Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 27, 22, 5:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship First Dining, located within certain select Flagship Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold


Guest access
Flagship First International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)

Flagship First Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)


Locations

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 22:30

Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30


Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 29, 15, 2:59 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Posts: 543
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
As an interim measure, was never gonna be much more than this. Long term plans for AA at DFW are pretty exciting and will surprise in a -very- good way.

That having been said; internally at AA there is, in real time, some consternation and disappointment with the "punch" of this soft-opening. A considerable amount, in fact.
I always appreciate your comments. I am looking forward to the future at DFW.
Wollstonecraft is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 3:06 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 5,879
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
As an interim measure, was never gonna be much more than this. Long term plans for AA at DFW are pretty exciting and will surprise in a -very- good way.

That having been said; internally at AA there is, in real time, some consternation and disappointment with the "punch" of this soft-opening. A considerable amount, in fact.
Any definition for "Long term"..?
teemuflyer is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 3:16 pm
  #33  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat View Post
...I guess this looked much better on paper than the execution has promised?
I can't tell if it's angst about the softness of the soft opening or if it's that concomitant with a different look/feel/luxury-level than was intended. I just can say there's a certain "we gotta do better than this" sentiment among some. How universal that is, will have to wait and see a bit.

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
I always appreciate your comments. I am looking forward to the future at DFW.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Any definition for "Long term"..?
Well, you know I'm not overly shy about sharing details well in advance As soon as I can share deets that -won't- result in loss of employment for someone(s), I will happily spill accordingly.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 4:28 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: DCA
Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Posts: 2,085
From the pictures, it looks like for once the soft product actually looks pretty good. Three well-dressed, attentive servers. The food variety, selection, and freshness appear to be quite nice. Seeing as 95% of people in here will likely be EXPs, basically AA is providing us with a true enhancement (I guess they're using the closed BUF and SJU clubs to fund it).

The only complaint I would have is what everyone else has already mentioned with regard to the hard product - it looks like a catered meeting room, put together in haste. While the furniture, furnishings and serving ware all are adequate, there's just something about the room that doesn't quite.... mesh.
GotCalcio4 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 4:29 pm
  #35  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4 View Post
From the pictures, it looks like for once the soft product actually looks pretty good. Three well-dressed, attentive servers. The food variety, selection, and freshness appear to be quite nice. Seeing as 95% of people in here will likely be EXPs, basically AA is providing us with a true enhancement (I guess they're using the closed BUF and SJU clubs to fund it).

The only complaint I would have is what everyone else has already mentioned with regard to the hard product - it looks like a catered meeting room, put together in haste. While the furniture, furnishings and serving ware all are adequate, there's just something about the room that doesn't quite.... mesh.
Agreed with all, 100%.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 4:35 pm
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 12,809
Originally Posted by Piedmont767 View Post
Is anyone else underwhelmed by Flagship Dining? I was expecting something a bit like BA's Pre-flight Dining in New York, but mainly cold food? The food served should be in all Admirals Clubs not Flagship Dining. I'm disappointed tbh. =-/
It's about in par with what is offered in other FLs. Maybe slightly less but not much. For a first class product it's definitely lacking, there's no doubt about that. In many cases it's lacking even for a business class lounge and almost resembles what I expect to find at the walk-up "bar" on the 77W.

With that said, it is better than what had been offer at that location prior. For those with Centurion Lounge access that's still going to be the more substantial option. For those without, it's better than the AC. I almost wonder if it would help just to give F customers complimentary access to the AC food menu as well for a main course, similar to what QR does in the MIA AC for its J customers.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 6:25 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,473
I think it is a great first start. I don't want to over play the food for sell concept. Really the lunch offerings are quite nice. Being back and forth between this lounge and the AmEx lounge - two of us preferred to stay in this new lounge for lunch food over the AmEx lounge. I will check out the dinner offerings when I return from Asia on Monday.

Much more attention and service then you get from the AmEx lounge. Constantly asking and refilling drinks and Champagne. Really great check it agent at the front door. The manager was there also and greeted people.

It likely needs a sitting area in addition to the tables, but for now this works. I certainly don't want to down play this new lounge add on. Much bigger select of food than JFK and LAX FLs - just they offer a hot dish.
cova is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 6:34 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IAD
Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Posts: 1,159
Sorry if the answer is obvious but as an EXP flying back from HKG next Wed and then connecting domestically, will I have access? I believe I saw language somewhere which says "to/from" Europe, Asia etc... allows entry.
bevoinva is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 6:39 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 5,879
Originally Posted by bevoinva View Post
Sorry if the answer is obvious but as an EXP flying back from HKG next Wed and then connecting domestically, will I have access? I believe I saw language somewhere which says "to/from" Europe, Asia etc... allows entry.
Yep (as long as same day connection for the most part). Enjoy..
teemuflyer is offline  
Old Oct 31, 15, 3:27 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Yep (as long as same day connection for the most part). Enjoy..
You need the same day connection to get through security. But you need your international arrival boarding pass to get entry. BP is stamped at the check in counter on the first floor. Will be coming back from HKG on Monday so will post when I am in the lounge on Monday.
cova is offline  
Old Oct 31, 15, 6:11 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ft Worth, TX
Programs: AA, HH
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevoinva View Post
Sorry if the answer is obvious but as an EXP flying back from HKG next Wed and then connecting domestically, will I have access? I believe I saw language somewhere which says "to/from" Europe, Asia etc... allows entry.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer;
Yep (as long as same day connection for the most part). Enjoy..

This will not be as easy as it should be. I flew out on 29 Oct to HKG, I am EXP. The gate keeper at the door asked me if I was traveling in 'International First Class' I could enter. I showed her my boarding pass, I happened to be in J and it clearly said I was EXP, and she said no you can not come in. I went to the desk in the club and it took 10 min for the 4 people to figure out that an EXP on a international ticket could access the Flagship Lounge. AA has taken the time to set this up and open it but has done almost zero training of the staff in the club. YMMV.

As for the food, it was much better that the snack food that is put out in the club. They did have drinks out,
water - still and sparking
wine - Hess
Champagne - Taittinger
Beer - a selection
soft drinks
coffee/tea

Last edited by itchief; Oct 31, 15 at 6:18 am
itchief is offline  
Old Oct 31, 15, 9:02 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 5,879
Originally Posted by itchief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevoinva View Post
Sorry if the answer is obvious but as an EXP flying back from HKG next Wed and then connecting domestically, will I have access? I believe I saw language somewhere which says "to/from" Europe, Asia etc... allows entry.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer;
Yep (as long as same day connection for the most part). Enjoy..

This will not be as easy as it should be. I flew out on 29 Oct to HKG, I am EXP. The gate keeper at the door asked me if I was traveling in 'International First Class' I could enter. I showed her my boarding pass, I happened to be in J and it clearly said I was EXP, and she said no you can not come in. I went to the desk in the club and it took 10 min for the 4 people to figure out that an EXP on a international ticket could access the Flagship Lounge. AA has taken the time to set this up and open it but has done almost zero training of the staff in the club. YMMV.

As for the food, it was much better that the snack food that is put out in the club. They did have drinks out,
water - still and sparking
wine - Hess
Champagne - Taittinger
Beer - a selection
soft drinks
coffee/tea
Well now that you have provided them the "learning moment", it should be easier for the rest of us..
teemuflyer is offline  
Old Oct 31, 15, 9:23 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ROC/NYC/MSP/LAX/HKG/SIN
Programs: AA 1.75MM EXP EMD, UA 1.31MM LT *G, DL SM, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott LT PLT(PP)/ICH AMB PLT/Hertz PC
Posts: 3,209
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
It's about in par with what is offered in other FLs. Maybe slightly less but not much. For a first class product it's definitely lacking, there's no doubt about that. In many cases it's lacking even for a business class lounge and almost resembles what I expect to find at the walk-up "bar" on the 77W.

With that said, it is better than what had been offer at that location prior. For those with Centurion Lounge access that's still going to be the more substantial option. For those without, it's better than the AC. I almost wonder if it would help just to give F customers complimentary access to the AC food menu as well for a main course, similar to what QR does in the MIA AC for its J customers.
Sounds like it will be a great Thanksgiving visit for myself there. ^
Although I hate the closing of BUF, this is certainly welcoming.
PaulInTheSky is offline  
Old Oct 31, 15, 9:42 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by itchief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevoinva View Post
Sorry if the answer is obvious but as an EXP flying back from HKG next Wed and then connecting domestically, will I have access? I believe I saw language somewhere which says "to/from" Europe, Asia etc... allows entry.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer;
Yep (as long as same day connection for the most part). Enjoy..

This will not be as easy as it should be. I flew out on 29 Oct to HKG, I am EXP. The gate keeper at the door asked me if I was traveling in 'International First Class' I could enter. I showed her my boarding pass, I happened to be in J and it clearly said I was EXP, and she said no you can not come in. I went to the desk in the club and it took 10 min for the 4 people to figure out that an EXP on a international ticket could access the Flagship Lounge. AA has taken the time to set this up and open it but has done almost zero training of the staff in the club. YMMV.

As for the food, it was much better that the snack food that is put out in the club. They did have drinks out,
water - still and sparking
wine - Hess
Champagne - Taittinger
Beer - a selection
soft drinks
coffee/tea
cova is offline  
Old Oct 31, 15, 9:48 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,473
Two of us also EXPS in J also on flight to HKG on Oct 29. I was dressed in dress shirt and slacks and offered access without asking. Friend in T shirt and shorts and was not offered access. But I told agent we were together.

Last edited by cova; Oct 31, 15 at 10:10 am
cova is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread