FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Lounge Guide: ICN / Seoul - Incheon Int'l. Airport KAL Lounge for AA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1679825-lounge-guide-icn-seoul-incheon-intl-airport-kal-lounge-aa.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

Lounge Guide: ICN / Seoul - Incheon Int'l. Airport KAL Lounge for AA

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N...AA_B_ICNKE.png
ICN / Seoul Incheon International Airport Korean Air KAL Lounge Departures Concourse A Level 4 by Gate 115

MikeFly May 14, 2015 1:30 am

ICN / Seoul-Incheon Lounge Change (Not Good)

Apparently since the beginning of May there is no access to the Asiana lounge for any AA passenger only the KE lounge.

I'm going to be sending in a note to AA about this decision. The KE lounge is a disaster. 3 count them three bottles of liquor, food that looks inedible, seating that is at best uncomfortable, etc.

The cost savings AA got on this change is not worth it.

UAPremierGuy May 14, 2015 1:39 am

#Goingforgreat? Discount Dougie strikes again. :td:

fotographer May 14, 2015 5:45 am

I was there a few weeks back, was hoping to use the CX lounge,but they dont open in time for the AA flights.. (dont open till 5 in the afternoon, but are open in the morning)
the Asiana lounge was nice, I would definity let AA know about the disaster that is the KE lounge

Time traveller May 14, 2015 9:38 am

Didn't they use the KE lounges when the route first started? I think with the code share with KE for the DFW-ICN route, this makes more sense that they use KE lounges. As for lounge food, drinks, etc, that is a different story.

sinanju May 14, 2015 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller (Post 24814864)
Didn't they use the KE lounges when the route first started? I think with the code share with KE for the DFW-ICN route, this makes more sense that they use KE lounges. As for lounge food, drinks, etc, that is a different story.

Yes, and I flew that route within a couple of week of it starting. IIRC, that lounge sucks on ice. It's this trajectory for AA that keeps me away from them.

skunker May 14, 2015 9:50 am

I'm going to say the switch has more to do with the codeshare with KE than cost savings.

I think the real question is why KE has a terrible lounge at their hub.

It looks like the only oneworld operated lounge is the CX lounge, which seems to be open almost all day. http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-a...ungeaccess/ICN

Is this the lounge in question? http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...n-airport-icn/

Time traveller May 14, 2015 9:52 am

Originally Posted by sinanju (Post 24814884)
Yes, and I flew that route within a couple of week of it starting. IIRC, that lounge sucks on ice. It's this trajectory for AA that keeps me away from them.

Are you talking about the KE lounge at the satellite terminal that is so bad? I think the KE business lounge at the central terminal was decent, although crowded at times. Definitely better than ACs.

nall May 14, 2015 12:15 pm

FWIW, I think both lounges are accessible via Priority Pass.

MSPeconomist May 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller (Post 24814945)
Are you talking about the KE lounge at the satellite terminal that is so bad? I think the KE business lounge at the central terminal was decent, although crowded at times. Definitely better than ACs.

I agree. The main lounge, which is more traditional in style, is better than the white plastic and KE turquoise blue satellite lounge. There's also a separate FC lounge in the main terminal which is not located right next to their business class lounge; follow the signs. [IIRC if you walk away from the main part of the terminal after leaving the business class lounge, it would be on the left side of the corridor and upstairs. It's sort of hidden but well signposted.]

GaryZ May 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Of course from the better, main terminal lounge, you still have to go downstairs and take the train to the concourse gates.

denCSA May 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 24815837)
I agree. The main lounge, which is more traditional in style, is better than the white plastic and KE turquoise blue satellite lounge. There's also a separate FC lounge in the main terminal which is not located right next to their business class lounge; follow the signs. [IIRC if you walk away from the main part of the terminal after leaving the business class lounge, it would be on the left side of the corridor and upstairs. It's sort of hidden but well signposted.]

The showers in the main terminal lounge are disgusting. The shower stalls have mold everywhere in them. At least the ones in the satellite are nice. Can't say the same thing about the decor, however.

1kBill May 14, 2015 4:35 pm

This is not good at all!

I hate the KE lounge in the main terminal. I don't even like the look of it, what with the puffy furniture and white & blue decor.

Will F pax be able to use the KE F lounge in the main terminal? I have a R/T in F coming up and will be extremely disappointed if I get shuffled off the KE business lounge.

Time traveller May 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill (Post 24817070)
Will F pax be able to use the KE F lounge in the main terminal? I have a R/T in F coming up and will be extremely disappointed if I get shuffled off the KE business lounge.

When you check in at the ticketing counter, they should give you a lounge invitation and on that invite, your AA flight in F class will be noted. You will need the invite as this will be a contract lounge and OW rules won't apply. Normally since most long-haul flights including AAs depart from the satellite terminal, you should be able to access the KE F lounge there. Whether you will be granted access to the KE F lounge at the main terminal will be at the discretion of the lounge attendant. Once again rules for contract lounges are different from OW rules.

When I flew in AA F shortly after the route started, I took my invite to the KE F lounge in the main terminal not knowing they had a F lounge at the satellite. The lounge attendant directed me to the satellite terminal saying that is where my flight will depart from. I asked nicely if I can just stay here since I didn't want to bother go looking for another lounge at the satellite. She said OK, but said once she takes the invite, I can't re-use it at the satellite F lounge. In other words, no lounge hopping allowed. IIRC, the KE F lounge in the main terminal was quiet, but nothing spectacular. Nothing like JL F lounge at NRT or CX Wing F lounge at HKG. There were minimal food options. The only upside was that you could relax in a quiet lounge, unlike how crowded the JL F lounge at NRT can get at peak times.

denCSA May 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller (Post 24817183)
When I flew in AA F shortly after the route started, I took my invite to the KE F lounge in the main terminal not knowing they had a F lounge at the satellite. The lounge attendant directed me to the satellite terminal saying that is where my flight will depart from. I asked nicely if I can just stay here since I didn't want to bother go looking for another lounge at the satellite. She said OK, but said once she takes the invite, I can't re-use it at the satellite F lounge. In other words, no lounge hopping allowed. IIRC, the KE F lounge in the main terminal was quiet, but nothing spectacular. Nothing like JL F lounge at NRT or CX Wing F lounge at HKG. There were minimal food options. The only upside was that you could relax in a quiet lounge, unlike how crowded the JL F lounge at NRT can get at peak times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing a KE F Lounge at the satellite concourse, only the main terminal. That is the issue.