Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by ysolde
The options are:

Spinach stuffed ravioli topped with gouda creme

Blackened salmon with creole rice, broccolini, and roasted corn relish

Char Siu duck with curry lime sauce, coconut rice, and sauteed spinach

Coffee crusted beef filet with red wine sauce, roasted potatoes, and sauteed spinach
American Airlines + Europe + Char Siu Duck? I'm afraid I'd have to let me curiosity get the best of me there, and I'd take one in the name of science.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by arlflyer
American Airlines + Europe + Char Siu Duck? I'm afraid I'd have to let me curiosity get the best of me there, and I'd take one in the name of science.
Tell me about it. There's also Asian noodles with chili sauce (I think) on the flight back. I think I'll skip those.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by 0335th
It's all a matter of opinion.

I don't care how many articles are written or how educated you think you are on the subject. It's still personal taste and opinion.
Agree to disagree, then.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
It's all a matter of opinion.
Amen. I just flew AA Intl. C for the first time after years on UA and thought it wasn't bad at all........for airline food on a US based carrier in C.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cmd320
I feel like it's pretty easy to differentiate between AA's domestic/intl catering and what is found on QR, CX, SQ, LX, EK, QF, JL, etc. in a premium cabin. I mean, I suppose if your personal taste preference is towards that of a deep frozen meal made in Laos 7 months ago, then yes, what AA serves is probably about on par with that of the rest of the superior airlines of the world.
I'm not saying that some aren't leaps and bounds better than the others. I'm saying that none of it is really that "good". At the end of the day it is all still "airline food". Like I said, My taste buds and stomach do not have airplane mode. It's black and white. It's either something good that I look forward to eating or it is just something I'm going to eat to keep from being hungry.

I was in J on CX from JFK-HKG-JFK last year and food still wasn't what I'd call in my opinion "good".

But all that is a matter of personal opinion.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AA Catering is still Disgusting

Flew EWR-MIA in F evening last week. Chicken dish was just not edible. Passenger sitting next to me also threw in the towel after poking it.

At least I had the soup in AAdmirals Club. Should have took a bowl to go.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Just had the duck on JFK-GIG yesterday. When I pre-booked it it was called Char Siu Duck, but on the menus it was just Roasted Duck. It was actually pretty tasty.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I had salmon last week from DTW-PHX. I know it was salmon because that is what I was told by the FA. Otherwise I would have guessed on off color very tough piece of chicken. It was so tough I couldn't even cut it with a knife.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
Flew EWR-MIA in F evening last week. Chicken dish was just not edible. Passenger sitting next to me also threw in the towel after poking it.

At least I had the soup in AAdmirals Club. Should have took a bowl to go.
I'm extremely thankful for the new Centurion Lounge in MIA. It makes flying AA slightly tolerable.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Airline food, no matter what airline it is, foreign or domestic, has horrible food!
Not at all.

I've had quite a few memorable meals on aircraft; me and my now-spouse still remember the wonderful lunch we had on LH F in 2002, worth of a Michelin-starred restaurant (and we've eaten at many). I've since had more excellent meals that I would pay for at a restaurant, on BA (before their cuts) and QR. Just never on AA (or other U.S.-based airlines).
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justforfun
When I pre-booked it it was called Char Siu Duck, but on the menus it was just Roasted Duck. It was actually pretty tasty.
Same thing; char siu is a way of roasting meat (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_siu).

Originally Posted by justforfun
It was actually pretty tasty.
Good to know! ^
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
Flew EWR-MIA in F evening last week. Chicken dish was just not edible.
I urge you to www.aa.com/contactaa
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
I will never understand how on a $2500+ TATL or TPAC business or first ticket, AA can't be bothered to spend more than $20 on food for premium cabin customers. Ridiculous...
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by hillrider
Not at all.

I've had quite a few memorable meals on aircraft; me and my now-spouse still remember the wonderful lunch we had on LH F in 2002, worth of a Michelin-starred restaurant (and we've eaten at many).
I'd respectfully suggest that 13 years of nostalgia and perhaps the company is occluding your collective memory!

I am with 0355th on this topic. Furthermore, the last thing I want (not to mention need) is a thousand or more calories and then to sit on my arse or try and sleep for hours.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mikekelley
I will never understand how on a $2500+ TATL or TPAC business or first ticket, AA can't be bothered to spend more than $20 on food for premium cabin customers. Ridiculous...
I would be pretty surprised if the figure were even that high with today's catering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.