Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Workinonit
If I have an AA award flight in F from JFK-BOS (AA) then BOS-HKG (CX) on the same itinerary, will I qualify for FFD at JFK? Thanks
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Technically, no, you don't qualify, as access for CX F passengers is specifically for those departing on a CX flight ex-JFK.
100% you will not have access at JFK. Multiple reports say on several variations of this... JFK-ORD-HKG, JFK-LAX-HKG (JFK-LAX in biz)... etc.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:24 am

Thanks so much for clarifying. Would the same logic apply for access to the Flagship lounge (i.e., the CX flight needs to be ex-JFK)?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Workinonit
Thanks so much for clarifying. Would the same logic apply for access to the Flagship lounge (i.e., the CX flight needs to be ex-JFK)?
Different logic. You will definitely have access to the Flagship Lounge.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
Here's one. Flying JFK-(AA)-xBOS-(CX)-HKG on AA and CX First.

I get access to Flagship 'cause Emerald.

My query is would I have access to FFD at JFK by way of the CX First BOS to HKG?
Well, I pleasantly asked three times (check in, lounge entry & FFD) and was pleasantly denied three times.

Basically, I was advised the CX First flight needed to be departing JFK.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 13, 2019 at 6:46 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Is Flagship Dining JFK accessible for passengers connecting from transcon F (LAX/SFO to avoid any doubts) to international in J?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Is Flagship Dining JFK accessible for passengers connecting from transcon F (LAX/SFO to avoid any doubts) to international in J?
Yes just show your inbound boarding pass
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Sam Chui is reporting that BA First flyers get access to FFD (at least at MIA, but implied everywhere). Is this accurate? I've never seen this reported.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by ikwia
Sam Chui is reporting that BA First flyers get access to FFD (at least at MIA, but implied everywhere). Is this accurate? I've never seen this reported.
Curious if BA First will now get access given the new BA/AA co-terminal at JFK T8. Given the number of flights and number of F seats on each flight, it would likely overwhelm AA FFD, but who knows.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Finsup72
Curious if BA First will now get access given the new BA/AA co-terminal at JFK T8. Given the number of flights and number of F seats on each flight, it would likely overwhelm AA FFD, but who knows.
That is 2022... at the earliest. And BA just redid their lounges in T7. This will most likely not affect T8 for several years.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
That is 2022... at the earliest. And BA just redid their lounges in T7. This will most likely not affect T8 for several years.
I mean in 2022. Far out obviously but curious to AA's thinking.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Finsup72
I mean in 2022. Far out obviously but curious to AA's thinking.
Got it, and agreed. Somehow, I think BA needs to add its own clubs; or maybe this will be one the first airports with one of the just-announced OW lounges.

I don't think the FL & FF dining are not big enough to absorb that many flights.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Global321
maybe this will be one the first airports with one of the just-announced OW lounges..
Years back, there was a OneWorld lounge in LAX TBIT (before the TBIT refurbishment). It was nothing special. Hope the new ones are nicer.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
Menu to JFK FFD for Feb 15, 2019 and some items.

Drinks and yes many glasses of Krug were offered and accepted.

Menu

Dessert

Soup

Beet and Buratta Salad

Beef Tenderloin

Poe de Creme. I found if I added some more salt to this "Salted Caramel" it was more flavorful.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Sounds like a new way to access FFD -- the recent AA press release regarding Blade mentions FFD with "Five Star Select" service.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by ikwia
Sounds like a new way to access FFD -- the recent AA press release regarding Blade mentions FFD with "Five Star Select" service.
I've been to FFD... and $300 extra for the "FS Select" is not worth it, IMO. Unless you will be there 4+ hours and your liver is prepared to consume enough Krug to offset it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.