Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Looks like DFW-MAD/MAD-DFW going this way

I hadn't seen this route posted yet, but it appears that AA36 (DFW-MAD) and AA37 (MAD-DFW) are going the 77D route by next January. Booked J tickets planning to SWU into the A7 F cabin. When it finally got ticketed, it was suddenly F7 A0 with no seats taken. Agent couldn't even waitlist us. She said that this is very likely a changeover. sigh...

Maybe I need to switch to a routing with F

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:58 pm

You may be onto something. F is not available for sale from about early November for DFW-MAD.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bmchris
You may be onto something. F is not available for sale from about early November for DFW-MAD.
Of course, they're still showing the old configuration for the J seats, so I will have to keep an eye open for the eventual change there as our seats will go away.

Is there anything like a typical timeframe from "we're going to be changing the config on this aircraft and we've zeroed out the F" to "we've loaded the new seat maps for the flight?"

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:48 am

Hi everyone

I'm flying JFK-BCN and LHR-JFK in August.

Both seat maps showing the new 777-200 flat bed config.

What is the chance aircraft swap would happen on these two routes and I get an angle flat (old seat)

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
LHR? Just about zero IMO.

BCN I don't know.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by scnzzz
LHR? Just about zero IMO.

BCN I don't know.
Thank you!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Of course, they're still showing the old configuration for the J seats, so I will have to keep an eye open for the eventual change there as our seats will go away.

Is there anything like a typical timeframe from "we're going to be changing the config on this aircraft and we've zeroed out the F" to "we've loaded the new seat maps for the flight?"

Cheers.

We have a J reservation for DFW-MAD in January, was thinking that the change would load on Saturday night since all the F are gone but no luck. We booked this with the hope that they would eventually change planes.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by CNMAZ
We have a J reservation for DFW-MAD in January, was thinking that the change would load on Saturday night since all the F are gone but no luck. We booked this with the hope that they would eventually change planes.
I wouldn't fret too much. Bought my MIA-MAD last Sept. for July travel, unknowingly old 777-200. It was changed to new 772 a couple months ago. Our BCN-MIA was changed just a couple weeks ago to 772. I had been following this process and made sure that when they switched over from 3 class to 2 class to snag the first rows in case it gets switched out for an old 777 last minute, that way we are more likely to stay in First Class, not in old slanted business class seats.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:48 am

Flying MIA-LHR in the end of the year. We are a family of 4. two adults and two kids (13y and 11y). What do you think would be the best seats for us? As far as I read I would choose 3H & 3L and 4H & 4L. I assume sitting in this config one adult can have a look after one kid (e.g. 3H has view to 3L). Is this correct?

Or do you think 3A & 4D and 4H & 4L would be better?

Any other suggestions ?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
All this talk of seeing the new config on DFW-MAD is good for me ... booked a J award in Nov PHL-DFW-MAD-FCO, with the DFW-MAD leg on AA 36. This is the "give the wife a trip to Europe to make up for all the travel that I do" that I promised her when I took this job, and booked back in Jan.

Still shows the F/J config as of now on the seat map, but F0 on EF.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
All this talk of seeing the new config on DFW-MAD is good for me ... booked a J award in Nov PHL-DFW-MAD-FCO, with the DFW-MAD leg on AA 36. This is the "give the wife a trip to Europe to make up for all the travel that I do" that I promised her when I took this job, and booked back in Jan.

Still shows the F/J config as of now on the seat map, but F0 on EF.
And she was ok with the double connection and backtrack PHL-DFW-MAD routing?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
When we're in J, my wife complains to me that PHL-MAD is too short for enjoying the food and wine and then getting some rest. We've been partial to the A332 LUS flatbed seats, so I hadn't tried PHL-DFW-MAD, but did just do PHL-CLT-MAD as a partial correction. pa3lsvt, let us know if the new seat is anywhere close to what we get ex-PHL on the LUS A332s.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by nova08
And she was ok with the double connection and backtrack PHL-DFW-MAD routing?
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
When we're in J, my wife complains to me that PHL-MAD is too short for enjoying the food and wine and then getting some rest. We've been partial to the A332 LUS flatbed seats, so I hadn't tried PHL-DFW-MAD, but did just do PHL-CLT-MAD as a partial correction. pa3lsvt, let us know if the new seat is anywhere close to what we get ex-PHL on the LUS A332s.
PHL-DFW/MIA-MAD was the only way to get to Europe anywhere (without BA's YQ or connecting overland between LGA and JFK) on sAAver biz at the time when I was looking and when we wanted to go. I went with the DFW connection specifically to lengthen the overwater segment. Then tacked on an IB segment to get MAD-FCO, and viola! FT style routing PHL-FCO @ 50k per biz seat.

I had to bite the bullet and go direct FCO-PHL on the return to sell that idea to the family CEO, however, at 110k miles per seat. (And coming home is no time to be double-connecting anyway when you live in a European gateway hub city.) So I'll be able to directly compare the A332 seat about a week after we (hopefully) get the new 772 seating on the way out. I've caught the A33x domestically a few times so I know what to expect there.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I've booked JFK-BCN and back in Feb '17 and seeing the 772 on the flight. For myself, wife, and infant child, which are best seats? Currently in 1D/1H both ways but cabin is pretty open. There are no bassinets in J, right?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bosman
I believe the following seats are not connected to any other, so eliminates the "neighbor movement" concern:

1 A, D, H
7 A, D, H, L
12 A, D, H, L
I was looking at the seat maps and I'm not sure this is correct. It seems like the seat pairs are connected by the "head" side. The only seats that don't look connected are:

1 A, D, H
7 A, L
12 A, L

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.