Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum or oneworld Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Thanks, I told them not to expect both of them to get in to FFD, but if they do, to enjoy it.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 777lover
Not sure, but what jumped out st me was that it was arrival from yvr with a continuation on AA domestically. So Canada to US which historically not offered lounge access unless continuing on an international flight.

The reports that I have seen were either canada to us connecting to London and access granted. Or obviously the other way us AA to jfk and cx to yvr, access granted. Or cx hkg jfk connecting to Aa domestically with acccess granted.

Definiteky a YMMV.

IT shouldn't be YMMV it is in black and white, that if you are arriving on CX in F you have access to FFD, but the lounge dragon working that day didn't know the rules, which seems to be the case most of the time.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: free agent
I have MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG (all segments will be in F and AA metal). I should have no issue with entering MIA FFD as long I show lounge dragon my JFK-LAX-HKG F ticket ?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by washeelers747
I have MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG (all segments will be in F and AA metal). I should have no issue with entering MIA FFD as long I show lounge dragon my JFK-LAX-HKG F ticket ?
You shouldn't, but in reality, you might, according to previous experiences reported in this thread.. However, it would be kinda cool to hit FFD in MIA, JFK and LAX all in one trip! Good luck, and please report back.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:33 pm

That is a dedicated FF there. Congrats on routing. (I guess)? 😳
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
it would be kinda cool to hit FFD in MIA, JFK and LAX all in one trip! Good luck, and please report back.
Originally Posted by shaddie

That is a dedicated FF there. Congrats on routing. (I guess)? 😳
Absolutely will report back, but we gotta wait till September before I can share my experience

Yeah, I gotta owe a big thank you to smart people behind ITA matrix powertools for making this routing (and applying SWU) a reality!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:02 pm

Are you connecting same day from MIA-JFK-LAX? If so, yes - if not, no.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Can I access Flagship Dining?

Hey folks - hope this is just a quick one, but didn't see the answer immediately available.

We're doing SFO to JFK (with a 12 hour layover) and then JFG to CDG.

Both legs were booked as I class although I upgraded SFO-JFK to Flagship First using miles (although I can't find the current class on AA.com)

The AA site says:
If youre flying on American Airlines in Flagship First on qualifying international or transcontinental flights you automatically have access.*
It sounds like my SFO-JFK leg qualifies. But I'm curious if the JFK-CDG I class would qualify since that's only a two class plane?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Both legs qualify. You stopped reading too quickly.

No FL at SFO, so no Dining. But, you would qualify if there were a FL.
No access to Dining at JFK, but you do have access to the FL as you are travellling in J.

How you get into F or J, e.g. paid, vs. redemption vs. UG is not relevant.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
The JFK-CDG segment would not qualify for dining but would for Flagship Lounge in JFK, as that is in business class.

Often1 is wrong again.

Your SFO-JFK flagship first segment will qualify you for Flagship First Dining in JFK.

enjoy!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Originally Posted by nachosdelux

Your SFO-JFK flagship first segment will qualify you for Flagship First Dining in JFK.
Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
+1
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:15 pm

You will be fine in FFD in JFK after your SFO-JFK transcon. Done the FFD many times after a LAX-JFK in first and JFK-LHR in business
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:35 am

If I have an AA award flight in F from JFK-BOS (AA) then BOS-HKG (CX) on the same itinerary, will I qualify for FFD at JFK? Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Workinonit
If I have an AA award flight in F from JFK-BOS (AA) then BOS-HKG (CX) on the same itinerary, will I qualify for FFD at JFK? Thanks
Technically, no, you don't qualify, as access for CX F passengers is specifically for those departing on a CX flight ex-JFK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.