Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 6:30 pm

Has there been any update at all about a PHL flagship lounge?
Old May 21, 2019, 7:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by quitecryptic
Has there been any update at all about a PHL flagship lounge?
Not according to Guide to Lounge Changes: Flagship Lounge, Admirals Club, etc.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
At MIA, after arriving in BA F, I was informed that if I couldn't show proof of an onward flight, then I couldn't access FFD. I asked if this was specific to being on BA, and was told that it also applies to AA flights. I told them this wasn't my understanding of the policy, and cited numerous reports (including my own) of using FFD upon arrival at LAX and JFK without an onward flight. I didn't want to keep arguing a point that was a theoretical in my case (i.e., I had a BP for onward travel on AA, although on a different PNR), but I did suggest that they "check on the policy", as they may be getting a lot of eligible customers without onward connections in light of the LAX-MIA 3 cabin service. And as I read the rules, if you can get airside on the day of your arrival in F, you should get access. (yes, I know you shouldn't be buying tickets just to get airside for lounge access, but it is reasonable to have onward travel on a non-OW carrier)
Old May 29, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ikwia
At MIA, after arriving in BA F, I was informed that if I couldn't show proof of an onward flight, then I couldn't access FFD. I asked if this was specific to being on BA, and was told that it also applies to AA flights. I told them this wasn't my understanding of the policy, and cited numerous reports (including my own) of using FFD upon arrival at LAX and JFK without an onward flight. I didn't want to keep arguing a point that was a theoretical in my case (i.e., I had a BP for onward travel on AA, although on a different PNR), but I did suggest that they "check on the policy", as they may be getting a lot of eligible customers without onward connections in light of the LAX-MIA 3 cabin service. And as I read the rules, if you can get airside on the day of your arrival in F, you should get access. (yes, I know you shouldn't be buying tickets just to get airside for lounge access, but it is reasonable to have onward travel on a non-OW carrier)
Yea, the 3-class transcons have always allowed access to the lounges on both ends. But they are unique.

But as a connecting BA pax you would be accessing the lounges under oneworld policy, which does require an onward oneworld flight. Basically as a an arriving BA F or J pax, if you didn't have an onward oneworld flight, you wouldn't be allowed into the Flagship Lounge to begin with, much less Flagship Dining.

Flagship Dining can be thought of as a lounge within a lounge, if you don't have an eligible flight that would get you into the FL then you won't be allowed to access FD either.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
But as a connecting BA pax you would be accessing the lounges under oneworld policy, which does require an onward oneworld flight. Basically as a an arriving BA F or J pax, if you didn't have an onward oneworld flight, you wouldn't be allowed into the Flagship Lounge to begin with, much less Flagship Dining.

Flagship Dining can be thought of as a lounge within a lounge, if you don't have an eligible flight that would get you into the FL then you won't be allowed to access FD either.
I get what you're saying...really. BUT -- 1) I get FSL access as a CK, and 2) I could say just the opposite, that if I have access to FFD, then I implicitly have access to FL (at least to pass through to get to FFD). I know the BA aspect clouds things, but by my reading, if i had come in on an AA international flight in F and somehow made it airside, then I should have access to FFD, regardless of whether i had FL access or an onward OW flight.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Has it been confirmed that those flying in BA F have FFD access? The FFD page seems pretty clear:
Departing flight must be marketed and operated by American on the same day (or before 6 a.m. the following day)

I might be flying BA F LHR-LAX and it would be nice if I had FFD access.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Is there an itinerary that would allow you to visit all four FFDs in a day?
Old May 29, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Is there an itinerary that would allow you to visit all four FFDs in a day?
Before the DFW lounge I think so, MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG in F would have been possible. With DFW perhaps if you did MIA-DFW-JFK-LAX-<somewhere in F> you could pull it off but not sure I'd want to do that.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by ryan182
Before the DFW lounge I think so, MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG in F would have been possible. With DFW perhaps if you did MIA-DFW-JFK-LAX-<somewhere in F> you could pull it off but not sure I'd want to do that.
considering that MIA FFD is not open early AM I think the only route is JFK-DFW-MIA-LAX-JFK/HKG. The DFW visit would be short, but doable.

this should be a challenge.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
considering that MIA FFD is not open early AM I think the only route is JFK-DFW-MIA-LAX-JFK/HKG. The DFW visit would be short, but doable.

this should be a challenge.
good point, that routing sounds terrible though! I rather spend more time at 1 or 2 than fly back and forth to hit all of them but being as this is FT I'm guessing someone is working out how to pull this off right now
Old May 29, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Has it been confirmed that those flying in BA F have FFD access? The FFD page seems pretty clear:

I might be flying BA F LHR-LAX and it would be nice if I had FFD access.
I have confirmed it numerous times in MIA, and once in DFW. And I’ve now been twice in MIA and seen probably a dozen plus BA flyers access it in MIA. I have no data points on LAX or JFK, but I’m guessing no access for BA in JFK since they have a CCR.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
Has it been confirmed that those flying in BA F have FFD access? The FFD page seems pretty clear:I might be flying BA F LHR-LAX and it would be nice if I had FFD access.
My understanding is that some airlines, such as CX, pay AA to have their F pax access to the FFD, but only when another true OW F lounge is not available. Example, access at JFK, but not at LAX.

Now the BA situation is a little more complex. LAX-LHR, for example, is covered by the JV, so revenue is shared anyway, so why not grant access to the premium on ground experience for BA F flyers, but then again, logic doesn't always prevail.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
My understanding is that some airlines, such as CX, pay AA to have their F pax access to the FFD, but only when another true OW F lounge is not available. Example, access at JFK, but not at LAX.

Now the BA situation is a little more complex. LAX-LHR, for example, is covered by the JV, so revenue is shared anyway, so why not grant access to the premium on ground experience for BA F flyers, but then again, logic doesn't always prevail.
I've also seen the AA attendants mess this up. My mother and I were granted access to the FFD section of LAX when on CX F LAX-HKG last October. I just smiled and took the invitation and didn't say anything.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lds89
I've also seen the AA attendants mess this up. My mother and I were granted access to the FFD section of LAX when on CX F LAX-HKG last October. I just smiled and took the invitation and didn't say anything.
Nice to hear it work out in the pax favor once in awhile!
Old May 30, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Nice to hear it work out in the pax favor once in awhile!
It was too bad we had already eaten at Qantas F and knew we had a feast ahead of us, otherwise we would've eaten. We definitely enjoyed a glass or two of the Krug, though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.