Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 28, 15, 1:28 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
(Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H

NOTE: Departing Admirals Club members and qualifying oneworld members.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
  • Food and beverages
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 10, 16, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
There are no transatlantic flights on BA from T-3 I know of; those should depart T-5. Please check your itinerary and post your flights (including marketed by and operated by). To catch an AA flight, it can be a long walk- iirc the farthest could be over fifteen minutes, and you could have secondary security at the gate too..
I'll politely point out that BA flights to DEN, LAS, MIA, and YVR do depart out of T3--I believe these flights started departing out of T3 with the latest switches late last year. In either case, the point about the furthest gates being a good walk from the AC still holds.
Old Jun 11, 16, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks, dkc192, for the clarification.

and you could have secondary security at the gate too..
As in another bag x-ray scan? Or just a passport check?
Old Jun 11, 16, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
Thanks, dkc192, for the clarification.

As in another bag x-ray scan? Or just a passport check?
Secondary gate security at LHR usually consists of random manual bag inspections just before the airbridge. Majority of people do not have their bags searched. Passport check at the gate is mandatory .

In addition to the above-mentioned destinations, BA also currently operates PHX flights out of LHR T3.
Old Jun 13, 16, 6:02 am

Programs: US Airways, Hilton, Marriott
Hi, do the LHR DFW American Airlines flights go out of T3? If so, is there a BA lounge in T3 as I believe the AC is being refurbished?
Old Jun 13, 16, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by shedberg View Post
Hi, do the LHR DFW American Airlines flights go out of T3? If so, is there a BA lounge in T3 as I believe the AC is being refurbished?
Yes, AA uses T3 at LHR. The AA AC and BA Lounge are both open. The CX lounge is currently being refurbished.
Old Jun 13, 16, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Yes, all AA Heathrow departures are from T3.

The AC remains open during its refurb.

If you are oneWorld emerald or sapphire, or if you are flying in F or J, you can also use the BA lounge (CX lounge too, when it reopens at the end of August 2016).
Old Jun 13, 16, 8:14 am

To clarify, the AC in T3 departures remains open.

It's the AA *Arrivals* lounge which has been temporarily closed for refurbishment.
Old Jun 13, 16, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
And for one tiny piece more clarity, AA6154, which is a codeshare operated by BA (BA193) goes out of T5. As mentioned above, all the AA-operated flights LHR-DFW go from T3.
Old Jun 14, 16, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
And for one tiny piece more clarity, AA6154, which is a codeshare operated by BA (BA193) goes out of T5. As mentioned above, all the AA-operated flights LHR-DFW go from T3.
My flight number is flight 51 on June 18th so I am assuming going out of T3.
Old Jun 14, 16, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My flight number is flight 51 on June 18th so I am assuming going out of T3.
Yes it does
Old Jun 17, 16, 2:55 am

One last question, a bit off topic but I am booked in J on AA Flight 51 that appears to have seats available in F. Any opinions on if it is worth using an SWU to upgrade. LHR-DFW 10.5 hour flight.
Old Jun 17, 16, 3:52 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
DELETED
Old Jun 17, 16, 4:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
One last question, a bit off topic but I am booked in J on AA Flight 51 that appears to have seats available in F. Any opinions on if it is worth using an SWU to upgrade. LHR-DFW 10.5 hour flight.
A bit off-topic for this thread and widely debated elsewhere, personally I'd save it for Y-J upgrades as F on the 773 isn't a whole lot better than J, but if you always fly J and don't fly international Y then then this is as good a time to use it as any other.
Old Jun 17, 16, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Yes, a little off topic, but I would do it, if you haven't flown Int'l F on the 77W before. Nice, relatively long day time flight to enjoy the best that AA can offer (exept for the upgraded offerings on the LAX<->SYD route).

And assuming you are an EXP, I would not use the LHR Admirals Club, but rather the BA Galleries First prior to your departure (back on topic )

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jun 17, 16 at 7:57 am
Old Jun 17, 16, 7:43 am

Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
For 7-8 years I was a T3 BA lounge snob, and still prefer the BA F lounge to the FL. But the AC vs the BA J lounge is a closer call, particularly in the morning when alcohol is not a factor. The BA J lounge can be packed and the AC seems to have more places to sit. Unfortunately with AA not offering F on many of its JFK flights, and my (hopefully permanent) demotion from OWE, I am consigned to the J lounges.

Search this Thread