Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Alcohol service hours policy: Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MathMusic
Alcoholic Beverage Service Hours
in Admirals Clubs

Code:
AIRPORT Open Sunday Sun Note
 ATL 6:00 AM 12:00 PM
 AUS 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 BNA 8:00 AM 12:00 PM
 BOS 8:00 AM 11:00 AM
 BUF 8:00 AM 10:00 AM
 CLT 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 DCA 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 DEN 7:00 AM 7:00 AM
 DFW 7:00 AM 12:00 PM Comp Bev Before Noon
 EWR whenever club is open
 GSO 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 HNL 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 JFK 8:00 AM 10:00 AM
 LAX 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 LGA 8:00 AM 12:00 PM
 MIA 7:00 AM 7:00 AM
 ORD whenever club is open
 PHL 7:00 AM 11:00 AM
 PHX 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 RDU 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 SAN 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 SFO 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 SJU whenever club is open
 SNA 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 STL 6:00 AM 9:00 AM
 TPA 7:00 AM 7:00 AM

Originally provided by jbsay on 21 Aug 2015
Print Wikipost

Alcohol service hours policy: Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies I note that the wiki only seems to cover Admirals Clubs but has the title "in Admirals Clubs and in-flight". Presumably, either: the title needs changing to remove the 'in-flight' bit, or information needs to be added about the 'in-flight' bit (including as "To be confirmed" line). I do not know anything about in-flight alcohol service hours so I would unfortunately not be able to comment with any accuracy.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Not alcohol related but this is another reason why I sent Jim Moses an email saying I would not be renewing my AC membership......at LGA it's basically what they put out (water, OJ maybe cranberry juice) or you're out of luck until 8/830am.....ive had to involve the checkin staff just to get a tomato juice one morning....so sad.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Thanks for all of your replies I note that the wiki only seems to cover Admirals Clubs but has the title "in Admirals Clubs and in-flight". Presumably, either: the title needs changing to remove the 'in-flight' bit, or information needs to be added about the 'in-flight' bit (including as "To be confirmed" line). I do not know anything about in-flight alcohol service hours so I would unfortunately not be able to comment with any accuracy.
In-flight is pretty much the same across the board. If the aircraft is catered and you're on board, you should be served anything you want at any time of day. Only exception is PDBs for international departures where AA has not paid the duty on the liquor. In those cases, they only offer a cheap sparkling wine, juice, or water.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The wiki is community property and community maintained by purpose. Any signed in member with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit a wiki (other than the rare locked one, usually with moderator instructions).

Some wikis are fairly comprehensive summaries if someone has taken on that challenge, but even those are meant to be edited as necessary by members with updated information or corrections. (In other words: wiki creation and maintenance is a voluntary community activity, not an assigned moderator duty. )

The wiki here has information provided by one member who went to some trouble to get the Club drinks schedules. Anyone who has and wishes to share what the in-flight policies are - or another member who reads that - is welcome to add to the wiki (it's nice to give attribution to the source, as has been done with the Club chart).

/Moderator
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:11 am

Just for information: The wiki is community property and community maintained by purpose. Any signed in member with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit a wiki (other than the rare locked one, usually with moderator instructions).

Some wikis are fairly comprehensive summaries if someone has taken on that challenge, but even those are meant to be edited as necessary by members with updated information or corrections. (In other words: wiki creation and maintenance is a voluntary community activity, not an assigned moderator duty. )

The wiki here has information provided by one member who went to some trouble to get the Club drinks schedules. Anyone who has and wishes to share what the in-flight policies are - or another member who reads that - is welcome to add to the wiki (it's nice to give attribution to the source, as has been done with the Club chart).

/Moderator
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Just for information: The wiki is community property and community maintained by purpose. Any signed in member with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit a wiki (other than the rare locked one, usually with moderator instructions).

/Moderator

Apologies, it was not my intention to assign duties to a moderator (or anybody else). I just thought the title or content needed to be amended to be accurate (there seems to have been quite a useful, appropriate focus on moderators ensuring accurate titles from my brief frequenting of the board recently). I did not want to overstep my mark as I'm very rarely in the American fora. Good job on the wiki, the explanation, and the preceding/ensuing discussion. I have amended the title of the wiki accordingly.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Aug 22, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:55 pm

Apologies, it was not my intention to assign duties to a moderator (or anybody else). I just thought the title or content needed to be amended to be accurate (there seems to have been quite a useful, appropriate focus on moderators ensuring accurate titles from my brief frequenting of the board recently). I did not want to overstep my mark as I'm very rarely in the American fora. Good job on the wiki, the explanation, and the preceding/ensuing discussion. I have amended the title of the wiki accordingly.
No worries; I just really wanted to remind members they have the ability to edit, add, etc.

We actually titled both Club and in flight because that was the question posed by the OP.

Extending this further though, how about serving alcohol on board flights (e.g. in First)? Does wine flow at 5/6am on American flights? I've never even thought to ask on domestic flights although I have had a glass at about 10am on the transatlantics when their lunchtime meal services come out.
Just nobody has stepped forward yet with the in flight data; I couldnt even find the times on alcademics.com. And we would prefer to keep the alcoholic beverage service times in one place to minimize information fragmentation and maximize searchability.

I know at least one of us knows... but it's the weekend, less traffic.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 22, 2015 at 2:01 pm
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Catbert10
DFW doesn't serve before noon on Sunday either. I know they can't sell before noon, and I'm pretty sure they also don't serve the free stuff.
Last time I grabbed a beer on a Sunday before noon I had to buy a bag of chips with it. I believe it had something to do with restaurants exempt from the Sunday blue laws if they served it with food.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-ExecPlat, DL-Diamond, Hilton-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by Catbert10
DFW doesn't serve before noon on Sunday either. I know they can't sell before noon, and I'm pretty sure they also don't serve the free stuff.
I sit in DFW clubs many Sunday's well before noon and have Bloodies. With DFW, comp alcohol starts being served when club opens, no restriction on time. Comp food must be offered as well, which of course, it is.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:36 am

Disappointed to read about PHL not allowing alcohol until 11am on Sundays, especially given that the PLCB allows airport restaurants to serve beginning at 7am:

Alcohol may be dispensed on Sunday from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M., provided the licensee offers a meal beginning at 9:00 A.M.

Airport Restaurant licensees who possess a Sunday Sales Permit may dispense alcohol between the hours of 7:00 A.M. Sunday and 2:00 A.M. Monday.
Even going by the 9am standard, the fact that ACs sell meals (sandwiches and the like) should be enough to allow them to have alcohol before 11am.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Disappointed to read about PHL not allowing alcohol until 11am on Sundays, especially given that the PLCB allows airport restaurants to serve beginning at 7am:

Even going by the 9am standard, the fact that ACs sell meals (sandwiches and the like) should be enough to allow them to have alcohol before 11am.
The SkyClub there is a self-pour lounge and that you can start as early as you'd like.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lowfareair

The rules for "before hours" PDB serving (on the plane, obviously) was recently simplified greatly but I *think* before that there was a formal or informal rule about having to have food available if drink was to be served, etc. (in the few places where it's an issue.)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; UA Silver
JFK may need to be updated. Tried to order a cocktail around 8:30am on a Monday and they said they do not serve alcohol until 10am. Can someone confirm if this is accurate?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is alcohol available in the first class flagship dining area of DFW Admirals club on Sunday mornings?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
AA Flagship lounge JFK - where is the alcohol early mornings?

This is probably my 10th time at AA Flagship lounge JFK (and I have been here at every imaginable hour !) but right now it is 5:48AM ALL alcohol is off limits, the liquor bottles are not even out, the beer fridge is locked... I just asked and she said alcohol is available at 8AM. OMG !!!! Is this a JOKE ?

there goes my Taittinger / Bolinger and vodka creation I started making ...
Flying JFK SFO on the A321 in J this morning so hopefully it makes up for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.