Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How many elites are there in AAdvantage? (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I agree. Before info is released, someone in every large organization asks whether the recipients have any need-to-know the data, and if not, the info stays inside. There are plenty of examples.

Delta is now hiding the awards redemption chart from its own customers, and presumably, those folks have an interest in knowing how many miles their next award seat should cost.

Following September 11, 2001, AA edited its fleet pages to remove most of the performance data that had previously been shared. Obviously, the Boeing site still lists all the data, but the AA pages don't.

The current fleet pages of the US Airways site don't even list the number of seats on each airplane, while Seat Guru and Seat Expert don't agree on the seat count of several fleet types.

Exactly. As long as my upgrade clears, the total number of EXPs simply doesn't matter.
But if the airline makes the seat maps public, people can count the seats, right? On some routes, this might (in principle, depending on what you mean by seat counts) vary if some seats are blocked for pilot rest.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
How Many AA Elites?

Reading through the forums I see a lot of MM, EXP, and PLAT members sharing their experiences. This got me to wonder just how many AA elites are out there? Any guesses?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A potload. Previously discussed, but still no genuinely useful answers and the information is proprietary.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Reading through the forums I see a lot of MM, EXP, and PLAT members sharing their experiences. This got me to wonder just how many AA elites are out there? Any guesses?
Billions and billions.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
When they folded DM into Aadvantage, the memo said "millions of Dividend Preferred members will join the millions of AAdvantage members..."

So.... Lots.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:53 pm

At one point several years ago the number of AA elites was disclosed in round numbers but with the combination of US and AA there is no public information that I have seen.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum

Reviving this 15-year old discussion. Anyone has a more updated information on this i.e. number of exec Platinum vs. Platinum vs. gold?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This post has been pulled out of a 15 year old thread on this topic. Since that thread has no information which is remotely accurate in the current day, I've spun it into a new thread and relocated it to the Combined forum.

~Moderator
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Now with new AAdvantage details out, do you think there will be a reduction to the number of Exec Plats and elites overall?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
This question comes up regularly and the general consensus is that it's closely held information and if anyone here does know, they're not going to tell to you.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by naswi
Now with new AAdvantage details out, do you think there will be a reduction to the number of Exec Plats and elites overall?
Possibly, question is are they buying J and F today. If so, it is actually easier to get to EXP with the new program. Eg. previously LAX-HKG would earn ~25k EQP (8100 x 2 x 1.5 multiplier). Now that same route in paid J will get 32,400 EQM's.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
This question comes up regularly and the general consensus is that it's closely held information and if anyone here does know, they're not going to tell to you.
I'd agree - I suspect its proprietary information and we'll get a lot of guesses.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Too many.

Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
To many DYKWIAs, it is inconceivable that the number could be greater than 1.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
We know that 87% of American's passengers fly once or less per year. With that info, we can estimate that some portion of the remaining 13% are elite (in addition to LT members.)

From this article (http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...-in-2014.html/) it appears that AA has 195,650,765 revenue passenger miles. (I'm not sure if this means 195,650,765 passengers; correct me if I'm wrong.

With that info, 170,216,166 are not elite (except for some LT members.) Therefore, some portion of the remaining 13% are elite. Let's assume 10%. That would mean there can be as many as 19,565,077 elites.

What's your guess on the portion of the 13% that are elite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.