Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
dkc192,

I forgot to say thanks! Also, do you know if the number (6) is planning to drop? 17.5% is great but our flight isn't until April and I wonder if it will drop more.
It's not going to change.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by econometrics
It's not going to change.
Yes, AFAIK there are no plans to replace the already-installed Zodiac seats with the B/E seats.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Thanks! I will have to take my chances! At least it is daylight flight so hopefully it won't be too bad if we do end up with the rocker seats.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador

Is this still an issue? Traveling LHR-DFW and currently in 1L. Would move but not sure I’m looking at the right config as there are only 10 rows of J on my flight (two-class 772).

[QUOTE=bosman;26082775]
Originally Posted by UNITED959
and (2) I'm a light sleeper, so the movement of whomever's seat is connected to mine should be fun.QUOTE]

I believe the following seats are not connected to any other, so eliminates the "neighbor movement" concern:

1 A, D, H
7 A, D, H, L
12 A, D, H, L
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
If your flight has 45 J seats (J goes up to row 12), then you will certainly have the rocky Zodiac seats. If it has 37 J seats (J goes up to row 10), then you have a 6/34 (~17.5%) chance of getting the rocky Zodiac seats, with virtually no way to tell for sure until you step on board.
post quoted above this one seems to indicate specific seats that are ok. Is that not accurate? The only available ones are in the back section so I don’t want to pick them if they are just going to send rock too.

traveling lhr-dfw with the 10 row config...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MichaelKade

post quoted above this one seems to indicate specific seats that are ok. Is that not accurate? The only available ones are in the back section so I don’t want to pick them if they are just going to send rock too.

6 out of 34 planes with the 10-row configuration have the rocky Zodiac J seats that are the subject of this thread. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which seats your plane will have until the inbound plane departs from DFW (or wherever in the US it's coming from)--although since LHR is such a large outstation for AA, they may still swap aircraft right up until departure.

The quoted post lists seats without the rocking issue in the 12-row configuration. They are the same for the 10-row Zodiac configuration, except row 12 is obviously replaced by row 10.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:00 pm

Aa7 - n782an

What’s the Biz class situation on 772s that have had premium economy added to them? I don’t see it on seat guru anywhere. Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:40 pm

Why not grab the 77w flight on that route instead and not have to worry about it?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Why not grab the 77w flight on that route instead and not have to worry about it?
The schedule simply doesn’t allow for it. :-(

I called AA and they said currently the AC assigned has all forward facing seats. Realize this can get swapped at the last minute, but if it doesn’t I should be good, no?

Wondering if if it’s worth it to gamble on 1L or just take the additional galley noise with 7L and be guaranteed not to have a rocky seat.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador

I am also on AA81 (tomorrow in my case). Its a 10 row config for me too. Flightradar seems to suggest the plane will be N765AN (which I understand to be a Concept D bird), but our seatmap only has forward facing seats... Maybe there is still hope for a sub.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:46 am

I called AA and they said currently the AC assigned has all forward facing seats. Realize this can get swapped at the last minute, but if it doesn’t I should be good, no?

Wondering if if it’s worth it to gamble on 1L or just take the additional galley noise with 7L and be guaranteed not to have a rocky seat.

That’s too bad. The 77w would eliminate your concern. Either way (IIRC) the zodiacs aren’t as bad as when first installed, and for the most part it is really not much to be overly worried aboubt. Pick a good seat that is applicable to either configuration and you’ll be fine.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Diet0144
What’s the Biz class situation on 772s that have had premium economy added to them? I don’t see it on seat guru anywhere. Thanks.
SeatGuru is way behind in updating AA's 772 seat maps. They still have the old NGBC seat maps up, which have been phased out for many months now.

N782AN is a Zodiac forward/rear facing J seat plane. When they added PE, they didn't touch the biz cabin on the 37J planes.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
SeatGuru is way behind in updating AA's 772 seat maps. They still have the old NGBC seat maps up, which have been phased out for many months now.

N782AN is a Zodiac forward/rear facing J seat plane. When they added PE, they didn't touch the biz cabin on the 37J planes.
Thanks, That's what I thought, but on the AA site, it doesn't show them as backward facing when selecting seats, so I wasn't sure what the story was. Tried to attach an image, but forum says I can't yet.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold

If the currently-assigned aircraft is all forward facing seats, and you have 1L, I would stay put. Sounds like a good situation. But, if the aircraft is swapped out, it's not the end of the world.....really depends on the person "connected" to you, and how often they get up/out of the seat.

7L in the Zodiac configuration is closer to the engine, but I've not experienced galley noise nor any problems with the adjacent bathroom....none at all.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt GLB
I guess I should have read more before choosing my seat. I flew in 7L from GIG to JFK, and it seemed super short. Is that the case for all of these seats or the cost fo having an unconnected seat?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.