Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New TATL flight bonus up to 125k miles [NAF15]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TATL flight bonus up to 125k miles [NAF15]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:56 pm

Looking for advice:

I traveled on an AA RTW ticket, beginning on 9/6 and ending with a 9/22 leg from LHR to DFW in business class. I don't usually access AA.com to check for promos while on the road though I do look for email notifications. I received email notification of this promo NAF15 on 9/23, one day after my eligible travel. I registered right away.

Long story short, I was ultimately denied the one-way leg bonus 12,500 miles because I was not registered prior to my travel date. I appealed to the highest level I was allowed access to on the phone. They still denied the bonus but encouraged me to contact AA Customer Relations. Customer Relations responded nicely to my email but directed me back to AAdvantage Customer Service who denied me in the first place. In my opinion, email notifications should be circulated before the promo begins, not one day afterward. I'm very surprised that AA did not agree with me. In effect, travelers in my situation are penalized.

Any advice from seasoned folks on a better way to appeal? Is AA ever known to override decisions like this?

Thanks in advance...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: -
Open jaws

I'm booked on JFK-LHR-MAD , MAD-LHR-PHL. Is it safe to assume I'll receive the bonus? I see some language about round trips and want to make sure open jaws would be ok.

Also I booked this with cash+avios which typically isn't a problem (books like a "normal" paid ticket) but want to make sure.

Thank you!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nsamuelsen
Looking for advice:

I traveled on an AA RTW ticket, beginning on 9/6 and ending with a 9/22 leg from LHR to DFW in business class.

Long story short, I was ultimately denied the one-way leg bonus 12,500 miles because I was not registered prior to my travel date.

Any advice from seasoned folks on a better way to appeal? Is AA ever known to override decisions like this?

Thanks in advance...
The T/C said round trip is required to qualify for the bonus. Please read that link again.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:51 pm

If I booked flights on BA, do I just use my AA # to get the bonus?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by jfkcnf
I'm booked on JFK-LHR-MAD , MAD-LHR-PHL. Is it safe to assume I'll receive the bonus? I see some language about round trips and want to make sure open jaws would be ok.

Also I booked this with cash+avios which typically isn't a problem (books like a "normal" paid ticket) but want to make sure.

Thank you!
You should receive 12'500 Miles per one-way segment, yes.
At least this has been confirmed with AA, not sure about the others.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
How about if I fly on BA flight number and metal from LAX to LHR and fly back from LHR to LAX on an AA flight number but BA metal, will I still qualify for the bonus miles in this promotion?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How about if I fly on BA flight number and metal from LAX to LHR and fly back from LHR to LAX on an AA flight number but BA metal, will I still qualify for the bonus miles in this promotion?
Yes. The bonus will be based on the fare purchased from the marketing carrier.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:31 am

I can confirm this works even for flights purchased before having registered for the promo. Just received 12,500 miles for my outbound flights purchased in August (well before the promo was posted)
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:18 pm

One-ways work fine too.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Now that this promo is finished are there any hints of a replacement promo?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:40 pm

Wait a minute here,
I was registered for this promo. This would be my fourth trip to Europe from US.
Anyway, my flight began on Saturday but ends on Saturday. Do I get the 12,500 bonus or the full thing? The terms are ambigious.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:38 pm

Nope. can confirm. only get bonus for half. Drats!

NAF15 BNS OFFER BET NA & EUROPE 1/30/16 0 12,500 12,500

Barely made the cutoff!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by surftb15
Nope. can confirm. only get bonus for half. Drats!

NAF15 BNS OFFER BET NA & EUROPE 1/30/16 0 12,500 12,500

Barely made the cutoff!
This was pretty clear, you get 12.5k bonus rdms for each eligible TATL crossing.

Let's hope there will be another last such promo for summer, last year there was one from mid May to August 8, I believe. AA should have the incentive to do this before the new RDM system takes effect, because the same conditions would still apply. This bonus was designed to reward high spenders and compete with DL/UA on J/F fares rdm rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.