Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by tonykline1947
I booked DFW-KOA on 772 with 37J. Two kids, two adults. I picked the row 8, kids get the windows and adults are in the middle - is this a good choice?
Thank you.
it probably is a good choice. Window will keep entertained for some portion of the flight. Seats are somewhat private so you won’t really see your kids from the middle tho
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, and others
On the 772 this week LAX tO LHR; there’s a 77W service earlier however. Is it worth the switch?

(all in j)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by evacboy
On the 772 this week LAX tO LHR; there’s a 77W service earlier however. Is it worth the switch?

(all in j)
Not if it costs you $.

But if somehow it does not, then I would probably do it. I sleep better on the 77W.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:12 am
SCS

How long before departure does the switch from solid squares to notches typically occur? I ask because I see that flightradar24 is showing that AA104 on Dec 19 is due to be operated by N759AN, which is a Zodiac plane according to the unofficial American Fleet Site. But looking at the seat map on AA.com, no notches are displayed. Pretty frustrating if the practice is to wait until day of departure to show that the flight will be Zodiac operated...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gateH15

I can only tell you about 787-8 seats that are not rocking. Never seen any info on 772. I assume rear facing 6L maybe the only one that is not attached to anyother seat. I could be wrong
Was on a 37J 772 with zodiac seats. Seats were definitely rocking. We were in 4D and 4H and had some interesting people behind us and felt rocking.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Have DFW-MAD booked for late February. Currently showing 37J and no notches on the seat map, but I assume it will update 24-48 hours out as has been reported on here so I don't really know as of yet which product the flight will be. Any advice on selecting seats that would be good for either layout since it could be either at this point? Currently in 10A to avoid rocking, but I know that might be loud with the proximity to the PE cabin. Any thoughts? Only other non-rocking seats open are 1D/1H 7A/7L, but I'm loathe to give up a window seat. Any thoughts on what I should book?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Any update on which of these seats are non-rocking?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:47 am

AA 199 B777-200 MXP-JFK Biz Seats and thoughts

Good day I am flying on AA 199 MXP-JFK in Biz. If I want to be close to my companion are there specific seats I should choose? According to Seat Guru- it is a B777-200 and this is the seating chart. THANK YOU in advance!! Also any general thoughts about the flight?

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Americ...htno=199&date=
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PDXmilespoints503
Good day I am flying on AA 199 MXP-JFK in Biz. If I want to be close to my companion are there specific seats I should choose? According to Seat Guru- it is a B777-200 and this is the seating chart. THANK YOU in advance!! Also any general thoughts about the flight?

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Americ...htno=199&date=
In that case, it’s the Zodiac fore and aft seating. Please read the Wikipost at the top of the page, and posts that reply to your question.

There’s also https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ec-2018-a.html to differentiate the two 777-200 configurations flying currently.

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:48 am

Perfect thank you!
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:05 pm

I know this is asked a lot, but anyone have trips on a 772 Zodiac lately? Were the dividers locked up on all rows, alternating rows (as has been reported here) or movable by the pax?

Somehow, I've avoided these planes the past 2 years. Last I flew them in early 2017, I could still move the dividers myself.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
I know this is asked a lot, but anyone have trips on a 772 Zodiac lately? Were the dividers locked up on all rows, alternating rows (as has been reported here) or movable by the pax?

Somehow, I've avoided these planes the past 2 years. Last I flew them in early 2017, I could still move the dividers myself.
Flew on one of these a few days ago. I was in 4L, but row 4’s divider was movable by the couple sitting there.
econometrics likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
How do I figure out if it is Zodiac or BE seat?

edit: never mind, I found the other thread that talks about this. It was linked at the wiki at the top but auto-scroll bested me at first.

Last edited by bzcat; Jan 15, 2019 at 7:23 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:41 pm

Just a quick data point...

Flew AA220 (DFW-AMS) on 3 June on N756AM, which is 37J Zodiac config. I was in 5D, which was the last row of the forward biz section, port side aisle in the middle.

1. Seats were still a-rockin'. I didn't notice it as much when I was fully flat, but in the Z position, it was bad. My 4D connected "seat mate" was probably a 130# older woman, and it was still very noticeable.

2. Divider was up when I boarded, but it was movable.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Hello

I’m on a Zodiac 777 tomorrow LHR-JFK and thanks to cancelled connections at the last minute there is little seat choice remaining and so I’ve gone with 7L. 1D was also available. Any thoughts? I’ve read mixed comments on whether 7D has a window...?

Thanks in advance,

TFC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.