Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship First Dining, located within certain select Flagship Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship First International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship First Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I liked the Dallas FL the 2 times I was there and the one time I did FFD was terrific - I stayed so long I missed boarding my next flight to LAX, but they still got me on the next plane.

Last weekend however, I went to the FL in LAX and was far from impressed. I had one small serving of sushi rolls then they ran out and never replenished. There was a good looking beef option on printed menu for the action station but when I asked they said it wouldn't be open today and hadn't been open for a long time. Based on the breakfast buffet while I was over there, I'd imagine the lunch buffet at the OW J lounge in TBIT would have been more to my liking. Other than drinking Balvenie and watching planes, there just wasn't much to the FL that I couldn't get at a Centurion Lounge without a flagship flight.

On the way back at JFK, I visited both the SoHo and the Chelsea, and I have to say I liked the SoHo food options better - the Asian pork belly and Fries was terriffic. I did have some great scotches at the Chelsea, but hey, if I can get free access to the SoHo as an EXP on any Intl flight out of JFK, its almost worth the routing thru there as opposed to the much more limited FL options in LAX or ORD etc.
Agree with you in general on LAX FL. Its my least fav. Its small and so crowded at peak times and also gets hot in summer. I think everything I have ever had there from the buffet is either just bad or so bland or never hot. I'm not a buffet person so could be that but I think that one is pretty bad.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 4:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I liked the Dallas FL the 2 times I was there and the one time I did FFD was terrific - I stayed so long I missed boarding my next flight to LAX, but they still got me on the next plane.

Last weekend however, I went to the FL in LAX and was far from impressed. I had one small serving of sushi rolls then they ran out and never replenished. There was a good looking beef option on printed menu for the action station but when I asked they said it wouldn't be open today and hadn't been open for a long time. Based on the breakfast buffet while I was over there, I'd imagine the lunch buffet at the OW J lounge in TBIT would have been more to my liking. Other than drinking Balvenie and watching planes, there just wasn't much to the FL that I couldn't get at a Centurion Lounge without a flagship flight.

On the way back at JFK, I visited both the SoHo and the Chelsea, and I have to say I liked the SoHo food options better - the Asian pork belly and Fries was terriffic. I did have some great scotches at the Chelsea, but hey, if I can get free access to the SoHo as an EXP on any Intl flight out of JFK, its almost worth the routing thru there as opposed to the much more limited FL options in LAX or ORD etc.
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Agree with you in general on LAX FL. Its my least fav. Its small and so crowded at peak times and also gets hot in summer. I think everything I have ever had there from the buffet is either just bad or so bland or never hot. I'm not a buffet person so could be that but I think that one is pretty bad.
I liked LAX a lot more than more than DFW when LAX had FFD. While the FL may be smaller (as was FFD), the FFD at LAX was top notch.

Last edited by CMTinPHL; Mar 21, 2024 at 4:39 am
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Just wrapped my first visit to DFW FFD. It was a nice experience notwithstanding being out of certain wines (habitual FFD / Chelsea issue).

It beats out pre-COVID LAX overall and would edge out JFK based on service (though there were a couple of great servers at JFK before it was replaced). Id also rank it above Chelsea. Service was on point in the dining area, though I was somewhat in no mans land in the bar area (server from the dining room checked in on me an few times and apologized for no bar staffing).

Palmes dOr was back in stock. It was fine, but not LPGS.

The featured red was unsurprisingly out of stock, as was the Chablis. Both Chardonnay options were very oaky so the only other white was the Riesling (did not try). The Pinot Noir was solid. Didnt lot to try the Cotes Du Rhone.

It is beyond me what AA cant line up this wine list with what is being served on board. I get that F is going away, but tonights champagne retails for $22

Amuse-bouche.

The bread course. I hadnt had gluten in 3+ months, but figured Id indulge a bit. It was ok.

Meatballs. Really good, but quite spicy. If you are not a fan of spice, Id ask them to reduce the sauce.

Bison strip loin with a side of fries. Pretty good, though would reduce the sauce next time. My main was between this Barramundi (healthier option).

Tiramisu was solid.

Makeshift TV at the bar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.