Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 27, 22, 5:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship First Dining, located within certain select Flagship Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship First International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)

Flagship First Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 22:30

Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 29, 15, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AUSMatt View Post
I'm here at D lounge now and the agent told me on Saturday they will open a First Class dining in the old smoking room. They apparently have a chef now and will offer a varied menu. Not sure if it is true dining like the Concorde Room (doubtful) or just better catered food like flagship lounge (likely).

It's a start at least.
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Saying a Flagship or AA premium lounge has a "chef" would be like saying they have "concierges". Gilding the lily a bit.

But, we'll be glad to have a premium lounge at DFW once again. The Terminal A Flagship Lounge is a distant memory now, though it's still physically there, and the Arrivals Lounge memories are freshened every time I use the "A" shower facility.
Originally Posted by cova View Post
Two of us are currently in the DFW new Flagship lounge. Nice. Was the old smoking room. No physical changes other than new pictures.

There are letting in a limited number of people so you need to ask. 5 total in here now.

Nice food and drink but no hot food other than soup. Was here for Breakfast as well - again no hot items but large selection of cold.

For Lunch - Salad, soup, cheeses, and open face sandwiches plus a few other items. They serve you wine, soft drinks etc. No liquor.

Nice setup - but then no hot items (except soup). The open face sandwiches are nice. The set up is 10 tables for 2, tables are about 2 feet in diameter. Gray in color, and gray carpet.
I think JDiver unfortunately nailed it (again) . Hiring a "chef" for that menu seems a little "overkill".
Old Oct 29, 15, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zpaul View Post
Thanks for the update!

This is downstairs, where you get the card and stamp, with someone at the door to the FD area?
Yes, downstairs.
Old Oct 29, 15, 10:52 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Yes - the check in counter gives you a card that they stamp along with stamping the boarding pass. Automatically give you 2 drink coupons. You turn in the card when you enter the room upstairs. Then you show your boarding pass for re-entry.

It is 11:52am on Thur Oct 29th, and now there are 9 people in here. It holds 20 with the 10 small tables. No other chairs other than the 10 small tables for 2.
Old Oct 29, 15, 10:54 am

Did anyone ask where/when a permanent FL will go?
Old Oct 29, 15, 11:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Lucky posted some pictures on his blog:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ip-dining-dfw/
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:07 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
The Tatti isn't chilled??? THAT'S the biggest problem with this FD concept right there!

Seriously, though, it does seem like it's just for a quick (mediocre) meal, and they probably usher you out to turn the table, and with the stamp on your BP you can come back in for drink refills if you're a wine/champagne person. I presume that this was effectively a soft opening, so the advertised hot plates will debut shortly?
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:22 pm

Is anyone else underwhelmed by Flagship Dining? I was expecting something a bit like BA's Pre-flight Dining in New York, but mainly cold food? The food served should be in all Admirals Clubs not Flagship Dining. I'm disappointed tbh. =-/
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Piedmont767 View Post
Is anyone else underwhelmed by Flagship Dining? I was expecting something a bit like BA's Pre-flight Dining in New York, but mainly cold food?
Interesting. I was expecting something barely meeting the requirements, cost effective, and not remotely adventurous.

This is AA. Not Emirates.
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Piedmont767 View Post
Is anyone else underwhelmed by Flagship Dining? I was expecting something a bit like BA's Pre-flight Dining in New York, but mainly cold food? The food served should be in all Admirals Clubs not Flagship Dining. I'm disappointed tbh. =-/
Baby steps. Baby steps.
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
Baby steps. Baby steps.
LOL. Ever the optimist.
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:44 pm

The food is brought in from the regular kitchen area for the food for purchase (door to the right of the bar) so the distance is short from kitchen to room.

Basically they took the smoking room, repainted and put in new carpet (to get rid of smoke odor), new pictures and then just set up some serving tables and the 10 tables for 2. Much of the food is like what you can buy at the AC - salad, sandwiches, humus, etc. It is a nice touch - but not what you call a full service lounge - really just a private room with free drink and food (as sold in the AC).

Very friendly staff.
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:49 pm
Suspended

As an interim measure, was never gonna be much more than this. Long term plans for AA at DFW are pretty exciting and will surprise in a -very- good way.

That having been said; internally at AA there is, in real time, some consternation and disappointment with the "punch" of this soft-opening. A considerable amount, in fact.
Old Oct 29, 15, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cova View Post
The food is brought in from the regular kitchen area for the food for purchase (door to the right of the bar) so the distance is short from kitchen to room.

Basically they took the smoking room, repainted and put in new carpet (to get rid of smoke odor), new pictures and then just set up some serving tables and the 10 tables for 2. Much of the food is like what you can buy at the AC - salad, sandwiches, humus, etc. It is a nice touch - but not what you call a full service lounge - really just a private room with free drink and food (as sold in the AC).

Very friendly staff.
So you could order a pressed panini for example, and they would bring it to you?
Old Oct 29, 15, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
So you could order a pressed panini for example, and they would bring it to you?
No - the sandwiches are cut up into smaller pieces. First had an open face turkey - but about 1.5 by 3 inches. Then they had what looked like sliced up Panini maybe 2 x 2.

Actually I really like the lunch offering - I was back and forth to AmEx. Nice salads, and then the sandwiches and soup plus lots of other stuff - too much too eat

I will check out the dinner offering on return on Monday. But my choices are:
AmEx for breakfast and AA FL for Lunch.

Last edited by cova; Oct 29, 15 at 1:27 pm
Old Oct 29, 15, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post

Sir the panini is free....but we will need to charge you to heat it.

(jk)

Look forward to what they do with the real Prem lounge. And intrigued by Jons comments. I guess this looked much better on paper than the execution has delivered?

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Oct 29, 15 at 3:16 pm

Search this Thread