Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
(Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H

NOTE: Departing Admirals Club members and qualifying oneworld members.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
  • Food and beverages
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia
Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
To me, AC/FL offers 2 advantages (pun not intended)

1. Showers are good

2. If you have lost or forgotten your UK to US power adapter, 110 volt sockets are readily available in AC/FL, to recharge electronics.

Otherwise, BA it is (and CX when it reopens, hopefully by the end of August).
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Random question... (and please no discussion on whether it's worth the price) ... if we buy two day passes for $50 each, will we be charged in USD or the GBP equivalent?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Awful AC

Had never been to any of the T3 OW lounges. Arrived at LHR a couple of hours before my flight so I decided to take advantage of my last month of Plat status (downgrading to Gold) and T3 lounge hop. Started at the BA Galleries Club and found it decent and then to the CX Business Lounge which was excellent. I departed the CX lounge so I'd have just have enough time to drop in the Admirals Club.

WHAT A DUMP!!!

It's like an 80s public gate area.

Sure it might have somewhat better food offerings than domestic ACs, but it looks like no care at all went into the decor with plain grey seats, DMV style linoleum floors, bare white and beige walls, cheap plastic chairs around plain eating tables and a couple of plants added which I'm sure some decorator thought would give it that "home look." It's dark and the recessed lighting does little to rectify the minimal natural sunlight. Even EXUS domestic lounges look nicer.

It adds insult to injury knowing the VX Clubhouse is directly upstairs from this dog.

Is there any possibility of AA completely remodeling this lounge or perhaps moving to a new space?

Last edited by Oakshadow; Feb 3, 2017 at 5:13 pm
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Had never been to any of the T3 OW lounges. Arrived at LHR a couple of hours before my flight so I decided to take advantage of my last month of Plat status (downgrading to Gold) and T3 lounge hop. Started at the BA Galleries Club and found it decent and then to the CX Business Lounge which was excellent. I departed the CX lounge so I'd have just have enough time to drop in the Admirals Club.

WHAT A DUMP!!!

Sure it might have somewhat better food offerings than domestic ACs, but it looks like no care at all went into the decor with plain grey seats, DMV style linoleum floors, bare white and beige walls, cheap plastic chairs around plain eating tables and a couple of plants added which I'm sure some decorator thought would give it that "home look." It's dark and the recessed lighting does little to rectify the minimal natural sunlight. Even EXUS domestic lounges look nicer.

It adds insult to injury knowing the VX Clubhouse is directly from this dog.

Is there any possibility of AA completely remodeling this lounge or perhaps moving to a new space?
Seriously? I was there last month and I thought it was really nice.

And there is no chance of a remodel as this just happened a few months ago!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Seriously? I was there last month and I thought it was really nice.

And there is no chance of a remodel as this just happened a few months ago!
Yes, seriously. As an international lounge it is not competitive. If you get the opportunity, just go upstairs to the Clubhouse and see a real international lounge. If you think this is on par with that of the T3 BA or CX lounges, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's unfortunate AA isn't interested in making this a truly good LHR lounge. As for a remodel just a few months ago, I'd hate to have been there before that renovation.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P

WHAT A DUMP!!!

It adds insult to injury knowing the VX Clubhouse is directly from this dog.

The first class lounge was even more of a let down having come from the CX first lounge (delay at the gate after we left the latter and figured we'd just go the AA lounge where they would announce our new departure instead of needing to guess).
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
The first class lounge was even more of a let down having come from the CX first lounge (delay at the gate after we left the latter and figured we'd just go the AA lounge where they would announce our new departure instead of needing to guess).
Agree with you on the CX bit. The FL has gotten better though, especially in terms of food and beverage. There is a good selection of liquor, decent buffet food, and quality champagne/a mimosa station. Staff are also improved and more helpful, and will provide at-seat service for things like champagne and mimosa refills. It still feels more like a fancy waiting room, but it is way better than it was two years ago. IMHO, it's better than the T3 Galleries F lounge, too (except for for the JW Blue). I don't get why people prefer the BA F lounge over the FL so much, especially with the mediocre food and variable staff.

The CX Lounge, OTOH, knocked my socks off. Their decor is superb, the staff is on point, and their restaurant rivals a top-tier Asian restaurant you'd find in a city. I show up early to LHR for this place, and I typically stay there until T-2.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Agree with you on the CX bit. The FL has gotten better though, especially in terms of food and beverage. There is a good selection of liquor, decent buffet food, and quality champagne/a mimosa station. Staff are also improved and more helpful, and will provide at-seat service for things like champagne and mimosa refills. It still feels more like a fancy waiting room, but it is way better than it was two years ago. IMHO, it's better than the T3 Galleries F lounge, too (except for for the JW Blue). I don't get why people prefer the BA F lounge over the FL so much, especially with the mediocre food and variable staff.

The CX Lounge, OTOH, knocked my socks off. Their decor is superb, the staff is on point, and their restaurant rivals a top-tier Asian restaurant you'd find in a city. I show up early to LHR for this place, and I typically stay there until T-2.
While the buffet is better. I found the BA F T3 lounge to have MUCH better made to order food. I sent my food back last year and talked to the manager, it was so poor. This year, I didn't even try, just went to CX. Have they switched to F ticket only dining like in the US or can anyone sit at the tables and order.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Global Entry
How does AA club stack up to AMex centurion lounges?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Zac Moreno
How does AA club stack up to AMex centurion lounges?
When Centurion was launched it was special and a bit of a sleeper. Now every time i go (DFW last month, LGA and MIA this month) it is an overcrowded zoo. So for me on par with the ACs .
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by beachfan
While the buffet is better. I found the BA F T3 lounge to have MUCH better made to order food. I sent my food back last year and talked to the manager, it was so poor. This year, I didn't even try, just went to CX. Have they switched to F ticket only dining like in the US or can anyone sit at the tables and order.
Anyone can order at AA FLounge. I'm not too keen on the lunch/dinner menu, but I have to say I really like the avocado toast for breakfast. I much prefer it to the CX breakfast. But I'll eat @ AA then move over to CX for the views and ambience. Looking forward to testing out the QF lounge soon!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, Bonvoy Titanium
Connecting through LHR in February, with only 2 hours. If I had to choose one: CX, BA F, of AA FL, where should I go?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by loosecanyn
Connecting through LHR in February, with only 2 hours. If I had to choose one: CX, BA F, of AA FL, where should I go?
If you have access to the CX F lounge, without question, the CX F lounge. You won't want to leave. The CX Business lounge is great too, it's just busier (meaning louder) and the food is buffet style instead of a sit-down restaurant.

BA F would be my second choice. I would only use the AA lounge if being as close as possible to the AA gates and specific AA flight announcements are most important to you. While I would arrive at the airport early to use the CX F lounge or Business lounges and maybe the BA ones, I wouldn't for the AA ones unless that was my only choice and I had some pre-flight work to do.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I would only use the AA lounge if being as close as possible to the AA gates and specific AA flight announcements are most important to you. While I would arrive at the airport early to use the CX F lounge or Business lounges and maybe the BA ones, I wouldn't for the AA ones unless that was my only choice and I had some pre-flight work to do.
I think this is a good recipe for success. Enjoy the Cathay and BA lounges for most of the time you're at LHR. Then, when it's closer to boarding time, head over to the AA lounge. That way, you can stay up-to-date on boarding times, delays, etc. for your AA flight.

My recent visits to the AA First lounge have been very nice. While it's certainly no CX lounge, it's still quite a nice place to wait for your flight. The food+beverage are good, and the staff are helpful.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
The QF lounge opened today too - from the looks of it certainly the best J lounge in T3. Will be interested to compare it to CX F. Looks like it has a really cool "gin bar" with like 20 different types of gin. May pull me away from BA F and its Johnny Walker Blue when I am in the drinking mood on a layover!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.