Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 28, 15, 1:28 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
(Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H

NOTE: Departing Admirals Club members and qualifying oneworld members.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
  • Food and beverages
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 20, 14, 11:54 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smilinganddialing View Post
Thanks but what about my specific situation where I have an intra-Europe arrival (T3) on BA connecting to BA transcon out of T5?

Your answer makes it seem like you perhaps misread my question as I have (a) an onward journey and (b) that flight leaves from T5. If (b) were to be T3 then I would be able to use the AC for sure so I think you might have thought I intended on using the AC prior to going through immigration and exiting LHR which is not the use case here.
To use the T3 Admirals Club you have to have a boarding pass for a flight departing T3. You will not be able to access the club.
Old Jul 20, 14, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
To use the T3 Admirals Club you have to have a boarding pass for a flight departing T3. You will not be able to access the club.
Thanks. Will use one of the BA T5 lounges in that case.
Old Jul 20, 14, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing View Post
Thanks. Will use one of the BA T5 lounges in that case.
Which are nicer than the AC in T3..
Old Mar 23, 15, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
no reason honestly to go to the AA F lounge when they're all so close.
AA has the best wifi and showers. Otherwise, I agree.
Old May 1, 15, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I'm flying out of LHR T3 tomorrow in C on US. I have an AC membership and also am a Sapphire, so I think I'm covered for admission.

What's my best bet for a club? It's looking like AA, CX, and BA all have clubs. I was in the T5 North BA club when connecting to a domestic a couple weeks ago and it was decent.

I'll have a 4 hour layover tomorrow, with a transfer from T5 to T3.

So main questions:

What's the best for food and drink?
Which is closest to where US typically boards?
And if the best one is "far" away, how long of a walk can I expect?

Thanks,

Super
Old May 1, 15, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
There are three oneworld business class lounges - BA Galleries Club best for food and drink, CX Business Class best for noodles, showers and being quieter outside of CX departures, and AA Admirals Club is only good for fast wifi and ample power sockets.

All three lounges are relatively close together. CX is to the left after the main departure lounge, BA is just to the right and AA is further along to the right. BA and AA are closer to the usual AA gates than CX.
Old May 1, 15, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
There are three oneworld business class lounges - BA Galleries Club best for food and drink, CX Business Class best for noodles, showers and being quieter outside of CX departures, and AA Admirals Club is only good for fast wifi and ample power sockets.

All three lounges are relatively close together. CX is to the left after the main departure lounge, BA is just to the right and AA is further along to the right. BA and AA are closer to the usual AA gates than CX.
Noodles ... awesome. I loved those in the NH lounges.

Where are the BA and CX lounges? And how soon before boarding do you typically need to head to the gate?
Old May 1, 15, 8:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Superguy View Post
Noodles ... awesome. I loved those in the NH lounges.

Where are the BA and CX lounges? And how soon before boarding do you typically need to head to the gate?
When you enter T3, just follow the overhead signs for airport lounges. BA lounges are at lounge Zone F. CX lounges are in Zone C, just to the left of the BA lounges. (The walk is probably 60-90 seconds.) AA lounges are at the far right end of the lounges in Zone H - another 1-2 min walk.

As for when to get to the gate, I like to get to the gate around 45 min before departure. The time it takes to walk to your gate varies greatly. It could be as short as 5 minutes from the lounges to gates in the low 20s. If your gate is high 30s-40s, it's going to take you 20 minutes to walk there.
Old May 2, 15, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
<>As for when to get to the gate, I like to get to the gate around 45 min before departure. The time it takes to walk to your gate varies greatly. It could be as short as 5 minutes from the lounges to gates in the low 20s. If your gate is high 30s-40s, it's going to take you 20 minutes to walk there.
My usual experience is that if you start walking at at brisk pace to the gate when they announce boarding (BA lounge you have to watch the boards), you'll arrive at least 5 minutes before boarding actually starts.
Old May 2, 15, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Question on where to head to in LHR: wife and I are arriving from EDI on BA at 1:10pm, and leaving for SEA at 3:30pm via BA F, have AA Plat & (United Plat+club). Not a long layover but I doubt we would have had lunch already, any suggestions? or should we just grab an early snack and wait for the BA F meal?
Old May 2, 15, 6:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by nemloc View Post
Question on where to head to in LHR: wife and I are arriving from EDI on BA at 1:10pm, and leaving for SEA at 3:30pm via BA F, have AA Plat & (United Plat+club). Not a long layover but I doubt we would have had lunch already, any suggestions? or should we just grab an early snack and wait for the BA F meal?
No doubt about this one: the BA Concorde Room!

Be there or be square.

You may regret you didn't have more time; it can take a while to get an appointment for the Elemis Spa.

See http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ndon-heathrow/

Last edited by JDiver; May 2, 15 at 7:01 pm
Old May 2, 15, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Superguy View Post
And how soon before boarding do you typically need to head to the gate?
In LHR they do not announce gates in advance. You need to keep an eye on the TV monitor and as your flight makes its way to the top of the list, watch for the gate announcement.

When the gate is displayed, start walking.
Old May 2, 15, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Amtrak, WN
Does Laurent-Parrier Grand Siecle still exist as an offering in the Galleries F Lounge? I know it used to be commonplace, but I hear that it's not so much any more.

The FL is usually good enough for me, but I'd sidetable whatever work I'm doing to venture over there for a glass... or several.
Old May 2, 15, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
No doubt about this one: the BA Concorde Room!

Be there or be square.

You may regret you didn't have more time; it can take a while to get an appointment for the Elemis Spa.

See http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ndon-heathrow/
The review is luke warm at best it seems.
From a logistics perspective it sounds like I will need 25-30 mins to get there and to get back to my gate most likely.

Will look for it and maybe a schedule change to see if it's worth spending more time.
Old May 2, 15, 11:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by nemloc View Post
The review is luke warm at best it seems.
From a logistics perspective it sounds like I will need 25-30 mins to get there and to get back to my gate most likely.

Will look for it and maybe a schedule change to see if it's worth spending more time.
Long trek! You can dine there, but your backup is dining on the plane. Happy travels!

Search this Thread