always supposed to have Casper duvets and pillows but many times they aren't loaded since AA cant seem to get its catering partners to fulfill basic items
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
MIA LAX is always supposed to have Casper duvets and pillows but many times they aren't loaded since AA cant seem to get its catering partners to fulfill basic items
No doubt. Total Bs whats going on with this. Seems like lately its more out of LA the problem exists but is good on the MIA-LAX leg. Although who knows.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:36 pm

I've skipped through a healthy number of posts in these 38 pages, and am still confused...

This week I'll be on AA229, DFW-KOA, a 772 marketed as Flagship in J. Will there be actual Flagship benefits with this flight? Amenity kits, blanket & pillow, access to Flagship Lounge at DFW (but not dining?) Does anyone know what's been typical recently on the flight itself dining wise - says "lunch, snack or brunch" - which covers all bases to mean pretty much anything these days.

Not sure if I'll be connecting from DCA on AA1839 or AA2866, but either way there'll be a 2-3 hour layover. I'll have to get my pre-clear bracelet at D28, but wondering if they'll be anything worthwhile to try to spend any extra time in the FL rather than just at a restaurant in the terminal.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
I've skipped through a healthy number of posts in these 38 pages, and am still confused...

This week I'll be on AA229, DFW-KOA, a 772 marketed as Flagship in J. Will there be actual Flagship benefits with this flight? Amenity kits, blanket & pillow, access to Flagship Lounge at DFW (but not dining?) Does anyone know what's been typical recently on the flight itself dining wise - says "lunch, snack or brunch" - which covers all bases to mean pretty much anything these days.

Not sure if I'll be connecting from DCA on AA1839 or AA2866, but either way there'll be a 2-3 hour layover. I'll have to get my pre-clear bracelet at D28, but wondering if they'll be anything worthwhile to try to spend any extra time in the FL rather than just at a restaurant in the terminal.
Only the JFK and MIA Flagship Lounges are open at this time:

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021 - FlyerTalk Forums

Here's a recent video on the AA "Flagship" Service from DFW to Hawaii:

Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:07 pm

Oh My. That video gives me the willies. LoL.

So, if the 772 with lie-flats in J, marketed as Flagship, doesn't even get one into an AC in lieu of FL if not available..... what does one get for Flagship? or why is AA marketing these flights as "Flagship"? (am I missing something?)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
Oh My. That video gives me the willies. LoL.

So, if the 772 with lie-flats in J, marketed as Flagship, doesn't even get one into an AC in lieu of FL if not available..... what does one get for Flagship? or why is AA marketing these flights as "Flagship"? (am I missing something?)
Business Class on the nonstops from DFW/ORD/CLT to Hawaii get FL access (if open) and AC access if there's not a FL available. DFW-Hawaii service has been discussed at length in other threads, this is the MIA-LAX thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2021-a-23.html

Nonstop Flights from DFW to Hawaii (HNL,OGG,KOA)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Business Class on the nonstops from DFW/ORD/CLT to Hawaii get FL access (if open) and AC access if there's not a FL available. DFW-Hawaii service has been discussed at length in other threads, this is the MIA-LAX thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2021-a-23.html

Nonstop Flights from DFW to Hawaii (HNL,OGG,KOA)
Thanks JJeffrey; didn't recall that non-stop Hawaii thread. It wouldn't be flyertalk if I wasn't posting in the wrong place. 🙄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.