Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Taking one passenger off award reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club

I booked a MileSaver award ticket for my friend and I. Unfortunately now I have to leave a day earlier. Our reservation is on the same reservation. Is it possible to remove myself from that reservation? Are there any costs or repercussions to this?

I was also wondering, If I book a ticket for my friend using my miles and later cancel that ticket, is the cancellation free as it would be if I booked it for myself? Or would I have to pay the mileage redepositing fee because it's for someone else?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
You just take you name off, you are EP and the account the miles came from EP...EP rules apply

Later you can cancel him, your account- your EP rules apply
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
I booked a MileSaver award ticket for my friend and I. Unfortunately now I have to leave a day earlier. Our reservation is on the same reservation. Is it possible to remove myself from that reservation? Are there any costs or repercussions to this?
All you need to do is call in and let the agent know what you need to do. The agent will split the reservation into two PNRs (one for you and the other for your friend) and then you can adjust yours and leave his alone.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Perfect, thanks for the help. I figured it would work, but just wanted to confirm before I called and risked having some glitch screw it up where the entire reservation would be canceled.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
PNRs may be shared by several travelers but ticket numbers are not.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As AAdvantage itself is now the sole surviving programme between pmAA and pmUS, this is now the subject of the Consolidated forum, where I shall move it.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.