Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by CJ99
Does anyone know whether Priority AAccess on the boarding pass grants entry to the Acces No. 1 security/immigration line?
They let me in with "Priority" on the boarding pass with no invitation in July. The only trouble was the check-in agent put a "be at gate one hour before departure" sticker (SSSS) on the boarding pass covering the word "Priority", but we were (just) able to read "Priority" through the sticker, so no problem. My partner had an electronic boarding pass which read "Priority", and they let her and child through no questions asked.

(As noted in the post before yours!)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ashill
They let me in with "Priority" on the boarding pass with no invitation in July. The only trouble was the check-in agent put a "be at gate one hour before departure" sticker (SSSS) on the boarding pass covering the word "Priority", but we were (just) able to read "Priority" through the sticker, so no problem. My partner had an electronic boarding pass which read "Priority", and they let her and child through no questions asked.

That's good to know. Last time I asked for a invitation at the check-in desk just to be safe, and the agent gave me one, but seemed a little reluctant. Next time I won't bother to ask.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by whimsey21
That's good to know. Last time I asked for a invitation at the check-in desk just to be safe, and the agent gave me one, but seemed a little reluctant. Next time I won't bother to ask.
(Red is mine)

Not asking, IMHO, is not a good strategy. Remember, you are dealing with the French, where YMMV depending on how THEY feel! (Some sarcasm, some truth, lots of experience).

Because the "wizards" in IT at AA, still can't manage to change my name on my account to match my passport, I still have to check-in in person and get a paper boarding pass. MrsDallas49erand I are in and out of CDG at least monthly, and even without checked bags, still try to be at CDG 3 hours+ ahead,

Reasons: RER strike, cab strike, UBER late, accident on the highway, national holiday (skeleton crew in security=LONG lines, and (my "personal" favorite) Kettles with more luggage than the Joads leaving Oklahoma at check-in.

It seems that some here like to "poke the bear" and push the limits in terms of arrival. That is a personal choice, and may work in the States, but one is potentially just as likely to get "push back" and find that the functionary who just spoke perfect English, now responds "Je ne parle pas!.".

And what the heck, one is going to be in a metal tube for at least 7 hours or more, the CDG AC is one of the best in system, and if you can get in, the CX lounge next door does a great noodle bar after 10!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
(Red is mine)

Not asking, IMHO, is not a good strategy. Remember, you are dealing with the French, where YMMV depending on how THEY feel! (Some sarcasm, some truth, lots of experience).
I agree; if you're checking in a the counter anyway, certainly no reason not to ask for a pass. But if you have a mobile/kiosk boarding pass and are otherwise good to go, I would just go to Customs/security, show the "Priority" label on the boarding pass, and hope/expect to get in the Acces No. 1 line rather than waiting in the check-in line to talk to an AA employee. (For me, the priority line was 25 minutes; I got a kiosk boarding pass with no wait but was checking bags. And since my priority was based on AS MVP Gold status flying economy, I wasn't pushing my luck by asking for a pass, even if I was "entitled" to one.)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by ashill

Thanks for your reply. I guess I read your post too quickly to realize that you were using only the Priority on your BP and not an Access pass.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Update:

Indeed, when I pointed to the PRIORITY on my BP, the Acces No 1 attendant smiled, scanned the BP barcode, and let us through. It was a lifesaver at 10:00 on a Sunday!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: Free agent
CDG -> JFK

SO and I are on AA45 tomorrow which I just realized is at 8:55 instead of 9:55 due to the time change. Will the AA check-in open at 5:55 now instead of the previous 6:15? Im quite worried about security with it being pretty much a holiday and Monday morning as well. How much time should we allow considering we are non-status fliers (aside from Global Entry)?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Curious if anyone can shed some light here. I plan to fly into CDG from MIA on AA - looks like it lands in 2A. I think plan to connect and fly Air France to Venice which looks like it goes out of 2F. I have plenty of time 3+ hours to make a transit and won't have checked bags. My question is since I'm going Int to Int do I need to clear immigration/customs? I'm not familiar with the airport so unsure if I can just walk to 2F - it looks like the connect. That being said, if I need to clear immigration/customs it is a moot point.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:01 pm

I'll try again-AA CDG QUESTION (AGAIN)

CDG
Can family members (AA AC members) eventually flying out of terminal1, join Mom and Dad, flying out of terminal on AMERICAN AIRLINES on AMERICAN AIRLINES Flight #49 on 1/9/2019?

Doesnt seem like rocket science.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:10 pm

IIRC, to pass through security you need to be ticketed for a flight in that terminal.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:28 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
IIRC, to pass through security you need to be ticketed for a flight in that terminal.
Not necessarily. You can be allowed, but they will warn you about the long connecting time, delayed connecting buses, and security checks involved in changing terminals.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Louge access on transit

Hello all!

I'm transiting CDG next week (MIA-CDG-HEL) and have a couple of questions. I'll be, presumably arriving at 2A and departing out of 2D. It looks like the Cathy Pacific lounge is in 2A will I have easy access to this once I clear customs and immigration there? I'll have almost three hours pending things running on time.

I've never transited through CDG before, anything to take note of. I've browsed through here but mostly older posts so wondering if anything has changed. The official terminal maps leave a little to be desired with not much detail on the air-side of things or transit instructions.

Thank you!

Last edited by petteriusa; Jun 5, 2019 at 7:25 am Reason: correct typo
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by petteriusa
Hello all!

I'm transiting CDG next week (MIA-CDG-HEL) and have a couple of questions. I'll be, presumably arriving at 2A and departing out of 2D. It looks like the Cathy Pacific lounge is in 2A will I have easy access to this once I clear customs and immigration there? I'll have almost three hours pending things running on time.

I've never transited through CDG before, anything to take note of. I've browsed through here but mostly older posts so wondering if anything has changed. The official terminal maps leave a little to be desired with not much detail on the air-side of things or transit instructions.

Thank you!
Yes, you will arrive in 2A. Unfortunately, the AC (one of the best on the planet) and the CX lounge are on the airside of 2A, so unless you are transiting to HEL in 2A, you will have to clear customs and immigration, and then transfer to the terminal of your connection. Never having transited CDG, I’m unsure whether there is a shuttle or not. You will have to reclear security. Beware if you are on AF, your carry-ons, more than likely, will be weighed and size-wised together. If over weight and/or too big, 1 bag will be checked, or you won’t fly.

In any case, AC and CX lounges will not be available. Sorry.

Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by Dallas49er

Yes, you will arrive in 2A. Unfortunately, the AC (one of the best on the planet) and the CX lounge are on the airside of 2A, so unless you are transiting to HEL in 2A, you will have to clear customs and immigration, and then transfer to the terminal of your connection. Never having transited CDG, Im unsure whether there is a shuttle or not. You will have to reclear security. Beware if you are on AF, your carry-ons, more than likely, will be weighed and size-wised together. If over weight and/or too big, 1 bag will be checked, or you wont fly.

In any case, AC and CX lounges will not be available. Sorry.

Thanks, yeah that was basically my question, once I clear through and make it to 2D (connection on AY) can I easily walk back to 2A? It kind of looks like you can do this from the maps but I'm not sure. I won't have access to the AC lounge in any case, no status.

Thanks again for the help!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by petteriusa
Thanks, yeah that was basically my question, once I clear through and make it to 2D (connection on AY) can I easily walk back to 2A? It kind of looks like you can do this from the maps but I'm not sure. I won't have access to the AC lounge in any case, no status.

Thanks again for the help!
Your AY departure from 2D will be Schengen while the 2A/2C area where the CX and AA lounges are are non-Schengen, so you will not be able to just walk back and forth. Once you land on AA at 2A, there should be a shuttle that will take you to 2D, just follow the signs.

Your profile says AY Gold (oneworld Sapphire)? If you have this status then you can use the AY contract lounge in 2D, according to the oneworld site the Sheltair Lounge.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=CDG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.