FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac Main Cabin & Extra / MCE (archive) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1703250-best-economy-seat-777-200-777-c37-zodiac-main-cabin-extra-mce-archive.html)

JDiver May 9, 2012 11:05 am

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac Main Cabin & Extra / MCE (archive)

2 Attachment(s)
Though only four of 47 777-223ER hulls have been refitted as of August 2015, it's time to start a thread on MC / MCE seating for this aircraft.

The Zodiac “Concept D” (modified for AA) Business Suite aircraft have fore and aft “yin & yang” seating layout.

The B/E Aerospace - now Rockwell Collins - Super Diamond aircraft have a “reverse herringbone” layout with all seats facing forward at an angle. These have airbags in the seat belts and are not authorized for seat belt extensions and require use of a shoulder strap attachment for ground operations, takeoff and landing.

Note in the Zodiac “Concept D” Business Suite seat configuration below only shows 37 seats. All 772s fitted with this seat will be refitted to offer 37 seats.

masonp123 Aug 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Still a couple of weeks to go

Thanks JDiver-

I'm due to fly JFK-GIG Sept 6th then GIG-MIA on same so if anybody beats me to it would love to know about the bulkhead rows in MCE (row 13) and the exit row further back (row 26 - similar 'protrusion' for the window seat as in the old 31A/J??). I'll scope it out if I'm the first.

faceboy Aug 25, 2015 10:58 am

Let us know. I am set to fly 13J on the 13th of September, hope there is room to stretch out

taseas Sep 3, 2015 8:29 am

Can't find seat map on seatguru

Hello,

AA104 JFK-LHR on June 28, 2016. AA.com shows a 772 with MCE staring in row 13 and MC ending with a row 40...none of the seat maps on seatguru match this config for a 777-200 (also none of the 777-300's match this config)...am I just missing something obvious?

Anyone that has flown on this type of plane, any recommendations for family of 4 in MC? Our thinking was just grab the 4 seats in the middle section in MC so we'd have a row to ourselves.

Thanks!

GregL Sep 3, 2015 9:25 am

It looks like Seat Guru has the row numbering wrong for the "777-200 B" as they call it.

They have the rear section of coach starting at row 23 when it actually starts at row 26, skipping 23-25.

Greg

reeg2 Sep 3, 2015 9:27 am

Originally Posted by GregL (Post 25371771)
It looks like Seat Guru has the row numbering wrong for the "777-200 B" as they call it.

They have the rear section of coach starting at row 23 when it actually starts at row 26, skipping 23-25.

Greg

No one should be surprised that Seat Guru has the information wrong. They spend 0% of their time ensuring accurate information.

JDiver Sep 3, 2015 9:49 am

Seatguru was bought by Trip Advisor; I've not been convinced they know what to do with it, other than putative future plans to integrate some revenue making links to travel providers, OTA, something. I don't think they've figured it out, and I'm not so sure how they can succeed given the current conditions of OTAs and airline ticket commissions.

In the meantime, I've given up communicating with them and providing them with corrections, because they don't seem at all responsive.

Better to check here and look over the various 777 / 772 threads.

Microwave Sep 3, 2015 10:01 am

Originally Posted by taseas (Post 25371507)
AA104 JFK-LHR on June 28, 2016. AA.com shows a 772 with MCE staring in row 13 and MC ending with a row 40...none of the seat maps on seatguru match this config for a 777-200 (also none of the 777-300's match this config)...am I just missing something obvious?

Anyone that has flown on this type of plane, any recommendations for family of 4 in MC? Our thinking was just grab the 4 seats in the middle section in MC so we'd have a row to ourselves.

I'll go ahead and merge this question into the thread discussing this specific aircraft type's main cabin seating. Enjoy your travels!

~Moderator

masonp123 Sep 6, 2015 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by faceboy (Post 25325924)
Let us know. I am set to fly 13J on the 13th of September, hope there is room to stretch out

Sitting in the Flagship lounge at JFK overlooking the bird at gate 12. Looks pristine from the outside. Spotless! Upgrades cleared across the board for me, but think its a light load so I should be able to wander back to the "wasteland" and check out the scene in Y and MCE. This is the first time in a years I've been excited to fly in J on AA. I mean, I always really looked forward to it vs Y, but I'm pretty excited by the rear-facing lie-flat at 6' 4" and 220 lbs. Flew UA's lie-flat LAX-SYD a few years back and slept like a baby. Never could get good rest on the AA barcaloungers.

masonp123 Sep 7, 2015 12:22 pm

Quick review of Y in the dark

So here's my quick take on the Y seats on the 77D. I was upgraded so wandered back, and it was pretty dark and the seats were occupied so take with a grain of salt. DIdn't spend a lot of time back there squinting at people in their seats.

The "bad" news is that it seems with the 3-3-3 config and the hard bulkheads extending to the floor, the row 13 seats may be problematic for long-legged folks. There IS quite a bit of room in front of the seats, but the bulkhead appears to extend all the way across the aisle seats. I used to take the row 20 and 30 C and G seats because i could fully extend my legs at a slight angle around the bulkhead (and suffer the occasional kick or cart ding). I'm not sure that's possible now and so I'm avoiding them.

Row 23 (exit row) middle aisles may be somewhat possible to stretch as it looked like the D and H seats straddled the bulkhead there. Again, lots of space between the seat and the bulkhead, but maybe not quite enough for a 6' 4" person to fully extend legs. On the outside in row 23 (equivalent to row 31 in the original config) there's still a huge space in front of A-C and J-L. As far as the A and L seats go, it may be my bad memory or misperception, but it seemed like the door protrusion, while farther from the seat, may be a bit more pronounced. Both passengers were asleep and didn't have legs out.

I'm flying back to Miami with a long layover, so maybe I'll hang around in the plane until after its deboarded and try them out myself. At this point, I'm going to stick with an aisle in MCE and not risk a bulkhead. Even the exit row I'll avoid just because with the 3-4-3 layout the seats are narrower. Too bad. I was hoping the aisle seats on row 13 would allow me to stick my legs into business but it didn't look good for that.

The new J is nice, slightly cramped in lie flat but I could roll over and mostly stretch out. Def a major improvement over the old J.

faceboy Sep 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by masonp123 (Post 25385860)
Sitting in the Flagship lounge at JFK overlooking the bird at gate 12. Looks pristine from the outside. Spotless! Upgrades cleared across the board for me, but think its a light load so I should be able to wander back to the "wasteland" and check out the scene in Y and MCE. This is the first time in a years I've been excited to fly in J on AA. I mean, I always really looked forward to it vs Y, but I'm pretty excited by the rear-facing lie-flat at 6' 4" and 220 lbs. Flew UA's lie-flat LAX-SYD a few years back and slept like a baby. Never could get good rest on the AA barcaloungers.

I ended up paying a little over $500 for a LFBU for my flight from GIG so never tested out row 13. I did walk back and it didnt look too great, you are correct on the bulkhead coming all the way down. If I had to fly MCE, I would sit in a middle aisle seat.

dave111 Nov 12, 2015 3:57 am

MCE Seating

Looking to book seats in MCE for 2adults/2kids LHR-JFK on AA#105 777-200

My oneworld status allows me to select MCE for free which is appreciated.
Any tips on where to sit?

Does anyone know if Row13 have more or less legroom?
Is there less storage/do the crew prevent you from storing your handluggage on floor during takeoff/landing.
Is the TV smaller/different on this row.
Do they install basinets here. (We don't have a baby)

Many thanks for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wh7ukpspe...60&size_mode=2

chitink Nov 12, 2015 5:28 am

Check out seat guru

It's a great way to find seat info and photos sometimes also.

Microwave Nov 12, 2015 7:33 am

Originally Posted by dave111 (Post 25701389)
Looking to book seats in MCE for 2adults/2kids LHR-JFK on AA#105 777-200

My oneworld status allows me to select MCE for free which is appreciated.
Any tips on where to sit?

Does anyone know if Row13 have more or less legroom?
Is there less storage/do the crew prevent you from storing your handluggage on floor during takeoff/landing.
Is the TV smaller/different on this row.
Do they install basinets here. (We don't have a baby)

There's a consolidated thread for this aircraft, and this post is being merged into it.

~Moderator

jennifereisme Nov 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Looking for info on MCE bulkhead seats 13J & 13L. Pros/cons?
I am currently in these seats but have a few options before our flight on 12/12. Thanks!