Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Holding two [AA award] reservations for the same day

Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

Hi;

I know if I am booking AA metal and put in my FF#, AA will cancel a second reservation if it is the same day and routing as an exiting ticket.

My question is would the same thing happen if one ticket was CX and the other was QR? I may have to change my plans for a trip next year. I'd like to put the QR option on hold and sort things out, rather than wait until I know for sure, but I'm afraid this might jeopardize my exiting CX ticket (both would be award tickets if that matters).

The departure city and day would be the same, but the arrival city would be different.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by beachfan
Hi;

I know if I am booking AA metal and put in my FF#, AA will cancel a second reservation if it is the same day and routing as an exiting ticket.

My question is would the same thing happen if one ticket was CX and the other was QR? I may have to change my plans for a trip next year. I'd like to put the QR option on hold and sort things out, rather than wait until I know for sure, but I'm afraid this might jeopardize my exiting CX ticket (both would be award tickets if that matters).

The departure city and day would be the same, but the arrival city would be different.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Not sure if it would cancel out since it is different carriers, however, just to be safe you can always do the 2nd reservation w/out your AA#.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by arollins
Not sure if it would cancel out since it is different carriers, however, just to be safe you can always do the 2nd reservation w/out your AA#.
As they are both awards, cannot do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.