Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fredshino
I was looking at the seat maps and I'm not sure this is correct. It seems like the seat pairs are connected by the "head" side. The only seats that don't look connected are:

1 A, D, H
7 A, L
12 A, L
Just flew 1H and there's definitely no neighbour movement.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by fredshino
I was looking at the seat maps and I'm not sure this is correct. It seems like the seat pairs are connected by the "head" side. The only seats that don't look connected are:

1 A, D, H
7 A, L
12 A, L
I find Seatguru more helpful for visualizing which seats are and are not connected. After reviewing it again, I believe you are correct that only the seats that you list above are not connected.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold,Marriott PP,Hilton Diamond, National EX, Hertz PC
How bad is this "neighbor movement" I have flight booked and I am in 2L because I like to look out the window. 7 is open but I understand you have to look backwards to see out the window. In this thread the movement is anywhere from, "I will never fly AA again and they ruined my life" to I never even noticed it. I usually don't sleep much so not too concerned but don't want to be afraid the whole flight that my neighbor will leave AA forever because of my getting up.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The movement is quite annoying I can report
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Executive, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Silver, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Rewards Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jm62
How bad is this "neighbor movement" I have flight booked and I am in 2L because I like to look out the window. 7 is open but I understand you have to look backwards to see out the window. In this thread the movement is anywhere from, "I will never fly AA again and they ruined my life" to I never even noticed it. I usually don't sleep much so not too concerned but don't want to be afraid the whole flight that my neighbor will leave AA forever because of my getting up.
I just flew AA974 overnight GIG-JFK two weeks ago in 2L. I did not feel any movement at all overnight. FWIW, perhaps my neighbor in 1L was inactive. Also, I should note in this rear-facing seat, you still need to turn about 90 degrees to your left to see out of the 2 windows you will occupy. I did not find this to be annoying, but just make sure to stretch to the right as well to prevent any cramps! Also, I found this seat to be quite private - I slept quietly for nearly 7 hours. You do not directly stare at any other pax, except perhaps 2H if he/she turns to the right to look out of your windows. Here are some pics of the views from 2L. Enjoy!

https://goo.gl/photos/rn894owzAwcJmvei9
https://goo.gl/photos/XSeh2patvUXwof1R9
https://goo.gl/photos/CtnLD1jDoy6xjYL99
https://goo.gl/photos/oqkxEZccxK8Xyj7r5
https://goo.gl/photos/7UYp581Pkdfrk6bs8
https://goo.gl/photos/uRTUzwrWcYN3KLoaA
https://goo.gl/photos/4QzaNkD7S3toZshA7
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thank you for posting these pics c2u4ze2im!

I'm in 2L LHR-JFK later this summer and appreciate these photos a lot! ^
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I flew in 2L this week (first time on one of these aircraft) and the neighbour movement is noticeable. Fortunately my neighbour in 1L wasn't moving too much, but when he did, the movement was fairly substantial.

Overall the seats are not too bad, comfortable enough but not in the same league for me as the 77W, which feels wider as well as having more personal space. Storage was pretty limited, unless I just didn't find it. IFE is excellent. Hadn't been expecting rear-facing seats, though not an issue for me as I'm well used to window seats on BA.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
I'm currently in 3L. It's a day flight (LHR-JFK) so no sleep is needed. Every seat in the front cabin is taken apart from 5ADH and 6L. In the back cabin every seat apart from 7AD, 11A, 12 ADL is free. So I'm thinking of moving into 7L. Any thoughts? Front cabin will be served first, I assume? If so, does service in the back cabin take significantly longer?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flew 7L yesterday (first time on a refurbished 772) and it was a good choice for sleeping. As a side sleeper it was perfect for facing towards the window and have a very private feel and I can confirm (as others have) that you have no seat vibration movement.

You could see 7H while sitting forward (though in this case it was my dad so it wasn't a big deal). However in recline it wasn't an issue - looking straight ahead you basically see the plastic part of the seat between 7H and 8H.

There is only one window and it is behind you but for a night flight that isn't a big deal.

The only other issue is that the bed is a tad short. I'm 5'11'' and even sliding all the way to the top my feet (even without shoes) were touching the other end of the seat. Not sure though if that's specific to 7L or present in all seats.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:11 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
EZE

It looks like the DFW-EZE flight is going to a 772 starting 12/15/16 from the 777. It looks like the 37J version. Happy my DFW-EZE in J the following week will be a new J, not 2-3-2 angle flat. Now just need my DFW-MAD J flight to change from 777 to anything better
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mikelat
I've booked JFK-BCN and back in Feb '17 and seeing the 772 on the flight. For myself, wife, and infant child, which are best seats? Currently in 1D/1H both ways but cabin is pretty open. There are no bassinets in J, right?
My MIA-EZE was switched to 772 recently. I put us in 1D and 1H too; doesn't seem like there are tons of great seats for couples considering the divider issue. 7A and 7L would be my choice but there is no way my husband is going to want to do that since it is a day flight.

Can't decide between 1DH, 1HL, or 7HL. It's pretty wide open. Neither of us care about being backwards or not, though I think my husband wants to try it since we never did on our CW flights ages ago.

Last edited by airb330; Jul 7, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by koje581
Now just need my DFW-MAD J flight to change from 777 to anything better
When are you flying DFW-MAD? If it's on or after November 4, you're slated to get the new 787-9 with B/E Aerospace Super Diamond J seats.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:10 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Yes!

Originally Posted by dkc192
When are you flying DFW-MAD? If it's on or after November 4, you're slated to get the new 787-9 with B/E Aerospace Super Diamond J seats.
^^^

Flying just a few weeks after the change so very happy about the new J seats on that flight!

Would it be too much to ask for a swap on my MAD-JFK 75L return flight too?

Last edited by koje581; Jul 7, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Hmm still can't decide between 1H and 1L or 2H and 2L. Backwards fowards doesn't matter too much, but the person in the window seat (alas not me) would like to be able to see out the windows. Thus, I am thinking 2L is better for that? This requirement knocked out 7L since it is a daytime flight. If I have to look at anyone, it might as well be my husband, hence I am picking a window & an aisle since they'll slightly face each other.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone know if the views in seats 12A or 12L are obstructed by the wing? As these are the only forward facing window seats that are not connected I would be interested in trying them out unless I'll be staring at the wing for my entire day flight. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.