Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lounge Guide: ICN / Seoul - Incheon Int'l. Airport KAL Lounge for AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
[COLOR="Navy"]Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

ICN / Seoul International Airport Korean Air Lounge

For Departing American Air Premium Passengers and Admirals Club Members

Link to ICN information on aa.com.

Link to ICN web site

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool.

Korean Air Lounge - Departures, Concourse A

HOURS: Nominally 06:30 - 23:55, but please see here on oneworld's lounge access tool for hours and further information.

NOTE: Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA operated flight and one of the following:
  • First Class ticket or Business Class ticket on same flight
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership
Also used for Japan Airlines and Malaysia Airlines (and many other airlines') departures. Airport Angel, Priority Pass access.

AMENITIES:
  • Beverages, and Food (by Grand Hyatt Hotel Incheon)
  • Showers
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Smoking room
  • TV
See review of this lounge with lots of photos from theboardingarea.com here.
There is oneworld lounge at Seoul Incheon International Airport; it operates with limited hours:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

LOCATION: Concourse A, departures area, Level 4 (Upper Boarding Gate 118, Level 3)

HOURS: Daily: 06:30-10:20, 11:20-15:10, 16:50-19:50
The Asiana Lounge is currently restricted to departing passengers on British Airways, Qatar Airways.

Print Wikipost

Lounge Guide: ICN / Seoul - Incheon Int'l. Airport KAL Lounge for AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Set your expectations really low. One of the most disappointing business lounges I have ran across. First world problem, I know, but nevertheless.
Agreed. They should partner with OZ on this one.

It's pretty sad when I'd rather be in a domestic AC or UC than that lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
I'm flying AA280 ICN-DFW at 18:30 tomorrow. The CX page shows that the lounge is open 16:50-19:50, so that's a possibility. I'm also Priority Pass, so that means I can get into the OZ lounge. And obviously the KE Lounge. Which should I choose?

Last edited by resnick; Apr 30, 2017 at 12:44 pm Reason: Updated web page
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
IMHO, OZ & CX lounges are roughly equivalent and both are much better than the KE lounge. KE lounge is best avoided.

OZ lounge has showers, not sure about CX. OZ also has massaging lounge chairs back by the shower rooms. OZ will probably be much more crowded are your departure time. For food, I'd give the nod to CX.

The only redeeming point in KE favor is Remy Martin XO cognac. Everything else is lacking.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Checking back on this.....flying ICN-DFW later today and wondering what the latest. The last time I was here I was given a lounge invitation for Asiana but it sounds like that's no longer an option (no PP). Is CX lounge really open until until 750pm? I never do check-in with an agent but I guess it's better to make sure I get some sort of lounge invitation?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Yep, used the CX lounge back in November, and it was open until 19:50. Interestingly, I got to the airport early (about 14:00), and while the lounge did "close" between 15:10 and 16:50, they let us stay in there if we were already in, though there was no staff and no food for that hour and a half, so stock up if you're hungry.

Nothing special about this lounge, but it was comfortable and reasonably quiet.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Checking back on this.....flying ICN-DFW later today and wondering what the latest. The last time I was here I was given a lounge invitation for Asiana but it sounds like that's no longer an option (no PP). Is CX lounge really open until until 750pm? I never do check-in with an agent but I guess it's better to make sure I get some sort of lounge invitation?
The KAL lounge is dreadful. Asiana is a definite step up.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Interesting experience....I roll up to the CX lounge with BP and my Emerald card and they try and send me to the KAL lounge because CX closes at 310 (I arrived at 115pm) and I said I would still like to use this lounge and the closing hour was fine. Was eventually let in....I will try KAL once CX closes.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by resnick
Yep, used the CX lounge back in November, and it was open until 19:50. Interestingly, I got to the airport early (about 14:00), and while the lounge did "close" between 15:10 and 16:50, they let us stay in there if we were already in, though there was no staff and no food for that hour and a half, so stock up if you're hungry.

Nothing special about this lounge, but it was comfortable and reasonably quiet.
same thing today for me.....there are a few of us still here after the closing time at 310pm. booze selections are still openly available
Old May 1, 2017, 12:41 am
Suspended

now at the KAL lounge and I don't see what everyone is complaining about. aesthetically it is much better than the CX lounge and more airy. There are plenty of hot and cold food options (pizza too for us Americans), a nice sparkling rose (CX only has one white option too BTW). It's no Int'l FC lounge (which I am sure is much nicer for KAL pax in the other concourse), but what do you expect in a non-oneworld hub market?

Dreadful was the Air Berlin lounge at DUS (a hub for them!) a couple of years ago.....that was really sad.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
ICN update?

Flying AA 280 on Friday, 9/15. Will probably get to the airport a little after noon, given logistics issues. Any lounge access that early? Any other updates about lounge access since April? Flying business and am EXP.

Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:12 pm

There is a cinema in the basement. There is a sauna. There is a lot to do
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
The KAL lounge is dreadful. Asiana is a definite step up.
Absolutely true. It is the worst lounge I have been in. No ambiance; feels like a bus station. Food offerings are really mediocre. Three booze choices: Scotch, Bourbon and congac (good brands though).

Not offered Asiana or CX.

On another note, AA does not open check in at the airport until 2 PM. Came out early, but had to wait for AA gate agents to arrive. Gate lice aplenty @ check in. Lots of military who are stationed here. Note to self - no need to come to the airport @ ICN TOO early!
Old May 5, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Lounge options in ICN

I will be flying AA from ICN in the next few weeks and want to know what the current lounge options there are. I am flying J, am an EXP, and Admiral’s Club member.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
The new KAL Prestige lpunge in T2 is much nicer than the old Prestige lounge, which is now closed, in T1.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by mcrw00
I will be flying AA from ICN in the next few weeks and want to know what the current lounge options there are. I am flying J, am an EXP, and Admiral’s Club member.
ditto. At the end of the month I'm off to ICN. Will be interesting to check out the lounge situations for sure to provide updated info as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.