Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 28, 15, 1:28 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
(Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H

NOTE: Departing Admirals Club members and qualifying oneworld members.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
  • Food and beverages
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 13, 14, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak View Post
Yes, and for the requirements of ccengct, the AA lounges do nicely. They have very nice showers as well.
I agree with this and I guess I am one of the few people here who actually likes the AA FL.

BA F is generally my favorite once I get past the surly and incompetent (when under pressure) desk staff. CX F is lovely except there are no proper dining tables and you are expected to eat the noodles over your lap (or go to J). AA has useful and helpful staff, sometimes pretty good food, and the best showers.

In IRROPS, I have no problem spending quality time at the AA FL until things get sorted out.
Old Mar 14, 14, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
having showered and used several oneworld lounges around the world,
AA Flagship lounge can get crowded, but still have not had an issue with finding a seat,
The Showers at LHR for AA are very nice, lots of space, plenty of hot water, the BA showers at LHR, pretty weak, the water in the showers seems to go from hot to luke warm during use, and of course the drain makes very funny sounds,
Food is decent in both places, BA first has a full breakfast self serve and a menu you can order from, (AA flagship does to) tired them both,
I dont drink wine, so not sure on the selection being better at either lounge, both lounges unforutunately lack in a decent cold beer selection, (head to a pub at the airport for that)
The BA in Mumbai (before they lost it to the Clippers lounge , never go there its horrible)
had a decent shower, and the food seemed ok, than again, rarely have I seen a change of food over the last 2 years.
Looking forward to the AA lounge at NRT and the CX lounge in Hong Kong later this month, heard good things about both.
Old Mar 14, 14, 7:53 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.4MM
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
BA showers at LHR, pretty weak, the water in the showers seems to go from hot to luke warm during use, and of course the drain makes very funny sounds
The showers in the T3 BA lounge are not that type.
Old Mar 14, 14, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Looking forward to the AA lounge at NRT and the CX lounge in Hong Kong later this month, heard good things about both.
OT for this thread, but at NRT, showers are nicer in the AA lounge, but everything else is better at the JAL F lounge (if you're OK with Japanese food). You can even schedule a 10 minute massage (of choice) there. Since you mentioned beer, both lounges have the "auto-draft-pour" machines, which are fascinating to watch as they lean back, pour and then straighten up and finish off with the perfect amount of head. The JAL lounge has two brand options, and AA only one, IIRC. And the CX Lounges in HKG are excellent..
Old Mar 14, 14, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
OT for this thread, but at NRT, showers are nicer in the AA lounge, but everything else is better at the JAL F lounge (if you're OK with Japanese food). You can even schedule a 10 minute massage (of choice) there. Since you mentioned beer, both lounges have the "auto-draft-pour" machines, which are fascinating to watch as they lean back, pour and then straighten up and finish off with the perfect amount of head. The JAL lounge has two brand options, and AA only one, IIRC. And the CX Lounges in HKG are excellent..
Thanks, for the info, but since I am on AA metal to and from USA, I think I am limited to the AA lounge, got a side trip with CX from NRT to Hong kong, so on that trip will be using the CX lounge. looking forward to the pour beer, hope its not Heikien,
Old Mar 14, 14, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by sinanju View Post
The showers in the T3 BA lounge are not that type.
shame I wont get to try them, out of T-3 always on AA even though BA has a direct flight to ATL, prefer the 77W and will take the connection to either DFW or MIA. (plus of course it means more miles)
Old Mar 14, 14, 11:09 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.4MM
out of T-3 always on AA
So?

I was flying AA105 a week ago Thursday, making a connection from IST to JFK. I had started my day in TAS and needed a shower. The AA lounge in T3 is the last place I'd go when flying AA from LHR.

Thanks, for the info, but since I am on AA metal to and from USA, I think I am limited to the AA lounge,
As an EXP on an international itinerary, you may use any oneworld first class or business class lounge in your departure terminal.
Old Mar 14, 14, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks, for the info, but since I am on AA metal to and from USA, I think I am limited to the AA lounge, got a side trip with CX from NRT to Hong kong, so on that trip will be using the CX lounge. looking forward to the pour beer, hope its not Heikien,
If you are AA EXP (OW Emerald), per your profile, you have access to all OW F-Class (and business class) lounges anywhere in the world at any airport, as long as your flight is on a OW carrier, and you have no terminal access issues, so no worries there.
Old Mar 15, 14, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
If you are AA EXP (OW Emerald)… you have access to all OW F-Class (and business class) lounges anywhere in the world at any airport, as long as your flight is on a OW carrier…
…and so long as you are not on a purely domestic US itinerary.
Old Mar 15, 14, 7:49 am

If you are AA EXP (OW Emerald), per your profile, you have access to all OW F-Class (and business class) lounges anywhere in the world at any airport, as long as your flight is on a OW carrier, and you have no terminal access issues, so no worries there.
thanks did not know that, I thought they (BA) would have told me to use the AA lounge, will have to give it a try next month when I am there,
Old Jun 2, 14, 9:27 pm

Hi Guys... I am flying from JFK to LHR on AA and then I am flying Emirates the same day going to Dubai... I was wondering if I can use the AC at LHR? All flights are in T3... Do they look at your boarding pass when you go in?
Old Jun 3, 14, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
By what entitlement will you be seeking to access the AC at LHR? Membership? Day pass?
Old Jul 20, 14, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Question about using AAdmirals club when arriving at T3 and flying out of T5

I have a 6 hour LHR layover coming up (arriving at T3 on BA intra-Europe flight and departing on BA out of T5). Having not transited between T3 and T5 at LHR in a few years, I wanted to know if there's a way to access the AAdmirals Club at T3 before heading over to T5 or do I have to go straight to transit to T5 upon arrival at T3 since I'm on a connecting itinerary? Does this require clearing any sort of immigration?
Old Jul 20, 14, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing View Post
I have a 6 hour LHR layover coming up (arriving at T3 on BA intra-Europe flight and departing on BA out of T5). Having not transited between T3 and T5 at LHR in a few years, I wanted to know if there's a way to access the AAdmirals Club at T3 before heading over to T5 or do I have to go straight to transit to T5 upon arrival at T3 since I'm on a connecting itinerary? Does this require clearing any sort of immigration?
You can't access the LHR AC when arriving from the states.
Old Jul 20, 14, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bdemaria View Post
You can't access the LHR AC when arriving from the states.
Thanks but what about my specific situation where I have an intra-Europe arrival (T3) on BA connecting to BA transcon out of T5?

Your answer makes it seem like you perhaps misread my question as I have (a) an onward journey and (b) that flight leaves from T5. If (b) were to be T3 then I would be able to use the AC for sure so I think you might have thought I intended on using the AC prior to going through immigration and exiting LHR which is not the use case here.

Search this Thread