Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Great/Strange TN / Air Tahiti Nui flight if you want to go to PPT in July

Old Jun 1, 15, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Air Tahiti Nui seems to be running a one off nonstop flight from DFW to PPT on July 9th. Both J and Y are wide open for award seats. I can confirm that the flight can be reserved. I can't yet confirm that it is ticketable.

They are of course selling seats on the flight as well. It shows on Expedia, Expertflyer, Air Tahiti Nui site so I assume its legitimate.
Old Jun 1, 15, 10:10 pm

Very funny. Wonder why? A charter?
Old Jun 1, 15, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Freaky!
Old Jun 1, 15, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's TN741, and the schedule seems legit:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Details Search:
Departing on 15/07/09 0:00
Flying TN flight 741

Depart             Arrive             Airline  Equipment  Number  Meal   Time    Miles  Reliability
DFW                PPT                
Terminal: NA       Terminal: INTERNATIONAL TN       343        741     SB SB SB10h 05m 5347   NA / NA
15/07/09 22:55     15/07/10 4:00
Anyone can figure out what's the inbound flight (assuming that the above is not a "mistake" flight)? Could it be that's the return leg of a charter? Or they're flying an empty LAX-DFW ferry leg? The mystery thickens...
Old Jun 1, 15, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A blogger already scraped this thread: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...las-to-tahiti/

One of the commenters noticed TN742 PPTDFW on 21JUL (also without corresponding reciprocal flight).
Old Jun 2, 15, 11:07 am
Suspended

Latest comment on onemileatatime blog entry on this states:

Just heard back from Air Tahiti. Its a special Charter flight and no paid or award tickets are allowed. They are going to cancel my current award tickets.
Old Jun 2, 15, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Both July 9th and July 21st flights no longer show on EF.
Old Jun 2, 15, 3:15 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
WARNING SPECULATION AHEAD:

I don't want to start the rumor mill, but it has been reported that Air Tahiti Nui was interesting in joining oneworld. Maybe they are sending a plane for the announcement at DFW.
Old Jun 2, 15, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
Latest comment on onemileatatime blog entry on this states:
I have zero information hard information on this but if it was a charter it is surprising that when I first looked there were zero assigned seats in either J or Y. It seems like the people responsible for a charter a month out would be working on who sits where already. When I saw the seat map I thought "this is never going to ticket" and sadly that was correct. I'm flying to PPT that week already and the DFW nonstop would have been so much better for me.
Old Jun 2, 15, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by millionmiler View Post
I have zero information hard information on this but if it was a charter it is surprising that when I first looked there were zero assigned seats in either J or Y. It seems like the people responsible for a charter a month out would be working on who sits where already. When I saw the seat map I thought "this is never going to ticket" and sadly that was correct. I'm flying to PPT that week already and the DFW nonstop would have been so much better for me.
I definitely have zero insight into this either-- the charter thing could be or maybe that's just what they told the guy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: