Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by SEA737

Ah that's interesting. Just wondering though, these reports were where? This was far from automatic when I arrived, more of an automatic rejection, and then they called everyone else to confirm, and they said no too (again, back in Jan). Just luckily at the same time someone else on CX departing with access saw it and guested me in.

This thread has several reports, the CX thread does as well. Up until a month or two ago, and your comments, I was unaware of any not getting the automatic invite to FFD on arrival.

I guess this is all irrelevant now. Whatever "loophole" existed appears to be closed.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
This thread has several reports, the CX thread does as well. Up until a month or two ago, and your comments, I was unaware of any not getting the automatic invite to FFD on arrival.

I guess this is all irrelevant now. Whatever "loophole" existed appears to be closed.
SFO777 reported last year he was denied entry to the JFK FFD on his arrival on CX in F.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:22 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by ikwia
Does LAX not give FFD access to BA F customers like MIA and DFW do? I could certainly imagine this being the case since LAX has a FC lounge accessible to BA F customers (the Qantas lounge)
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, no FD access at LAX for BA F pax since there's a dedicated F lounge they can access (QF F lounge) as you mentioned.
Greetings all,

Have a MIA > LHR flight next week in F on BA metal and based on these posts am I correct in thinking I will have access to FFD @ MIA?

(doubt it matters but am also an EXP too.)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by J.Edward

Greetings all,

Have a MIA > LHR flight next week in F on BA metal and based on these posts am I correct in thinking I will have access to FFD @ MIA?

(doubt it matters but am also an EXP too.)
Yes. you should have access, and no, EXP shouldn't matter.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:24 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by SEA737
Yes. you should have access, and no, EXP shouldn't matter.
Thanks.

Looking forward to trying it out! ^

Final question: I’m arriving the day before, on the same ticket, and spending the night at MIA on a 23hr connection before continuing on to LHR on BA F. Assuming I can get my onward MIA > LHR boarding pass when I check in for my xxx > MIA, will I be able to access FFD when I arrive in MIA?

Itinerary: xxx > MIA > LHR > yyy
Day 1: xxx > MIA - AA metal, BA flight number, booked into I
- - - 23 hr connection - - -
Day 2: MIA > LHR - BA metal, BA flight number, booked into Z
- - - 3 hr connection - - -
Day 3: LHR > yyy - BA metal, BA flight number, booked into J

Obviously I’ll have access to FFD on Day 2 when leaving MIA but don’t know if I’ll have access when arriving at MIA on Day 1, even though I’m already in transit and presumably checked in with BPs in hand for my two upcoming flights.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
To each his own. But that's just silly! The squid are worth the trip to QF, but the rest of the food is nothing special and the booze is trash. Not to mention the crowds & the service. (Although FFD service since the changeover has admittedly gone down.)
There are many times during the day the QF lounge is very quiet and for those that arent big drinkers of alcohol the non alcoholic selections - particularly coffee - are night and day better at the QF lounge.

Up until a month or two ago, it was an automatic. Literally, dozen's and dozen's of reports of FFD on arrival, so something changed in the last month or two. Since opening, I was 10 for 10 - all of which were offered by lounge agent. (I never had to ask.)
Indeed, its a bummer as my experiences over past couple years is the invite to FFD on arrival for CX First was automatic . I never thought the food was very good at FFD but it was so nice and quiet after coming off a long flight.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
I am flying LAX-JFK-BOS in first on transcon. Obviously I will have access to FFD in LAX but will I be granted access in JFK as well? Connecting the next day on BA but don’t think that matters.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by WorldClub
I am flying LAX-JFK-BOS in first on transcon. Obviously I will have access to FFD in LAX but will I be granted access in JFK as well? Connecting the next day on BA but don’t think that matters.
Yep you'll have access at both LAX and JFK, 3-class F on AA metal provides access both when arriving and departing.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Yes, upon arrival you'll have access, regardless if you were connecting to BOS.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
Thank you both!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: Global Entry

I don't think you will have access to FFD at JFK.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by flyinggum
I don't think you will have access to FFD at JFK.
Incorrect, as mentioned above.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:37 am

Does anyone know if I will be granted access to FFD on an arriving flight if flying LHR - DFW - CLE with the LHR-DFW portion on BA metal 744 first class (award ticketed through AA)?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by jdbcc
Does anyone know if I will be granted access to FFD on an arriving flight if flying LHR - DFW - CLE with the LHR-DFW portion on BA metal 744 first class (award ticketed through AA)?
You will not have FFD access on arrival on a BA flight.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
You will not have FFD access on arrival on a BA flight.
I"m not sure about this. Are you saying that because it's an award ticket? When I asked about BA F access in DFW a few days after they opened, they specifically said full fare paid F only, but since then, agents in MIA have said that is incorrect and that DFW follows the same rules that they do in MIA, and that F BA award tickets are granted access.

Anyone have additional data? jdbcc, in this case, regardless of what's posted here, I would suggest trying...can't hurt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.