Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport AA Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 19, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GaryD
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Flagship Lounge
LHR Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

London Heathrow Terminal 3 American Airlines Flagship Lounge

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H within Admirals Club

NOTE: see below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class flyers and Emerald members may have one guest.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

We offer complimentary access if you are:
  • Traveling First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international segment
  • Traveling First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
  • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum customer departing on or connecting to an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown
  • A oneworld First Class international* customer departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight
  • A oneworld Emerald customer** departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary
*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Mostly that after checking in and getting through security and everything, I'm unlikely to have time to get to any other lounge, and wondered whether people actually think the FL lounge is worth visiting since everyone appears to prefer other lounges at LHR.
You'll have 3 hours to kill.

Check it out, and the other two.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: WFBF
Yeah, I severely overestimated how busy things would be this time of a Sunday morning. Got into the FL a few minutes past 7AM, now debating where to wander to next.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Yeah, I severely overestimated how busy things would be this time of a Sunday morning. Got into the FL a few minutes past 7AM, now debating where to wander to next.
Have breakfast at BA F Lounge and wander over to CX afterwards for better views
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Have breakfast at BA F Lounge and wander over to CX afterwards for better views
I always have breakfast in the small dining room at the far end of the BA FC Lounge. It does have a rather depressing view scape but the food is superior to the AA Flagship Lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:05 am

Just left BA FL T3. Had shower in AA FL after arriving from HKG. nice shower, no one there at 5:30am. T5/T3 transfer took about 15 mins total.

Breakfast in BA F was very good (eggs Benedict) but the "hot" items on the buffet were room temp. Excellent champagne and OJ.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:17 pm

I will be going on AA first from LHR to NYC, will I be able to use the BA concorde room at heathrow?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by mycho1ce
I will be going on AA first from LHR to NYC, will I be able to use the BA concorde room at heathrow?
Nope, BA F only.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mycho1ce
As BA's Concorde Room is in T5, no. You'll have access to the AA FSL, BA Galleries F, and CX lounges in T3. Many prefer the BA lounge and others like the food offerings in the CX lounge.

Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by rwoman
As BA's Concorde Room is in T5, no.
Had nothing to do with WHERE the concorde room is located...Many folks fly into LHR on AA in F, then connect to BA out of T5. Even if you get to T5 you only have access if you are on BA in F.

Just to clarify for others.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew LHR-ORD in F yesterday and stopped into this lounge, frankly, I regretted saving much time for it. It's too small and too crowded. Food options were okay, full English breakfast, pastries, breads, cereal etc. One improvement over the BA F Lounge was they did have Bailey's.

Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Must depend on when you're there; it was entirely empty today around 1-2pm. Good smoked salmon plate, too.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Must depend on when you're there; it was entirely empty today around 1-2pm. Good smoked salmon plate, too.
Interesting. I was there from 10:45 to 11:15 AM
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Yes, the LHR FL generally clears out after noon as the bulk of AA departures typically board before 1200, leaving only a handful of flights spread out throughout the rest of afternoon (JFKx2, CLT, ORD, DFW, and the second LAX departure on some days).

Probably worthwhile to point out here that the CX lounge permanently closed last month. For me, this means my LHR T3 lounge strategy is using the FL only if I need a shower, and the BA F lounge for everything else.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Why anyone would use the AA lounges at Heathrow for anything but a shower is beyond me, but everyone who uses AA gives us more room in the BA and (eventually) CX lounges, so it's all good from where I sit.

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Probably worthwhile to point out here that the CX lounge permanently closed last month. For me, this means my LHR T3 lounge strategy is using the FL only if I need a shower, and the BA F lounge for everything else.
Negative, Ghost Rider: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...tails.LHR.html

Synopsis: CX lounges will reopen in June.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:18 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I found the LHR FL underwhelming. If you drink, the BA F Gallery is unbeatable with their champagne bar and quality of liquors. Now that the CX lounge is closed for renovations, the BA one is the one to go if you are in T3.

I did a review of the AA, BA and CX lounges last Nov. Click on my signature link and go to AY LHR-HEL report.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.