Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How does Cuddle Class LAA A321T pet cabin / kennel in F work?

How does Cuddle Class LAA A321T pet cabin / kennel in F work?

Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by cbrown5294
On my last J flight Jfk-Lax they kicked the guy across the aisle off the plane because they said no pets in carrier allowed on the A321T
Poor guy had no choice so he got off the plane
I am guessing he did not contact AA in advance or approach the ticket counter which is very strange if you are bringing a pet. Not sure if he was unaware or was trying to save a few $$$ by not telling the airline.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bgasser
I am guessing he did not contact AA in advance or approach the ticket counter which is very strange if you are bringing a pet. Not sure if he was unaware or was trying to save a few $$$ by not telling the airline.
I am flying Jfk-lax right now and as a little test I asked at check in then again at the gate and all I got was a blank look. 6 agents at the gate and all said that no pets on the transcon (which I know is totally false ) and one guy finally said “only in economy”
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by PokerHammy;[url=tel:25306549
25306549[/url]]Anyone seen this done or used this for their pet? http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti......-pet-cabins

I was excited from just reading the headline, but it turned out to be a closet for dogs...
I haven't seen that but I hear row 6 is really where you want to be. 😏
Spiff, SCChris, lrdpenn and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
did you have to put them in the closet for take off/landing ?
I never have but always assume I will have to per the rules.

BTW I recently also had some issues at LAX check-in, first time ever.
The check-in agent initially said that pets weren't allowed in the A321T in ANY cabin. Per the rules they had, the flight was operated by a 32B aircraft which (the agent mapped as meaning) an Airbus A330 which disallowed all pets per their reference sheet. There are a lot of things wrong here, but I wish AA would just give very clear SOPs to agents. What should be a simple flowchart ends up in confusion because information across AA systems does not align.

A supervisor didn't know either and initially backed up the agent, so I had to push further. At least the supervisor called someone to verify the aircraft instead of dig their heels. That incredibly took another 5 minutes...how do at least three people not know what aircraft operates LAX-JFK, at LAX?!?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Since 80 GBP is under $90 right now,, you would think the GBP price would go down or the USD price would go down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.