Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: My Last time on US coded flight - what was yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
My Last US Airways Coded Flight Was: _____; What Was Yours?

For a reminiscence opportunity, see LUS: Dinner with US FA "GalleyWench" Tue 27 Oct 6 PM Lowell, NC
Print Wikipost

LUS: My Last time on US coded flight - what was yours?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:44 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

10/16 PHL-SFO on flight 672.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:07 pm

Seems I'm going to be spending a lot of time on US metal this week (stocking up while I still can). I now have a last-minute round trip SFO-PHL-EWR/EWR-CLT-SFO to fly tomorrow and Wednesday, followed by US 1939 from SFO to PHL on Friday night. And all upgrade-eligible segments of the EWR roundtrip have already cleared. Really going to miss the stickerless transcon upgrades!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Mine was today. It was an excellent flight: on time and the lead FA was superb: when I ordered a glass of wine, he brought the bottle and an empty glass to me, described the wine and gave me a taste before pouring the whole glass; like in a nice restaurant!
This guy oughta be warned: he could start giving airlines a good name!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Got a two-for last night. Settled into 3d thinking "this is my last time boarding a US mainline". Then, just before pushback, the copilot noticed an oil leak in 1 of the engines. Ok, my 2nd to the last time! Deplaned and reboarded a different plane acRoss the terminal. Flight was only delayed a little over an hour, pretty impressive given what a zoo phx is on Sundays.

No upgrade for the CRJ900 flt home on Wed though
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Virgin Gold, Marriott Gold
This morning! 10/12 1863 BOS-PHL (well, technically I bought it as a codeshare, but I'll count it) - even got the upgrade, pulled up to my new seat once already on board.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:15 pm

I thought my final US flights would have been back in March from PIT-CLT-MIA returning FLL-CLT-PIT but I ended up deciding to my own farewell trip on Oct 2nd and 3rd. I booked myself on US 1863 PHL-BOS, US 626 BOS-CLT, and US 1733 CLT-MCO, returning the next day on US 865 MCO-CLT and US 1807 CLT-PHL.

I thought this would be a great opportunity to also take some good pics with my new D610. Unfortunately, there were storms on the east coast and the last time I saw blue sky was two days before my trip. We didn't even climb out of the clouds between PHL-BOS-CLT. On top of it, I developed a cold so I just wanted to be at home and sleep. But it was all worth it from CLT-MCO. As we climbed out of the clouds (for the first time), I was greeted with one of the most beautiful sunsets.

My last flight, on US the next day was filled with gray skies and poor weather, but we made an extremely smooth landing. That will be the end of US Airways for me, and I'll miss it very much. US has carried me more than any other airline, making good (and a few bad) memories along the way. It was the first to bring me into the world of flight, and will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you, US Airways.

March 1996, PIT-FLL
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GLD, Admiral Club
10/15 CLT-LIT on flight 5200.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
My parents are flying PHL-LAX on 10/16.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
Mine was US 1849 on 10/9. Got upgraded to F.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Tomorrow morning. PWM-PHL #4589 upgrade cleared for the short flight.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
My Last time on US coded flight - what's yours?

Today 10/15 DCA/MIA 1533

Actually operated by AA but sold as US.

TW
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:45 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
We're on 1939 tomorrow night

As luck would have it, we're on the final flight. We booked this trip (SFO-PHL-BWI-PHX-SFO) a number of months back, well before the 10/17 transition point was set.

In fact, IIRC, we originally had SFO-CLT-BWI on a 12:10AM US flight and that one went away, so we chose this one.

So, the itinerary has one US flight followed by 3 (now) AA flights.

Needless to say, we'll not get our EXP upgrades

We'll likely miss much of the hoopla due to hanging out in the SFO Centurion Lounge as long as possible. But we'll see what the "inflight amenities" are (see following post).

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:48 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Email from AA for 1939, 10/17/15

Just got this from AA:

Originally Posted by AA
Important Information

You are booked on a special flight (US1939) and it is the last to ever depart under the US Airways name. To celebrate, a media and employee event will be held before your flight departs from San Francisco. Special inflight amenities will also be given out on board. Please arrive at your gate early to take part in celebrations and ensure an on-time departure. US Airways ticket counters at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) are only located in Terminal 2. After security, you will be able to walk between Terminals 1 and 2.
Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat (Former USAir DM Gold) OW Sapphire, HH Diamond
Last US Ride

I will be on US 1796 tomrorrow CLT>PHL.

I wanted to be on 1939, but there was no way to get back from SFO in a timeline I needed.

I settled for a weekend MR out of my hub at CLT, on my favorite metal B752, with my last non sticker DM upgrade to FC.

Been a loyal USAIR flyer since 98 or so, enjoyed every ride from the dash-8 to the 330 Envoy. Had several overseas rides to Ireland on the old Piedmont 767's, UK, and the Caribbean. Some of those old tired Widebodies were like a time capsule, but they had character!

Sad to see this day come. Not overall impressed with AA so far. Will TRY and stay away from those dreaded 738's and trips west via DFW as long as possible.

Even my first year as Silver, I was usually treated like everyone appreciated us DM loyalists. AA culture doesn't appear to care.

Won't be on the LAST US flight, but pretty close.

Good luck all on your last one.

-Cactus1857
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by brp
Just got this from AA:
Cool. I am on the flight but did not get the email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.