Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2023, 5:29 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by safari ari
Menu from 11/4.
Many thanks - looks super! Looking forward to my visit next week.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
LPGS Going Away

Was told by a staff member in DFW FFD dining yesterday that they will no longer be serving Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle and it has been “replaced by a $30 dollar bottle.” This change comes with the new menu that was introduced a few days ago. As of 11/4, they have 7 bottles of LPGS left…

Cheap AA.

Old Nov 5, 2023, 11:29 am
GLA

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Was told by a staff member in DFW FFD dining yesterday that they will no longer be serving Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle and it has been “replaced by a $30 dollar bottle.” This change comes with the new menu that was introduced a few days ago. As of 11/4, they have 7 bottles of LPGS left…

Cheap AA.

Given the price, it is surprising that BA keep it flowing so liberally in the CCR at LHR.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
The Feuillatte Palmes D'Or 2008 is a $150 bottle and sounds more premium to me than LPGS.
vulle and orbitmic like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
The Feuillatte Palmes D'Or 2008 is a $150 bottle and sounds more premium to me than LPGS.
Oh, you're right. I didn't look at the champagnes on the new menu very closely--I was just going off what the bartender told me.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I asked for this when I was there, server said they were out of all three options on the menu and had LPGS, which I didn’t have too much of an issue trading (and no real alternative). Spent a little too long going through two bottles, tried the “Affinity” Cab with my meal, which was fine, but not anything special, so switched back to the LPGS.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:13 pm

I had a chance to check out the Chelsea lounge a couple weeks ago for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were pouring both Krug and Louis Roederer Cristal 2012 (retailing upwards of $300/bottle) at the champagne bar. What a treat! I hope they don't cheapen this experience, as it makes the upgrade from J to F on transcon routes an absolute no-brainer!
vulle and Global321 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Menu from 11/4.

Now that's a menu I can get behind..
Bison
Pork Belly
Carbonara

I think I would have to arrive 4 hours before my flight!
Buster CT1K and GLA like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:59 pm

Curious question. With a 4-hour layover at DFW, is there a time limit for FFD at the FL? I believe there is a bar and dining tables. Can one not come and go as one pleases during a layover? For instance, can one have a drink or two at the bar and come back later for dinner?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:35 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Pct70
Curious question. With a 4-hour layover at DFW, is there a time limit for FFD at the FL? I believe there is a bar and dining tables. Can one not come and go as one pleases during a layover? For instance, can one have a drink or two at the bar and come back later for dinner?
Welcome to Flyertalk.

You can use FFD for as long as you desire, with full in/out privileges.
Pct70 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:21 am

Thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:42 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
I know this question has been asked before but I see the advice has not been 100% certain:

Flying same day, same ticket DFW-IAH-LHR, with IAH-LHR being in BA F, would I get FFD access at DFW?

Thank you and apologies if I misread above!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pH
I know this question has been asked before but I see the advice has not been 100% certain:

Flying same day, same ticket DFW-IAH-LHR, with IAH-LHR being in BA F, would I get FFD access at DFW?

Thank you and apologies if I misread above!
Yes, you will have access.
pH likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Any recent reports on whether the Palmes D’Or is flowing in DFW now? Presumably the LPGS has run out already

I asked for this when I was there, server said they were out of all three options on the menu and had LPGS, which I didn’t have too much of an issue trading (and no real alternative). Spent a little too long going through two bottles, tried the “Affinity” Cab with my meal, which was fine, but not anything special, so switched back to the LPGS.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:55 pm
GLA

Originally Posted by SEA737
Any recent reports on whether the Palmes D’Or is flowing in DFW now? Presumably the LPGS has run out already
I left the lounge an hour ago and confirm that it is, indeed, flowing. I thought it was very good but I am no connoisseur of champagne. I really liked the Affinity Cabernet Sauvignon.

The food and service were exemplary. The bison strip loin was very good and done exactly to medium as I ordered. One of the sauces for the meatballs was a bit too salty and that would be my only criticism. Tiramisu was lovely.
SEA737 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.