Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which AA/US routes seem to be overbooked the most?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Got an Eagle flight from ORD-SDF coming up soon that looks like it might end up being overbooked....I know the compensation varies, but I've not flown AA in awhile (mostly AS) and wondered if it was like UA where you'll get asked at the kiosk if you'd "like to take an alternate flight" in return for flight credit or if you just have to ask "do you need any volunteers?" when you get to the gate (preferably before they make the official announcement over the intercom).

Are there any particular routes where they always seem to be asking for volunteers? Can you volunteer if you're in first class? (I ask that because it's been a hassle to get bumped from F on UA when it is Y that is technically overbooked)
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Anything into or out of Reno. Very under-served airport. Even when there are open seats on the Eagle flights to LAX, they still end up needing volunteers due to weight.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Anything out of south Florida on a cruise day. And yes, I have volunteered my F class seat and when reaccommodated was put back in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.