Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac Main Cabin & Extra / MCE (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
American Airlines Boeing 777-200ER
Main Cabin layout

Image: aerolopa.com
Note, the seating chart displayed in post #1 is out of date and should be disregarded. Same goes for seatguru.

General information
The Main Cabin layout is standardised across the entire Boeing 777-200ER fleet, so economy seat assignments are protected in the event of an aircraft switching from type 1 to type 2 (or vice versa)

Main Cabin Extra:
Safran (formerly Weber) 5751 slimline seats configured 3-4-3 arranged with a 34" pitch; 9" screens.

In the seat plan the MCE seats are indicated with orange accents

Main Cabin:
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-4-3 arranged with a 31" pitch; 9" screens.

In the seat plan these seats are indicated with red accents

Wifi:
Panasonic high speed satellite wifi

IFE:
Panasonic eX2 AVOD in-flight entertainment system with Live TV

Seat observations and recommendations
Row 17: the bulkhead partitions are raised on steel pedestals affording these seats additional foot space
20 DEGH: designated and sold as Main Cabin Extra but beware as reports here suggest these seats do not offer additional leg room

Sister threads
As all AA 77Es share identical Main Cabin and MCE layouts, you can also check out the comments and recommendations posted in the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...extra-mce.html thread
Print Wikipost

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac Main Cabin & Extra / MCE (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
I think I'm in the right thread. There are so many versions of the AA planes (and I'm historically a UA flyer), that I haven't quite absorbed all the info.

The wife and I are flying SCL-DFW in June in Y with no MCE access. Best seating 36J&L? No one next to us, misaligned seat in front so some extra legroom?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Curious as well as we selected 36A&C for our trip. SeatGuru had it as a yellow, but the comments suggested that it was a good selection. Thanks in advance!
jm62 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Has there been another update to the V2 of the 777? Someone posted last month in Seatguru that "Row 17 goes 2 - 4 - 2. Row 18 and most of the other rows go 3 - 4 - 3." My wife and I are flying a V2 next month and have MCE availability, are currently in row 15, but if 17 has the extra legroom and we can get a 2 seat row, that would be ideal.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a big a**. Am I right in assuming that the narrowness of the row 13 seats is unlikely to suit me even if the leg room is better? How much narrower does the tray table make things?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:55 pm

Curious 3. There are 4 of us flying in August from LAX to LHR in rows 36 and 37. Hoping we don't get moved from the seats and hoping that we will survive economy for the 11 hour flight. The cost for PE was triple the cost of economy so we will have to tough it out.

Originally Posted by fruity933
Curious as well as we selected 36A&C for our trip. SeatGuru had it as a yellow, but the comments suggested that it was a good selection. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:29 pm

Hoping this is the right place to post this. My wife and I are flying JFK-MXP in coach this October. Thanks to my wife's status with AA, we're seated in Main Cabin Extra. What seats should we select, and what should we expect to find, in terms of seat width, pitch, and recline? The seatmap is showing 9-abreast in MCE, but I'm not certain if that means they are Premium Economy seats or old 9-abreast economy...of course if there's an equipment swap, all bets are off. I assume the soft product is identical to plain Y. Thanks in advance for any guidance or comments!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Great experience in the front cabin DFW-OGG. Seating and service were terrific. Wife and I faced forward, not sure we would have liked facing the other way. Next time I'm sitting in Premium Economy which looks nice enough an.d is less than half the price.
econometrics likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Any experience of 22A and 22C, the pair in the last row on the 45J version? Do they fully recline?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold,Marriott PP,Hilton Diamond, National EX, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Oxnardjan
Curious 3. There are 4 of us flying in August from LAX to LHR in rows 36 and 37. Hoping we don't get moved from the seats and hoping that we will survive economy for the 11 hour flight. The cost for PE was triple the cost of economy so we will have to tough it out.
If you can't get MCE I think row 36 is next best. The aisle is wide next to you and there are only two seats with a lot of room. Legroom is standard but you have space for your shoulders.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:11 am

Thanks, we are in row 36 and our friends are in row 37 on a 777-200. I think we are all good and hoping for no plane switch or "accidental" moving of our seat selections. We are 2 weeks out before we travel.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
AA 772 in Economy

Am doing award travel on Flight 69 MAD-MIA and wondering if anyone
has flown recently on plane/flight and how was it.
Am looking at seats 37A and C. 2nd to last row
but one of few 2 seats. Flying with husband and I.
How is IFE?
Many open seats for PE and further forward but all 3 seats together.

Last edited by anngi; Aug 22, 2018 at 3:03 am
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by anngi
Am doing award travel on Flight 69 MAD-MIA and wondering if anyone
has flown recently on plane/flight and how was it.
Am looking at seats 37A and C. 2nd to last row
but one of few 2 seats. Flying with husband and I.
How is IFE?
Many open seats for PE and further forward but all 3 seats together.
Lots of info here on economy seating on the 772...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...extra-mce.html
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Lots of info here on economy seating on the 772...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...extra-mce.html
Thanks! Had read through this and seems like many people had upcoming flights and were also asking about 37A and C but no answers.
Maybe would get more feedback if I change Topic post to MAD-MIA Flight 69 on 772 but don't see way to change topic.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AA PPro
Thanks! Had read through this and seems like many people had upcoming flights and were also asking about 37A and C but no answers.
Maybe would get more feedback if I change Topic post to MAD-MIA Flight 69 on 772 but don't see way to change topic.
I have not sat specifically in those seats, but I took the same kind of seats in the tail on a 747 with my wife once, since it was two together. The two negatives that are clear in my mind were that in the tail there was a lot more pronounced movement of the plane, and there were always lines for the lavatory, and a lot of bad smells, to the point it went from gross to just my wife and I laughing at each other. I don't know if tail movement would be as big an issue on 777 as the 747, and I see there are three lavs further forward in the cabin, so maybe that wouldn't be as big an issue either. Something to keep in mind if either of those possibilities are a big problem for you.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
I would take the two seaters over the three any day!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I agree that you are closer to the lavs and galley, which may make for some noise/smell, and it may be more of an issue on a daytime flight, but the pairs of seats are better than sitting in a set of three. The shoulder room on this aircraft in Y is tight, so not being in a middle seat would be worth it. However, you also tend to be served last unless you order a special meal. Keep that in mind.

Regarding the tail movement, I've also sat in the back of a BA 747, and, to me, it's much less noticeable in the AA 777s. Granted, I never had an issue with the 747, it just felt weirder.

The IFE in the 777s is very good now. Much better than the rotating movie IFE from a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.