Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Marriott points to AAdvantaage points question

Old Aug 8, 15, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Hi, kinda new here... I am trying to amass AAdvantage points for a US to Europe trip. I will soon have enough (approx 190,000) to get 2 people from SFO to FCO on economy.

So, experts, what would you recommend as the best way to make this trip in Business or First? I would like to travel sometime this year...
Old Aug 8, 15, 12:45 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

Sign up for multiple AA credit card? You need 140k Marriott points for every 50k miles. Do you have many Marriott points currently?
Old Aug 8, 15, 1:15 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Travel packages are the best redemption choice, in your case!!
Old Aug 8, 15, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
Sign up for multiple AA credit card? You need 140k Marriott points for every 50k miles. Do you have many Marriott points currently?
yes, I just completed that, and I am on an AAdvantage status challenge which will give me another 50K, in addition to my current 90K...
Old Aug 8, 15, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

I was thinking of doing an AirBnB in Rome... the main thing is getting there in style. Is there a travel package that will allow me to go Business/First with my current mileage level? Where do I look for these travel packages?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: