Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
How was the in-flight service? I’ll be on this flight for Labor Day weekend.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'll provide some feedback "after" the flight ;-) (flights not until tomorrow, Aug 20)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by McSam18

I didn’t think any of the Zodiac 772s had been refurbed with PE yet? That’s why all of the DFW Hawai’i flights have been with the B/Es since they’ve been refitted with PE.
There were six 37J 772s that had the Zodiac seats (out of 34 37J 772s)--these are the airplanes that have been retrofitted with PE/W and that AA rosters on DFW-Hawaii. According to the AA Fleet Site, it now appears that one originally 45J 772 with Zodiac seats has been retrofitted to the 37J + 24W configuration, which means that you have a 7/35 or 20% chance of getting Zodiac seats when flying to Hawaii.
McSam18 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
Dkc192....thank you for that information....I will post when I board.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
There were six 37J 772s that had the Zodiac seats (out of 34 37J 772s)--these are the airplanes that have been retrofitted with PE/W and that AA rosters on DFW-Hawaii. According to the AA Fleet Site, it now appears that one originally 45J 772 with Zodiac seats has been retrofitted to the 37J + 24W configuration, which means that you have a 7/35 or 20% chance of getting Zodiac seats when flying to Hawaii.
Ah, that’s good to know. I wasn’t aware any of the Zodiacs had PE yet. I guess I’ll have to keep my eye on my January Maui flight, hoping to avoid the switch from B/E to Zodiac.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Im on the flight the 31st. Currious to here a report also.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Ceres

Im on the flight the 31st. Currious to here a report also.
There are some recent reports with pictures of DFW to Hawaii (HNL, OGG) non stop 772 service in the Domestic Meals Forum. We have made 3 RT DFW to HNL and OGG since they scheduled the 772 on this route last summer. We have had the BE Super Diamond all forward facing seats on all legs.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by nalismom
Just checked in for Flight 123 for tomorrow...Seat Map changed to show notches on some seats. I assume this plane now has the Zodiac seat. I had been seated in 3A which I assume in rear-facing. 1 L was available so I switched my seat assuming it will be forward facing....what I don’t know is ....will it have a window... I’ve looked at many threads and reviews but can’t seem to find information.

I know this is a small concern but I’d like to know if there is a window.

Thank you in advance
I started to wonder about the notches thing.............
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Op I’m on the returning flight AA8 8/21. My seatmap looks like the forward facing until last minute. I didn’t see any seats with notches during OLCI. I shall see how the rocking chairs goes
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nalismom
Dkc192....thank you for that information....I will post when I board.

I am just wondering how you and teemuflyer are doing with the hurricane? Hope you're safe and dry.

Also wondering if AANYC1981 was still planning on going? Mine is a 6-hour layover I might still go, not too sure.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Family of 4 to Hawaii: where to sit

We're flying DFW-HNL;OGG-DFW next summer. I know we have no way of knowing which configuration will be on the route, but given that am looking for some advice on the best arrangement of seats to pick, that would be good in any configuration. We've initially gone for all four seats in row 7, as it is the bulkhead of the second J cabin. Don't care about rear facing (actually rather like it, based on BA experience) but having at least two of us with unblocked windows is a definite preference. Kids are 14 and 10.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Gildas
We're flying DFW-HNL;OGG-DFW next summer. I know we have no way of knowing which configuration will be on the route, but given that am looking for some advice on the best arrangement of seats to pick, that would be good in any configuration. We've initially gone for all four seats in row 7, as it is the bulkhead of the second J cabin. Don't care about rear facing (actually rather like it, based on BA experience) but having at least two of us with unblocked windows is a definite preference. Kids are 14 and 10.
Good choice with Row 7.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:46 am

Just had a pleasant surprise. Looks like AA 101 LHR-JFK on 9-22 just went from no PE to a PE plane. I am in 15C on old and new config. The sting of SWU probably not clearing is lessened a lot by getting a PE seat. I haven't flown on this cause the 2 times before that I booked it my SWU cleared. Not dreading it near as much now.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Independent
I'm on this bird this weekend JFK to LHR daytime flight. I can choose either 11A or 7L. Both backwards facing. I am going to keep the window wide open all flight (I like looking out) so I am conscience of disturbing other passengers. 7L is connected tot he bulkhead, so wont disturb the passenger int eh adjacent seat, BUT is on the sunny side of the plane. 11A is on the shade side, but at the back and fixed to another seat. So, who do I bother more?

Never mind, my bad. 7L doesn't have a window. So no go for that seat. Sorry, please resume your discussion.

Last edited by Cloudship; Sep 27, 2018 at 4:03 pm Reason: Because I type before I think.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:14 am

I've sat in 7L on the 45J version before. It does have a window, it's just at an odd angle (have to sit forward - i.e., lean towards the aft of the plane - and twist to your left) to see out ot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.