Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SW A-List Pref, Marriott/SPG Gold, Uber
Can someone share the code?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Anyone have the code for Plat Pro?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
easy, start spending a lot of money. This means buying those fares that earn 300% EQM 😉
- you wish! My recent DCA-RDU roundtrip was $707 ai on ER145 (with no F or J) where they only serve water "due to the duration of the flight" and a bus service to/from aircraft in DCA.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
The better question is, since this is temporary for most people, can we use temp Gold/Plat (I got Gold offer) to status match to anything interesting?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hertz
Edited to below question

Last edited by BEM80; Jun 14, 2017 at 7:53 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:49 am

I had a question to a threat post earlier in regards to big 4 companies similar to what was asked earlier.

I actually work at a big 4 company and started very recently, however my AA account still isnt in my big 4 email... so I did not receive the corporate fast track upgrade.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could approach someone at AA to get on this? Or another solution, I am updating my info today.

Best,
BEM
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:15 am

I don't have my AA account tagged to my work email, and had no issues with securing the status challenge. Did you try to sign up and it didn't work?

Originally Posted by BEM80
I had a question to a threat post earlier in regards to big 4 companies similar to what was asked earlier.

I actually work at a big 4 company and started very recently, however my AA account still isnt in my big 4 email... so I did not receive the corporate fast track upgrade.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could approach someone at AA to get on this? Or another solution, I am updating my info today.

Best,
BEM
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by peralbe
I don't have my AA account tagged to my work email, and had no issues with securing the status challenge. Did you try to sign up and it didn't work?
Really? Very new to all of this so I'm not sure where to check if I'm eligible but when I put in my number into the Platinum Pro challenge checker, it says not eligible.

Let me know if you have a different process.

Thank you,
BEM
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I just got my Big 4 invite immediately after turning on my phone after a TATL flight....

I've heard some folks trying to do challenges with a week or two backdate not having any luck with it this year.

They backdated my FastTrack promo 2 years ago when I used it to qualify for EXP.

They probably wont even let me use this again, they email footnotes say once every 5 years.

AAdvantage stinks.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dubstyle311
I just got my Big 4 invite immediately after turning on my phone after a TATL flight....

I've heard some folks trying to do challenges with a week or two backdate not having any luck with it this year.

They backdated my FastTrack promo 2 years ago when I used it to qualify for EXP.

They probably wont even let me use this again, they email footnotes say once every 5 years...

...AAdvantage stinks.
Ummm... how/why, in this case?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
Given complimentary status, I now have access to the better seats for an existing reservation. However, the flight doesn't depart until AFTER my trial status expires...does anyone know what will happen to my assigned seats? Will they stick?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by bylin2000
Given complimentary status, I now have access to the better seats for an existing reservation. However, the flight doesn't depart until AFTER my trial status expires...does anyone know what will happen to my assigned seats? Will they stick?
Are you not planning to complete the challenge?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Are you not planning to complete the challenge?
No, I was given 3 months of complimentary status (the ones that were randomly targeted). Unfortunately, my travel plans are only happening towards the end of the year so I won't be completing the challenge. So I'm just seeing if I can still benefit from having status somehow...in this case at least trying to pick better seats that would have otherwise costed $. I just want to see if anyone has been re-assigned seats after losing status. From threads many years ago, people were saying it only happens when there's equipment change, and I'm curious if anything is different nowadays.

Thanks for any input based on past experiences.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Ummm... how/why, in this case?
2 years ago the program let you qualify for EXP with 25k miles.

You could sign up anytime within like a 2-3 month window.

You could backdate the start date to within a few weeks of signup.

40k bonus miles on completion.

It was much more flexible and generous in the past.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:21 am
Suspended

...They backdated my FastTrack promo 2 years ago when I used it to qualify for EXP.
2 years ago the program let you qualify for EXP with 25k miles.

You could sign up anytime within like a 2-3 month window.

You could backdate the start date to within a few weeks of signup.

40k bonus miles on completion.

It was much more flexible and generous in the past.
Personally, I'm glad that's changed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.