Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ty Vil
I got the same corporate offer as well..
So here we are, 2 days before the corporate "challenge" period is supposed to start but I still haven't gotten any official confirmation from AA that I'm enrolled.

Anyone else in this same situation?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LoLee
So here we are, 2 days before the corporate "challenge" period is supposed to start but I still haven't gotten any official confirmation from AA that I'm enrolled.

I'm in the exact same spot.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PRoth59
In the past have people had any luck with any status matches with another airline in the promo period?
Other airlines do matches, in and out of promo periods
Some depend on who you were for
I am currently waiting for AS to match my AA status.
I had recently asked about WN, but that is apparently based on working for specific companies
In the past, I have had matches to DL and CO
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:30 pm

Yeah, I did an Air Berlin match, like the whole world, but hoping to get an AS match to pair with Biz fares
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PRoth59
Yeah, I did an Air Berlin match, like the whole world, but hoping to get an AS match to pair with Biz fares
So, that is what led to the loss of AB................
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:23 pm

Update: Got my temporary AA plat (yay!)

BA says they can’t see it so they still want me to pay for seats. Really?

Last edited by LoLee; Mar 22, 2018 at 8:58 pm Reason: Updates
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist

Update: Got my temporary AA plat (yay!)

Did you have to call in or did it automatically show up in your account?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by prhockey2607
Did you have to call in or did it automatically show up in your account?
Automatically showed up.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Alaska/ American
I just received my founders card applied AAdvantage platinum challenge email confirmation this morning as well. Let me know if anyone on the challenge would like to meet up while on segment runs? Happy to buy a fellow traveler a beverage.

Being based out of LAS and PDX (and in each location half of the time), I will likely work toward the EQS's first and EQM's second if I start running short on time. Happy to share deals I find and connect with others on the challenge.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I just received an offer - I can either do a Platinum Pro (20,000 miles) or Platinum with Stretch to Platinum Pro (12,500 miles). I will probably do Platinum Pro, but not sure.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
My seemingly annual offer came through last week. June 18-September 18. Can either choose Gold or Platinum - intermin status offered through the trial period. You retain Platinum until January 31 with 12,500 EQM and retain Gold with 7,000 EQM.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:44 pm

I received anther, significantly better offer this afternoon.

August 15-November 15
Platinum - 12,500 EQM
Gold - 7,000 EQM

Status through January 31, 2021

I tried to register for the last challenge, but for some reason I wasn't registered. I now see that the language in these offers allows for one challenge every 24 months. I am not sure when my last challenge was - I attempted to sign up for this one, so we will see.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I received anther, significantly better offer this afternoon.

August 15-November 15
Platinum - 12,500 EQM
Gold - 7,000 EQM

Status through January 31, 2021

I tried to register for the last challenge, but for some reason I wasn't registered. I now see that the language in these offers allows for one challenge every 24 months. I am not sure when my last challenge was - I attempted to sign up for this one, so we will see.
But no EQD requirement?

Were there any JV ticketing requirements on that as well?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:00 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
Originally Posted by enpremiere
But no EQD requirement?

Were there any JV ticketing requirements on that as well?
I received the same with EQD requirements too.

2,000 for Platinum; 1,000 for Gold

Any recent data points on how long to confirm? I may book some flights in October, but want the status challenge to be confirmed first.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Received offer a few weeks ago. Immediately get Platinum then keep it by meeting the following before 10/31:
12,500 EQM
1,500 EQD

I'd never make this flying AA but after extensive research, I'll just make it - by about 80 EQD - by flying a JAL ticket for a quick trip to Asia (as on a JL ticket, the EQDs are based on a percentage of mileage flown, not fare paid). That, combined with a few domestic flights, will get me Platinum status through 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.