Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-8 / 788 Dreamliner MCE and Economy / Coach / Seating (consolidated)

Old Sep 15, 15, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
787-8 batch 1

Main Cabin Extra
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 34" pitch
Seat width: 17.1
Recline: 4
9" HD touch screen
Universal AC and USB-A sockets

Main Cabin
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 31" pitch
Recline: 3
9" HD touch screen

Connectivity
Panasonic high speed satellite wifi

In flight entertainment
Panasonic eX2 AVOD in-flight entertainment system with Live TV

787-8 batch 2

Main Cabin Extra
Collins Aerospace slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 34" pitch
Recline: 4
9" HD touch screen

Main Cabin
Collins Aerospace slimline seats configured 3-3-3
Row pitch: 31" pitch
Recline: 3
9" HD touch screen

Connectivity
Viasat high speed satellite wifi

In flight entertainment
Thales Avant in-flight entertainment system with Live TV
Print Wikipost

Boeing 787-8 / 788 Dreamliner MCE and Economy / Coach / Seating (consolidated)

Old Mar 15, 23, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Howard
In the center section, is there any advantage to row 11 over row 17?
The center seats in both of those rows are Main Cabin Extra. Row 17 is only one row away from the lavs and the galley.

Take a look at aeroLOPA.
Old Mar 21, 23, 11:56 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by lsquare
I haven't flown an AA Dreamliner in MCE before. I just picked 10A on AA169. It's the bulkhead seat. I wonder if this is similar to the bulkhead seat on a UA 788 Dreamliner? On UA, the bulkhead seat requires me to pull the IFE that's in between the seats up. The folding tray is hidden in the armrest. The arm rest isn't adjustable. Can I expect the same thing on AA? Also, when leaning my head to the side, will it be the window itself or the wall? It would be nice if there are pictures.
lsquare, did you complete your flight? Any comment on row 10.
Thanks
Old Apr 17, 23, 6:40 pm

Hello all, new AA flyer with a flight from PHL to BCN flying the 787-800. I am 6'6 and 300 pounds and am trying to figure out the best seat for my wife and I. I see on some Youtube clips that seat 20 D is a bulkhead seat (more legroom) with a foldable armrest. I would much prefer that over a fixed armrest. Am I correct that that seat will have one moveable armrest? Thank you so much!
Old Aug 25, 23, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, AA LT Gold
Baby Bassinets

Hello - I am traveling ZRH to PHL and back with a family of 4 + a newborn, and thus I am looking to ensure access to a bassinet seat. With infants, we typically opt for BA, as they allow seat reservations, but this time AA was necessary... Yet, AA seems to go to extreme length not to share where the bassinet locations are.
  • After speaking with 2 agents, both told me a consistent story - its airport control and they cannot see the map and the locations currently.
  • Yet, AeroLopa has bassinets in 10 DEH and 20 DEH only in economy.
  • During prior trips, agents in ZRH or PHL have given us a bassinet (it was not easy) in 10 ABC and 10 JKL, and none of these show up on AeroLOPA.
  • For my upcoming trip, row 10 looks booked but 20 is open. Would anyone have any info on whether row 20 DEH (in between 2 exit rows) might indeed have a bassinet set-up, similarly to 10DEH?
It is a bit crazy that in the era of fees and extra revenue, AA can't figure this out. I am literally offering to spend $ on seats, yet AA seems not interested.

Thank you for any help you could share!
Old Aug 26, 23, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Also, as per AA website bassinets are first come first serve.
Old Sep 13, 23, 11:07 am

Last two rows of economy on 787-800

Planning an international trip on an AA 787-800. Anyone have experience with rows 30 or 31, the last two rows of economy? These are two-across instead of three because of the curvature of the fuselage. Have heard there's a little extra room, and it would be nice to have a row to ourselves. Are the seats close enough to the windows to afford a decent view out? We are traveling with another couple, so grabbing those last two rows came up as worth checking out for the four of us. I'm aware the galley is nearby, but at least there are no restrooms in the back of this aircraft! Premium economy and Main Cabin Extra are probably not options for everyone on this trip. Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 21, 23, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FamilyVacation2012
Planning an international trip on an AA 787-800. Anyone have experience with rows 30 or 31, the last two rows of economy? These are two-across instead of three because of the curvature of the fuselage. Have heard there's a little extra room, and it would be nice to have a row to ourselves. Are the seats close enough to the windows to afford a decent view out? We are traveling with another couple, so grabbing those last two rows came up as worth checking out for the four of us. I'm aware the galley is nearby, but at least there are no restrooms in the back of this aircraft! Premium economy and Main Cabin Extra are probably not options for everyone on this trip. Thanks for any advice.
Curious about this as well...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.