Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
DFW this afternoon.

Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DJ9109
DFW this afternoon.
I'll be there in less than 2 weeks so guessing menu will likely be the same. That halibut dish looks nice but then so does all of it. What did you have and what'd you think of what you chose (entree or otherwise)?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rossodio
I'll be there in less than 2 weeks so guessing menu will likely be the same. That halibut dish looks nice but then so does all of it. What did you have and what'd you think of what you chose (entree or otherwise)?
I had the Cucumber Quinoa Roll as well as the flank steak. Both very good. Kitchen struggled with the steak for whatever reason. Waitress came out after 30 minutes saying they had to remake it because it was overcooked. With plenty of time I have no problem sitting and drinking the delicious wine while they get the dish correct. Affogato for dessert was on point. Not very bad to mess that one up
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:17 pm

I thought the cucumber quinoa roll was a little bland. I really liked the pot stickers, halibut, and chicken cordon bleu. Wine was great - they had the Grand Siecle available, Paul Hobbs Chardonnay and Dragon's Tooth Red Blend were excellent. They also had Johnny Walker Blue on pour at the bar. All in all a great way to pass the time before a late departure to London. And all better than what was offered on board.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPHXFlyer
I thought the cucumber quinoa roll was a little bland. I really liked the pot stickers, halibut, and chicken cordon bleu. Wine was great - they had the Grand Siecle available, Paul Hobbs Chardonnay and Dragon's Tooth Red Blend were excellent. They also had Johnny Walker Blue on pour at the bar. All in all a great way to pass the time before a late departure to London. And all better than what was offered on board.
I wasn't aware Johnnie Walker Blue was available there. That will be very nice to have before 9 hours in the air. Anyone know what higher end cognac/armagnac/port they have there? Anything more exotic like absinthe or grappa? Would be very interested to know the full liquor selection there.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:41 pm

Hi! Is transcontinental AA FF arrival on JFK and transit to regular F on AA would have the access to FFD at JFK? Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by HenrySu1220
Hi! Is transcontinental AA FF arrival on JFK and transit to regular F on AA would have the access to FFD at JFK? Thanks!
Yes, arriving off a transcon in F from LAX/SFO/SNA you have access to the Chelsea Lounge as FFD is no more at JFK.
Old May 1, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Flying BA F MIA-LHR today and my buddy AA to YUL. From what I read I have access and can guest him... But I know language is vague and changes daily.
Old May 1, 2023, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryan754
Flying BA F MIA-LHR today and my buddy AA to YUL. From what I read I have access and can guest him... But I know language is vague and changes daily.
I'm not following, you're flying just LHR-MIA and your friend is flying MIA-YUL? Or you're both flying MIA-YUL?
Old May 1, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I'm not following, you're flying just LHR-MIA and your friend is flying MIA-YUL? Or you're both flying MIA-YUL?
I think the poster is saying they are flying MIA to LHR and they have a friend that is flying MIA to YUL, and they are asking if they are allowed to guest the friend in.

I'll admit, I'm fuzzy on the answer. If flying on international AA F, then I believe the answer is yes, however AA.com is largely silent on access when flying F on a OW partner.

Regards
Old May 1, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
I think the poster is saying they are flying MIA to LHR and they have a friend that is flying MIA to YUL, and they are asking if they are allowed to guest the friend in.
Yea it's not clear at all.

If the OP is just flying LHR-MIA and they happen to have a friend flying MIA-YUL the same day, then of course no one will have FFD access since OP won't be able to get back through security airside without a same day onward flight.

But if OP is flying LHR-MIA-YUL and their friend is also flying just MIA-YUL then they both should have access to FFD as BA F should provide access at both MIA and DFW plus one guest.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ryan754
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yea it's not clear at all.

If the OP is just flying LHR-MIA and they happen to have a friend flying MIA-YUL the same day, then of course no one will have FFD access since OP won't be able to get back through security airside without a same day onward flight.

But if OP is flying LHR-MIA-YUL and their friend is also flying just MIA-YUL then they both should have access to FFD as BA F should provide access at both MIA and DFW plus one guest.
Just to be clear, you've said "LHR-MIA" twice now, but the OP clearly said "MIA-LHR" in their post (see my emphasis above)

The only part I'm unclear is keeping up with FFD access when flying F on a non-AA, OW partner.

Regards
Old May 1, 2023, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
Just to be clear, you've said "LHR-MIA" twice now, but the OP clearly said "MIA-LHR" in their post (see my emphasis above)

The only part I'm unclear is keeping up with FFD access when flying F on a non-AA, OW partner.

Regards
Oh yea, duh, for some reason I misread it as LHR-MIA which is no wonder why it didn't make any sense.

So yea, a BA F departure should provide FFD access plus one guest.
Old May 14, 2023, 9:56 am

Hi I have upcoming itinerary as a single PNR on award for JFK to DCA in domestic First (lol), IAD to AUH on Etihad First, AUH to DOH on Qatar First, and DOH to DEL on Qatar Business class for 115k AAdvantage miles in total.

I know that at DOH would be allowed in the first class Al Safwa lounge in Doha based on the AUH-DOH leg. Wondering if will be allowed for AA Flagship First dining at JFK given the legs in first class in the routing although the first leg is a measly domestic one! Based on just a domestic flight wouldn't be allowed in any lounge at JFK period!
Old May 14, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by njdealguy
Hi I have upcoming itinerary as a single PNR on award for JFK to DCA in domestic First (lol), IAD to AUH on Etihad First, AUH to DOH on Qatar First, and DOH to DEL on Qatar Business class for 115k AAdvantage miles in total.

I know that at DOH would be allowed in the first class Al Safwa lounge in Doha based on the AUH-DOH leg. Wondering if will be allowed for AA Flagship First dining at JFK given the legs in first class in the routing although the first leg is a measly domestic one! Based on just a domestic flight wouldn't be allowed in any lounge at JFK period!
There is no Flagship First at JFK anymore. The Chelsea Lounge is the replacement.

I don't believe you will have access; you need to be flying same day International First.

Get access if you’re traveling in Flagship® First International, Flagship® First Transcontinental or Flagship® Business Plus on a qualifying same-day flight marketed by a oneworld® airline or JetBlue and operated by American.

That being said, you could try and hand over your First BP and see if it beeps green.

You will almost certainly be relegated to the Air India Lounge. (Yuk!)

Last edited by Global321; May 14, 2023 at 1:45 pm Reason: Correcting information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.