Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA FAs Now Hawking AA Credit Cards Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FAs Now Hawking AA Credit Cards Inflight

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
As long as people take applications from FAs, the spiel will continue. Every time the apps were offered on my flights, several people took them.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I have not heard this CC pitch in months but I tend to stick to LAA flights.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I have not heard this CC pitch in months but I tend to stick to LAA flights.
Trust me, I hate it as much as you do- thats why if you fly with me you will not hear the announcement.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by cyber1k
Interesting that you mention you proactively pause for the safety briefing.
I listen attentively to the safety briefing each and every time, and mentally rehearse what I might have to do. I want it all fresh in my mind should there be an emergency.

That's just the way I fly.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had to hear a really long one on an AUA-CLT flight last week. They also followed up after walking through the aisle with a "congratulations to all who signed up" and an additional plea for people to take the apps. At least on the crappy A-320 they weren't interrupting any IFE
Old May 30, 2016, 7:58 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But let's remember, they don't earn a ton of money. I'm willing to put up with a few extra minutes of announcements if it might help them earn a bit extra. Doesn't bother me. The AAngels in the Admirals Clubs are also commissioned (or maybe bonused) on memberships, both new and renewal.
I hope they're making at least as much as the bloggers per completed app.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Had to hear a really long one on an AUA-CLT flight last week. They also followed up after walking through the aisle with a "congratulations to all who signed up" and an additional plea for people to take the apps. At least on the crappy A-320 they weren't interrupting any IFE
Any chance it was Rebecca?
Old May 30, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
My Credit card is actually a result of one of their pitches. Take it I was already going to sign up but their offer was better then the online one.

50,000 AA miles and 2 day passes to admirals club.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Male FA pitched the card on the DFW-LAS on 5.20.16 at 4:30P. Pitch lasted over 10 minutes. Listed several locations where 50K points would take you. Then, walked the aisle and asked everyone in my cabin if they'd like an application. I travel every week, and this was absolutely most annoying FA I've had in a very long time.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
What timing. Read the thread, made a post, now I'm listening to the second longest offer over a very loud PA. 5 minutes and now the walk of shame.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I had it yesterday on AA2493 (Miami to JFK).

Particularly annoying as it was made early on in the flight when many were trying to snooze.

To top it off, after the announcement came the walk of shame, during which I was told to lower my window blind so as to not disturb others who were sleeping! Oh the irony, I am pretty sure the whole cabin was awake due to the credit card BS.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Heard the spiel numerous times on flights to/from the Caribbean and Mexico. I wish they would add the following to their presentation:
"However, folks, that free checked bag perk I just mentioned...well, It doesn't apply to this flight and you'd also be SOL on most other flights to Mexico and the Caribbean."
Old May 31, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I'm among several of the above who long for silence. I think anything more than the safety review is too much talking. I don't want to hear gate announcements, and I don't care which route we are taking as though I have any input in the matter. The credit card announcement is over the top and one of the nice changes I noted when I switched from US to AA a bunch of years ago...
Old May 31, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe one day airlines will distinguish themselves based on how peaceful the on-board experience is.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I take an application every time,,

'Thank you, I love the miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.