Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 12, 22, 5:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ps9a
Wiki Link
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)

Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 26, 22, 2:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Where do yo get they should have denied him access? I see that no where in a simple reading:

"Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges."

I am on a similar itinerary that I booked specifically to use the FFD at DFW. DFW-LAX-LHR in FF. The EP desk told me i should have access at Dallas.
Old Sep 26, 22, 2:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34 View Post
They let you pay $150 to enter FFD? Was that a one off offer or in the terms somewhere?
$150 just to enter the FL. I think they were offering FFD for sale though for a while there but maybe only to elites, not sure.

I had skipped a shower at home with the intention to shower at LAX then take the quick flight to SF to catch the red eye to JFK. So yes I paid $150 and literally showered and left. 20 min of arguing (well really just talking) got me nowhere so I paid. They just kept showing me their screens which were on the AA site looking at access and kept saying "nowhere is LA to SF listed as a FF flight". I find while MIA has some more arrogant lounge agents, LA has incompetent/lacking intelligence agents.
Old Sep 26, 22, 2:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Where do yo get they should have denied him access? I see that no where in a simple reading:

"Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges."

I am on a similar itinerary that I booked specifically to use the FFD at DFW. DFW-LAX-LHR in FF. The EP desk told me i should have access at Dallas.
You should absolutely be let in but those rules you posted could be made more user friendly. They should say you can enter any FL/FFD along the way on the same day journey. They could make it even more clear is all. At MIA I was denied once b/c I was told "you cant have 2 FFD's in the same day". Ridiculous !
Global321 likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Sep 29, 22 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 26, 22, 10:43 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I did a jaunt a few weeks ago touching 3 FL's (2 FFDs) each way on a weekend, Miami's FFD was head and shoulders above JFK's. The server was of restaurant quality, the food, in my opinion, was better, and the lounge area actually had a place to sit other than the dining tables, which for how hectic the MIA FL was, allowed for me to do work, while still enjoying some of the elevated bar offerings.
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by kanny View Post
That was an interesting experience at the DFW FL/FFD. The computer did not accept my SFO-JFK boarding pass, and after some research by the staff, they ended up letting me into FFD. Halfway through my stay, I went to the bathroom, and one of the staff who was involved with my checkin asked to speak to me to say that according to her supervisor, the website states that I didn't have access to DFW. As I was leaving the FL, I asked the same person where on the website it states that, and she pointed to the Transcon section, where it doesn't speak at all to which FFD location one is allowed. I did some more brief arguing as an academic exercise and asked that they update the website, as it's clear to me that I should have access. Left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth, but I'm happy I got to enjoy it for the first time.

Finished off 3 apps, 3 entrees, and the cornbread for dessert (they didn't have ice cream, which was my choice). They were all quite fantastic. I must've finished an entire bottle of LPGS, but it honestly distinctly tasted exactly like our go to $14 sparkling wine. Also had JWBlue, which was great but not my thing. Left a decent tip (based on perceived value of just the food), even though I know I didn't need to, as the service was fantastic, and I was there for a while.

Had the Steak & Eggs at the JFK FFD, and it was just bad. No other options appealed to me, and I would've been better off using the FL buffet.
Who was the agent that tried to chase you out? I will be there in a couple months and want to make sure I avoid her. Also, was your transcon on the same or a separate ticket as your DFW-SFO segment?
Old Sep 28, 22, 9:50 am

Who was the agent that tried to chase you out? I will be there in a couple months and want to make sure I avoid her. Also, was your transcon on the same or a separate ticket as your DFW-SFO segment?
I don't know who it is, but it was a supervisor (whom I never saw) who provided guidance to the agent. I just faulted the presentation of the message and timing of everything.

It was a separate ticket, although that was never an issue based on all the discussions (and shouldn't be based on the guidelines on the website). I especially remember a statement by the initial agent who said, "I don't see the international portion," but that was just when they were figuring out whether or not I had access to the FL. The FFD was another few minutes of discussion. I'm curious to see if you have any issues. Apologies in advance if this inadvertently affects your access.

Last edited by kanny; Sep 28, 22 at 10:05 am
Old Sep 28, 22, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
My personal opinion is that it's pretty clear that you stretched the access rules, then took more than full advantage by ordering and consuming seven items, an entire bottle of wine and the most expensive possible liquor, then felt the need to argue your case with the staff after they did you a favor. IMHO, they should have denied you access and would have been correct in doing so.
Also, what I consumed is a drop in a bucket compared to the lost value (tangible and intangible) from irrops over the years that were well under the control of AA (non acts of God/war related).
Old Sep 30, 22, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by kanny View Post
I don't know who it is, but it was a supervisor (whom I never saw) who provided guidance to the agent. I just faulted the presentation of the message and timing of everything.

It was a separate ticket, although that was never an issue based on all the discussions (and shouldn't be based on the guidelines on the website). I especially remember a statement by the initial agent who said, "I don't see the international portion," but that was just when they were figuring out whether or not I had access to the FL. The FFD was another few minutes of discussion. I'm curious to see if you have any issues. Apologies in advance if this inadvertently affects your access.
ah, I feel better now. My DFW - LAX flight is on the same ticket as the LAX-LHR so it makes sense that the computer should let me in with that DFW departing ticket since its linked to an international segment. (Though I do agree with you that you should have had access based on the printed rules).

I'll be hitting 5 airports that day in all. Soo DFW and LAX should be both good for FL. Den-DFW is a different ticket though so I'm curious if they will just let me into the AC based on a later intl segment or if I'll have the same issue as you? Even if they don't let me in, Its no biggie there as I can go to the Centurion lounge.

Then after my overnight, I land in LHR - what is the Flagship First equivalent there? BA First or BA Concorde?
Finally I have a seperate BA ticket from LHR - AMS. Is there an arrival lounge at AMS? I really don't care as I'll go strait to hotel but I'm mostly curious.
Old Sep 30, 22, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
ah, I feel better now. My DFW - LAX flight is on the same ticket as the LAX-LHR so it makes sense that the computer should let me in with that DFW departing ticket since its linked to an international segment. (Though I do agree with you that you should have had access based on the printed rules).

I'll be hitting 5 airports that day in all. Soo DFW and LAX should be both good for FL. Den-DFW is a different ticket though so I'm curious if they will just let me into the AC based on a later intl segment or if I'll have the same issue as you? Even if they don't let me in, Its no biggie there as I can go to the Centurion lounge.

Then after my overnight, I land in LHR - what is the Flagship First equivalent there? BA First or BA Concorde?
Finally I have a seperate BA ticket from LHR - AMS. Is there an arrival lounge at AMS? I really don't care as I'll go strait to hotel but I'm mostly curious.
Long day in the saddle!!

At LHR, you’ll get into the Galleries Club lounge with a business class ticket or Oneworld Sapphire status. You’ll get into the BA First lounge with Oneworld Emerald. You can only get into Concorde Room if your DFW-LHR is in First.

If you’re coming in on AA (T3) and have the time and inclination, you could use the very good AA arrivals lounge before heading to T5 for the AMS flight. No arrivals lounge in AMS and you wouldn’t have access anyway coming off a short haul.
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post
Long day in the saddle!!

At LHR, you’ll get into the Galleries Club lounge with a business class ticket or Oneworld Sapphire status. You’ll get into the BA First lounge with Oneworld Emerald. You can only get into Concorde Room if your DFW-LHR is in First.

If you’re coming in on AA (T3) and have the time and inclination, you could use the very good AA arrivals lounge before heading to T5 for the AMS flight. No arrivals lounge in AMS and you wouldn’t have access anyway coming off a short haul.
My LAX- LHR is AA Flagship first. So that will actually get me into Concorde upon arrival in LHR?
Old Oct 1, 22, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC
My LAX- LHR is AA Flagship first. So that will actually get me into Concorde upon arrival in LHR?
Yes
Old Oct 1, 22, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Titanium
October 2022 Visit DFW Flagship First Dining

Latest drink menu from DFW FFD

Dining menu DFW FFD

Dessert menu DFW FFD

Duck confit salad. Meat was very rubbery.

Quail was delicious.

Finished off with the peach tart!
ryanbriar and madmanshoney like this.
Old Oct 1, 22, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ForbesHall View Post

Latest drink menu from DFW FFD

Dining menu DFW FFD

Dessert menu DFW FFD

Duck confit salad. Meat was very rubbery.

Quail was delicious.

Finished off with the peach tart!
To be honest, this looks terrible.
Old Oct 1, 22, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Titanium
To be honest, it was better than I expected. But nowhere near as good as the JFK menu. I'll try the other half the menu on my way back next week.
Old Oct 1, 22, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post
Yes
I don’t think this will allow access to the CCR. Arrivals into T3, separate ticket to AMS, and recent changes to AA access. Worth trying, to be fair, but I,d be ready to accept lounge agent saying I,m sorry sir. Willing to be challenged on this though.

Search this Thread