Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:15 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW FFD

One of two tables: but excellent food and service. Out of Palmes D’Or Champagne.

Amuse Bouche: Smoked salmon poke bowl…..it’s okay, not the best

Focaccia bread; skippable.

Artichoke dish: really delicious

Middle eastern meatball; Abit over salted, but smell and spices were delicious.

Bison: Always excellent; haven’t had a bad one yet.

Tiramisu: My go to dessert.

Flagship Dessert: Lava cake, Abit too sweet for my tastes….
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
When was this? Hopefully the Palmes D’Or is back in stock soon..

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
One of two tables: but excellent food and service. Out of Palmes D’Or Champagne.

Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:37 pm
formerly wchinchen

Originally Posted by SEA737
Today.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SEA737
Is LPGS not the regular champagne there anymore?

DFW always does weird amouse bouches that really arent 1 bite. I find their menu the least desireable of the 2 or 3 when JFK was around. Had some execution issues there as well. But just a pesonal thing on their menu with what I like.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:07 pm
formerly wchinchen

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Is LPGS not the regular champagne there anymore?
LPGS is no longer the regular champagne at DFW; I think the changed occurred on or around Fall of 2023?

I'm just ordering Johnny Walker Blue while they figure out their supply chain.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:22 pm

LPGS is no longer the regular champagne at DFW; I think the changed occurred on or around Fall of 2023?

I'm just ordering Johnny Walker Blue while they figure out their supply chain.
Interesting, I did not know this. I like LPGS. However, I have an upcoming Chelsea visit and its going to be a huge let down if they dont have Krug and I have to "settle" for LPGS.

MIA had Don Julio 1942 consistently there for a while, that was very nice.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
LPGS at DFW ran out on my date of entry, 11/04 and was replaced with Palmes D’Or.

Last edited by safari ari; Jan 22, 2024 at 4:40 pm
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Any hope or LAX FFD coming back?
Going through there this summer and can use QF F, but would have been interested in a comparison….
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by socalterp
Any hope or LAX FFD coming back?
Going through there this summer and can use QF F, but would have been interested in a comparison….
Well AA site does still show it as temporarily closed......so you never know.......But I'm going to say 99.9% of that being a No, sadly.
Global321 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
DFW IAH LHR with IAH LHR in BA F. Will I have access to DFW Flagship Dining? I know I would if my flight from a connecting airport was on AA Flagship First but does BA F qualify from a connecting airport on the same day?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by asnovici
DFW IAH LHR with IAH LHR in BA F. Will I have access to DFW Flagship Dining? I know I would if my flight from a connecting airport was on AA Flagship First but does BA F qualify from a connecting airport on the same day?
Probably not but worth a shot asking when you enter the DFW FL. Just tell them you're flying same day F.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Probably not but worth a shot asking when you enter the DFW FL. Just tell them you're flying same day F.
That is the plan. If one reads the rules, it says it needs to be the same day international qualifying First class flight with a three-class aircraft. But i fully realize how agents at the door may not be well versed in understanding their own rules.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:20 am

Well, I must report that our visit to FFD at DFW 2 weeks ago was borderline miserable! What a joke of a product. The bartender had loads of attitude and was very passive-aggressive. There was no stemware to make proper drinks. They kept pushing us to hurry up and eat or we might have to be “re-admitted” with a new invite?? We finally did sit down for a meal and our server was actually very kind and efficient but they already were out of several items. The food we did order was “Ok” but nothing really special. Definitely would NEVER pay or use Loyalty rewards for this experience as the regular lounge is plenty nice and I prefer making my own drinks anyhow! Headed back through DFW next week and will be very happy skipping FFD!
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Pct70
Well, I must report that our visit to FFD at DFW 2 weeks ago was borderline miserable! What a joke of a product. The bartender had loads of attitude and was very passive-aggressive. There was no stemware to make proper drinks. They kept pushing us to hurry up and eat or we might have to be “re-admitted” with a new invite?? We finally did sit down for a meal and our server was actually very kind and efficient but they already were out of several items. The food we did order was “Ok” but nothing really special. Definitely would NEVER pay or use Loyalty rewards for this experience as the regular lounge is plenty nice and I prefer making my own drinks anyhow! Headed back through DFW next week and will be very happy skipping FFD!
Sounds just about right. I have always thought DFW FFD has the least professional service, younger employees and just a lack of leadership. I also dont like that FL at all. MIA is far better imo.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:31 pm
formerly wchinchen

Plames D’OR back at DFW

Happy to announce at DFW Palmer’s D’Or is back in stock at FFD at DFW today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.