Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
(Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H

NOTE: Departing Admirals Club members and qualifying oneworld members.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
  • Food and beverages
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia
Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
In LHR they do not announce gates in advance. You need to keep an eye on the TV monitor and as your flight makes its way to the top of the list, watch for the gate announcement.

When the gate is displayed, start walking.
They announce the gate some amount of time before they start boarding. In my experience, AA announces boarding at least 15 minutes before they start boarding. I start walking to the gate from the lounge when they announce boarding and I can't remember arriving before boarding starts.

By announce, I mean post on the TV monitors.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
In LHR they do not announce gates in advance. You need to keep an eye on the TV monitor and as your flight makes its way to the top of the list, watch for the gate announcement.

I might just be a fast walker, but if I did that I'd be at the gate about 30 minutes before boarding starts. I normally leave the lounge about five minutes after the display changes to "Boarding Now".
Old May 3, 2015, 5:27 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does Laurent-Parrier Grand Siecle still exist as an offering in the Galleries F Lounge? I know it used to be commonplace, but I hear that it's not so much any more.

The FL is usually good enough for me, but I'd sidetable whatever work I'm doing to venture over there for a glass... or several.
I haven't seen it recently...when I was there last month, I only saw the Taittinger Brut Millesime 2006.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by nemloc
The review is luke warm at best it seems.
From a logistics perspective it sounds like I will need 25-30 mins to get there and to get back to my gate most likely.

Will look for it and maybe a schedule change to see if it's worth spending more time.
The Concorde Room is a tremendous lounge and not worth missing.

It is not a very long detour off your route as you'll have a long trek and underground transit to get from the EDI arrival in terminal 5A to the SEA departure which will almost certainly be in 5B or 5C.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
I might just be a fast walker, but if I did that I'd be at the gate about 30 minutes before boarding starts. I normally leave the lounge about five minutes after the display changes to "Boarding Now".
I guess I'm sort of a slow walker, so I usually leave the departure lounge when they announce the gate. I don't mind waiting a bit in the gate area. Sometimes they have additional security right at the gate, so I feel more comfortable giving myself plenty of time. In general, when traveling I like to be where I'm supposed to be.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page:

When you first walk into the LHR departure lounge (ie terminal area, with seating, shops, restaurants and TV monitors), the TV monitor will say something like

AA 135 Los Angeles Wait in lounge

When they assign a gate AND have personnel at the gate ready to process passengers, the TV monitor will say

AA 135 Los Angeles Go to Gate 35

By contrast, in most US airports they will have a gate displayed on the TV monitor way ahead of time. You can go to that gate and wait or to a restaurant or lounge convenient to that gate.

One year in Heathrow I asked an airport employee who told me the gate number ahead of time. So, I went on to the gate. Big mistake. The doors into the gate waiting area were shut tight and locked. I had to stand in the hallway with no place to sit except the hallway floor. I've learned my lesson. Go to the gate when they tell you to go to the gate. Not before. Not after.

Fast walkers can allow a bit more time.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold

Yes, I'm finding this a fairly annoying UK practice, but then again, like you said, there's not much to do at the gate either. They did that in Leeds, too.

I stopped at both the CX and BA lounges. CX had the noodle bar which was quite good (I recommend the wonton noodles), but they didn't have much else out. Maybe because it was early. They just had drinks and the noodle bar. There was only one other person in there when I went in. This was around noon. More people showed up by the time I finished my noodles, but there still wasn't much put out.

I'm just chalking that up to the earlier hour.

I liked the BA lounge much better. They had quite a nice spread of cold and hot selections and plenty of drinks (both alcoholic and soft) available. Their restroom setup was weird, but overall, I liked the lounge over CX's.

Didn't even bother with AA's.

US 733 left out of gate 30. It was a bit of a hike, and there was one small cafe between the gate and the main area. Gate 30 was at least wide open and had places to sit without having to wait outside.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by Superguy
Yes, I'm finding this a fairly annoying UK practice
Indeed, it's not just at airports. Platform numbers at the major train stations (Waterloo, Paddington, etc) are sometimes not posted until 10 minutes before departure, and a mad rush through the ticket barriers follows.

I have had good results asking the BA customer service reps what gate will be used before it's posted. (I mean the customer service desk in the back, not the people working admissions in the front.)
Old May 9, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JDiver
You may regret you didn't have more time; it can take a while to get an appointment for the Elemis Spa.
You can pre-book treatments at the Elemis Spa in London Heathrow Terminal 5A South within 28 days of departure if you are travelling in BA's First cabin. Details on how to book may be found at BA's You First web page.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ccengct
Indeed, it's not just at airports. Platform numbers at the major train stations (Waterloo, Paddington, etc) are sometimes not posted until 10 minutes before departure, and a mad rush through the ticket barriers follows.
Yes, I agree. The process is this way so that people won't head right to the gate and will instead spend more money in the shops.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
Yes, I agree. The process is this way so that people won't head right to the gate and will instead spend more money in the shops.
Makes sense.

I shopped anyway as I didn't have much time to do souvenir shopping. That said, the Brits were the most "in your face" about dumping people into duty free than any other country I've been to yet.

I came to the conclusion that LHR is just a mall that happens to have planes going in and out of it.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does Laurent-Parrier Grand Siecle still exist as an offering in the Galleries F Lounge? I know it used to be commonplace, but I hear that it's not so much any more.

The FL is usually good enough for me, but I'd sidetable whatever work I'm doing to venture over there for a glass... or several.
LPGS is now only in the Concorde Room at T5 (and onboard in BA F). The Flounges at LHR have Taittinger. There are occasional reports of a stray bottle of LPGS being sighted in other lounges, this is usually reported on the BA forum and consumed faster than you can say "flash mob"
Old May 13, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks for the visual. Am connecting next week in LHR. Was deciding between BA and CX and it looks like a stop at CX lounge is in order.
As good as advertised. Made a swing through the stores, noodles at CX lounge, a rest in BA. One thing to note,AA flights not announced in BA or CX, and my flight originally had a delay of 40 minutes and then was moved back to the original time and the board was wrong in the BA lounge. I was reading and not checking alerts, but decided to visit AA lounge for a few minutes where they informed me upon check in to go to gate. All well that ends well. Refitted 767 was very nice with a few quirks
Old May 13, 2015, 8:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I use the FlightBoard app (Android or iOS) for gate, delays, etc. information.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for the suggestion. Ive got it loaded and ready for next time.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by JDiver
I use the FlightBoard app (Android or iOS) for gate, delays, etc. information.
The BA board folks told me about a dedicated app for Heathrow. You can enter your departing flight and it bings you when the gate has been announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.